Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: SEN Mafia XIV: The Godfather
SEN Mafia XIV: The Godfather
Aug 6 2009, 6:38 pm
By: JaFF
Pages: < 1 2 3 451 >

Aug 7 2009, 12:30 am Lingie Post #21

Quote from DT_Battlekruser
Also, could I NOT be a townie? I've only been a Doc twice, and a Boonie once. >;( Though I know asking for something, does not get it done, I felt the need to ask.

That's a fair share of special roles, actually. But the odds are you'll be something other than a normal townie.

I hope so. Also..

Quote from Post#1
1. lil-Inferno (P)*
2. EzDay281 (P)*
3. Zycorax (P)*
4. WoAHorde (P)*
5. FlyingHat (P)*
6. NerdyTerdy (P)*
7. EcHo (P)*
8. Darkling (P)*
9. Vi3t-X (P)*
10. Doodan (P)*
11. Loveless (P)*
12. Hug A Zergling (P)*
13. Chubacca (P)*
14. Norm (P)*
15. DeVouReR (P)*
16. Brontobyte (P)*
17. payne (P)
18. l)ark_ssj9kevin (P)
19. Shocko (P)*
20. TassadarZeratul (P)
21. Vrael (P)
22. Almost Alive (P)
23. Raccoon (P)
24. Dark_Marine (P)*
25. poison_us (P)*
26. Ashamed (P)
27. Darkling (P)
28. Your name here

Lingie#3148 on Discord. Lingie, the Fox-Tailed on Steam.

Aug 7 2009, 12:42 am Jesusfreak Post #22

I is in! :D

By the way, are the psychos and zombies for or against the mafia? Or do they just kill randomly regardless of faction?

None.

Aug 7 2009, 12:43 am Biophysicist Post #23

They are town-aligned roles.

None.

Aug 7 2009, 12:49 am Vi3t-X Post #24

SPONGE - When this person is killed, he "soaks up" all the hits for that night. That is, every hit placed is automatically redirected to him and he is the only person killed that night. This includes Boondock Saint hits. Does not affect other roles.

There is no Boondock Saint.

None.

Aug 7 2009, 12:50 am poison_us Post #25

Back* from the grave

I made my picture...looks kinda crappy though. Probably shoulda spent more time touching it up, and probably less blur on the text. Otherwise, I'm content with it.

Aug 7 2009, 2:51 am DT_Battlekruser Post #26

There is no Boondock Saint.

If there were, then that would happen. Whatever.. I think it's easier to keep the description out for future games.

None.

Aug 7 2009, 2:08 pm xAngelSpiritx Post #27

eternal lurker

/in

None.

Aug 7 2009, 8:20 pm Brontobyte Post #28

A lot of nice roles, can't wait to play.

None.

Aug 7 2009, 10:36 pm ToA Post #29

Que Sera, Sera.

in

Aug 8 2009, 1:35 am Dapperdan Post #30

The roles are an utter mess. There are way too many and there is no thought out reason for it. JaFF, I am dissapoint.

I asked you to sign me up earlier, but you didn't. I guess I'll keep it that way. Consider me out of this complicated mindfuck.

None.

Aug 8 2009, 10:17 am JaFF Post #31

Quote from Dapperdan
The roles are an utter mess. There are way too many and there is no thought out reason for it. JaFF, I am dissapoint.

I asked you to sign me up earlier, but you didn't. I guess I'll keep it that way. Consider me out of this complicated mindfuck.
The 13th mafia was a 'classic role' game, but it didn't turn out well. I don't want to host another classic role game just to 'get it right this time'. I think it's interesting to experiment with the ideas DTBK put up.

Oh well. You can't win'em all.

None.

Aug 8 2009, 10:20 am InsolubleFluff Post #32

Estimated time for sign ups?

None.

Aug 8 2009, 10:37 am JaFF Post #33

No more than a week.

Also, Dapper, what do you find to be so complicated about it? We're open for suggestions, the roles can be changed since the game has not yet started (no radical changes though, like turning it into '7 shapeshifters' :P ).

None.

Aug 8 2009, 3:14 pm Dapperdan Post #34

Quote from JaFF
No more than a week.

Also, Dapper, what do you find to be so complicated about it? We're open for suggestions, the roles can be changed since the game has not yet started (no radical changes though, like turning it into '7 shapeshifters' :P ).

I would cut the last 4 or 5 roles you listed. It's too much superfluous crap. This game is going to be hard enough to keep up with with limited time as it is.

None.

Aug 8 2009, 4:57 pm Riney Post #35

Thigh high affectionado

That doesnt make any sense why it would take any time at all. People are going to be killing/protecting left and right. And the chances of killing a enemy and protecting the right people each night is so low that the game will progress quickly with or without roles.

Its end game that should be worried about.

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Aug 8 2009, 6:19 pm DT_Battlekruser Post #36

Agreed. All you get are 6 to 10 people who are less happy because they didn't get a special role.

As for signups, probably not too much longer - we've got a healthy number.

None.

Aug 8 2009, 6:34 pm Dapperdan Post #37

Quote from name:Dark_Marine
That doesnt make any sense why it would take any time at all. People are going to be killing/protecting left and right. And the chances of killing a enemy and protecting the right people each night is so low that the game will progress quickly with or without roles.

Its end game that should be worried about.

I mean if I wanted to not be completely absorbed by the game and just check it everyday it would be easier if there weren't a lot of ridiculous roles that serve no purpose other to make whiners (which DTBK seems so bent on appeasing) happy and make balancing the game properly turn into a complete guessing game.

I disagree with the way this game is being set up but I guess sign me up anyway. I'm interested in the good ideas that DTBK has finally being used and guess I won't miss out on it just because of the other crap that isn't going my way.

None.

Aug 8 2009, 6:39 pm DT_Battlekruser Post #38

Dan, I don't really understand why more special roles make it take longer for you, a player, to follow the game. Still, all you really need to do is unravel the clues and what if someone is a Zombie, a Psycho, or a townie? The differences between the roles are just not that great.

I admit it makes balancing the game more of guesswork, but you can balance on-the-fly with clues, and to be honest, I never had any faith in some magic formula of perfect balance even in the simplest of games.

None.

Aug 8 2009, 6:49 pm JaFF Post #39

Quote from DT_Battlekruser
I admit it makes balancing the game more of guesswork, but you can balance on-the-fly with clues, and to be honest, I never had any faith in some magic formula of perfect balance even in the simplest of games.
Yeah, we're dealing with people here, not predictable formulas, after all.

And I'm glad you've decided to join, Dapper. :)

None.

Aug 8 2009, 8:44 pm Jack Post #40

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

In.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 451 >
  Back to forum