Staredit Network > Forums > Games > Topic: Removed
Removed
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Jul 25 2009, 10:35 pm
By: Excalibur
Pages: < 1 « 30 31 32 33 34 >

Sep 13 2009, 2:25 pm Bar Refaeli Post #621

steamboots and other movement speed items are good cept i dont think its good to start out with buying a 500g marchers, and also its better to walk to your fountain to heal, then buy a tp scroll and tp to your tower. seeing as you cant tp to your fountain and tp to your tower again right afterwords, if you just tp to your tower, you have no chance of being interupted.

i always thought frostwolf skull was over priced, cause some heroes have a better -attack and -movement speed attack, like arachna, and it costs little mana. also a good item is that snake coil thing, which costs 1800 and gives your attackers 25% miss percentage, can be very useful, and its pretty cheap once you start farming a lot

None.

Sep 13 2009, 3:49 pm ShredderIV Post #622

marchers is a bad starting item. tp scrolls are also bad starting items if you get them at all... Usually, i go either 4 minor totems, 1 pretender's crown and 2 runes of blight./hp pots/mana pots, or 2 pretender's crowns, 1 minor totem, and hp pots/mana pots/ runes of blight, depending on what hero i'm playing as. It helps by giving you some good all-around stats, +6/+5 to everything, and also helps for when you stat your early game build by giving you some components to soulscream ring/ fortified bracers or w/e. Otherwise, if you get a soulscream ring or bracers, you actually get less stats, because you'll be behind by 3 on two of your attributes to anyone who does this build. Marchers are basically just useless unless you plan on chase-ganking early game, and are really only good for making them into enhanced marchers/ steamboots.

None.

Sep 13 2009, 5:11 pm ForTheSwarm Post #623

Hack and slash is decent for some STR heroes if you have the extra money AND if you already have hack. H&S is just plain good on AGI heroes. The str gives you some much needed HP, and the MS bonus is definitely a plus.

None.

Sep 13 2009, 5:18 pm Sand Wraith Post #624

she/her

I usually start with 2(+3), Pretender's Crown OR 2(+1), a Runes of Blight, and a Mana Potion. Since I usually play ranged-support, I can usually opt out of the Runes of Blight and get another Mana Potion, or I can modify the build to include early Wards of Sight, which would aid in rune-whoring. If I play an INT-DPS Hero e.g. Zeus, Torturer, I'll probably just get a Bottle. If I Random the INT-DPS, I might go with either an early Tube (Mana, unless I am a tank) or (Bottle + Wards).

Sep 13 2009, 6:14 pm Kow Post #625

Quote from name:Ultimo
Fair enough, but you fail to realize that Hack And Slash is much easier to farm because it comes in many pieces. It is also more useful because you'll have many pieces, you'll reap the small benefits of getting +6 str, or +6 agility. The nighthound also does not need intelligence, so really you're wasting 20 stats on intelligence which you'll never really need. The proc rate is high enough on the weapon that after a few blink strikes, you'll maim them which will basically cripple their attack and movement speed. Really, frostwolf skull is useful, but is a luxury item for most. By the time you've farmed it up, you've already decimated the other team or you're getting owned. Unless you rush it, which is still very hard because you need to get 2100+2100+1200+750.
I agree with you in that the money could more easily and fruitively be used elsewhere, such as a nullfire blade or hell, wingbow, which costs about the same and gets you much more for an agi.

However, the immense amount of agi, 25, I want to say, grants you a ton of dmg and attack speed in addition to your backstab damage which uses agi as well as a bunch of str for survivability (close to 500hp, if I did the math right). As NH, pretty much any agi item is good for you. My staple items in a game are nearly all agi since it buffs so much for NH.

I'm also glad they changed, what was it, geometer's bane? to use slash instead of diffusal like 6.60dota did so you can upgrade that to bane rather than hack n slash if HP isn't your worry.

None.

