Sea units
Jul 20 2009, 3:50 pm
By: Jesusfreak  

Jul 21 2009, 2:18 am rockz Post #21

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

http://www.staredit.net/files/609/

This is method 1 on multiple units with very few locations.

Method 3 is best if you can terrain it right.

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Jul 21 2009, 5:18 pm Jesusfreak Post #22

Er... the link leads to a defence map... what is the method 1?

What is method 3?

None.

Jul 21 2009, 5:31 pm UnholyUrine Post #23

I was asked to edit it.. I think I did already.. or there may be some glitches that's stopping me from doing so... Maybe i should fix it now :C

If you want multiples of the same units to stay in the sea, then I have no idea.... :D

None.

Jul 21 2009, 6:02 pm Madroc Post #24

Sorry, I tried to post when I got back from work but sen was down for some reason. My method should work. You could try it for 20+ units, I'm just not sure what the results would be. It could be extremely laggy or it could be completely fine.

None.

Jul 21 2009, 6:58 pm Jesusfreak Post #25

K... now that I got that out of the way, I should actually come up with a basic sketch of what my map is going to be about... (I always remember the basic things last... :><: ).

A few questions:

How many hero choices should a good open rpg have? I always have trouble deciding when I have enough heroes (I have craploads of ideas for them) so I can start using units for creeps and other stuff.
Should the players be able to choose their heroes by pressing a button, or should there be some sort of challenge involved, ie, you run a bound and you get a hero depending on how far you get, or you go to a certain place, or beat a certain enemy, etc?
Should the heroes be godlike (like in many noob rpgs), or should I go with a more realistic approach of making the heroes just slightly more powerful than any other unit?
Should the bosses be unique, or should I recycle units by making them the same unit but with ups and spells and whatever?
Do most b.net noobs actually pay attention to the storyline of a game?
Should the story revolve around one key item (ie, The Ring, a particular person, a particular place, a special tree, etc), or should the issues a player is concerned with change with each passing quest?
Should the map be composed of water with a lot of relatively small islands, or should it be a large landmass with lakes, rivers and oceans? (In other words, do I start my slate with water and then paint land, or do I start with land and then paint water on it?)
How clear should the line between good and evil be?
Should each faction's towns be of a different race, or is it better to save units and make each town use the same buildings for the same purposes? (ie, should I use an evolution chamber for the "evil" town and a forge for the "good" town, or should I just use a forge for them both?)

Ok, that's all of the random questions I can think of for now...

None.

Jul 22 2009, 12:09 am rockz Post #26

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

play the map. air units can't fly out of the area due to a location which is centered around invisible buildings.

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Options
  Back to forum