Sep 13 2009, 7:09 pm Bar Refaeli Post #626

geometeres bane is one of my favorite items. :P
starting with minor totems is much better than pretenders crowns cause 2 minor totems is cheaper than one pretenders crown, and you should not need the inventory space in the begining so there a good point in filling up your slots with cheap items.
i think the only hero marchers is good for when starting, is swiftblade. marchers + blade frenzy is a great combo for the begining when all the heroes have low hp. of course, having an ally that can slow the enemy makes the need for marchers low

None.

Sep 13 2009, 7:19 pm ShredderIV Post #627

either way, the beginning of the game also has a lot to do with startegy, such as when i was playing as a glacius the other day, a valk got too close when at a lower end hp, and i got her... The way you play the beginning of the game is as important as what you get.

None.

Sep 13 2009, 8:53 pm Forsaken Archer Post #628

For a melee character, I would get a buckler and hatchet and a runes or 2x mana potion. The -damage from the buckler creates a lot more pseudo hp then starting off with f.bracers would, unless you are going up against some heavy nukers, in that case it's probably about the same.

None.

Sep 13 2009, 9:24 pm Bar Refaeli Post #629

i had a game where the final score was 50-8. a wretched hag on my team had most of the kills. anyone know if hag is rigged or not? that was the first time ive seen her play

edit: predator + Insanitarius is amazing

None.

Sep 13 2009, 9:46 pm Thuy Post #630

Personally I suck with the hag mainly because I never use her. But she's pretty good if you know how to use her which I don't :{

And yes predator + insanitarius = rape :D

None.

Sep 14 2009, 12:02 am Riney Post #631

Thigh high affectionado

Quote from Thuy
Personally I suck with the hag mainly because I never use her. But she's pretty good if you know how to use her which I don't :{

How bout predator with insanitarius and a heart?

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Sep 14 2009, 12:13 am Phobos Post #632

Are you sure about that?

Quote from name:Raccoon
i had a game where the final score was 50-8. a wretched hag on my team had most of the kills. anyone know if hag is rigged or not? that was the first time ive seen her play

edit: predator + Insanitarius is amazing
I would rather play Defiler. Sure, she cannot tele, but hey, her main nuke is an aoe skill that deals 350 and has a minimal cooldown of 4 seconds, VS the 600 damage you can achieve at level 3 of Hag's ult. Not to mention 135 seconds of cooldown...

this is signature

Sep 14 2009, 12:21 am Bar Refaeli Post #633

i had a game where i was succubus, and i farmed and ganked like hell until i had a staff of master AND a restoration stone, and it was pretty much gg from there. i went like 17-3

None.

Sep 14 2009, 2:40 am Thuy Post #634

Quote from name:Dark_Marine
Quote from Thuy

How bout predator with insanitarius and a heart?

YEAH That's what i get on him, once you get steam boots and insanitarius you start killing people pretty easily. So the heart is just around the corner!

None.

Sep 14 2009, 2:45 am ShredderIV Post #635

I've seen some people play well as hag, and others just suck...

her main power is teleport, where she can chase/run away, and the fact that she can quickly cast about 800 dmg on a person in an aoe.

None.

Sep 14 2009, 3:17 am ForTheSwarm Post #636

God damn KOFT or Tempest with a restoration stone is like hitler! It's an instant genocide every time!

None.

Sep 14 2009, 4:58 am Phobos Post #637

Are you sure about that?

Stop using darned acronyms. What is KOFT?

this is signature

Sep 14 2009, 5:11 am ShredderIV Post #638

keeper of the forest... and an easy way to stop both those ults is to not stay bunched together/get a shrunken head. People overlook how easy it is to survive them.

None.

Sep 14 2009, 2:54 pm Neki Post #639

I'm pretty sure Shrunken Head only negates the magic damage, not the effect, sorta like with a Tempest Ultimate.

None.

Sep 14 2009, 4:03 pm Phobos Post #640

Are you sure about that?

At least it should, after this patch.

this is signature

Options
Pages: < 1 « 30 31 32 33 34 >
  Back to forum