Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Random questions about mapping
Random questions about mapping
Jul 14 2009, 3:30 pm
By: Jesusfreak  

Jul 15 2009, 1:25 pm Jesusfreak Post #21

You can use p15 scarab/interceptor to alter the "game speed".
No you can't, p15 freezes your comp... you're thinking of player 14.
Some novel things, Unit ID.
you may like this
Neato... what is it? o_O I can tell something's going on, but I'm not sure what... I'll see if I can replicate it myself =).

EDIT: This just in... player 161 will not be as useful as it first seemed... unfortunately, it is found to be unallied to itself (I placed multiple units for it and they started killing eachother), and it does not respond to triggers. I wonder if there's an extended player that DOES respond to triggers... most people say no, but judging by the fact that there isn't even a list of what they all do, they probably aren't fully researched... So far I've gotten to 95, just about everything 21 and up has crashed so far.

EDIT2: I found this: http://doodle77.dyndns.org/staticsen.php?st=2884
Some things you'll see (not necessarly playable, for viewing mostly)
Starcraft 4 times faster than "fastest" speed
Starcraft 8 times faster than "fastest" speed
Skyscrapers
Going over the supply limit (not drone trick or whatever, the map will actually have 200+ max supply)
Start Location tricks
Zerg units on Null terrain
A cloaked, unclickable, mining nothing, drone that provides creep
Pylon aura upon start of game
Have like 400 max supply without supply depots and crap.
Cloak nearly any unit(Player 161).
I bet this guy knows something about how to use Player 161. Does anyone know where I can find him?

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Jul 15 2009, 3:16 pm by Jesusfreak.

None.

Jul 15 2009, 7:28 pm NudeRaider Post #22

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Quote from Jesusfreak
EDIT2: I found this: http://doodle77.dyndns.org/staticsen.php?st=2884
Some things you'll see (not necessarly playable, for viewing mostly)
Starcraft 4 times faster than "fastest" speed
Starcraft 8 times faster than "fastest" speed
Skyscrapers
Going over the supply limit (not drone trick or whatever, the map will actually have 200+ max supply)
Start Location tricks
Zerg units on Null terrain
A cloaked, unclickable, mining nothing, drone that provides creep
Pylon aura upon start of game
Have like 400 max supply without supply depots and crap.
Cloak nearly any unit(Player 161).
I bet this guy knows something about how to use Player 161. Does anyone know where I can find him?
Look at the posting date
Posted by Yoshi da Sniper on 2004-07-20 at 21:58:23
Most of this stuff most probably got patched already. Maybe you can still create those effects, but you need to use another unit/player because the memory addresses get shifted in most major patches.
You can find him here or here.

Jul 15 2009, 7:36 pm Jesusfreak Post #23

Ye, I figured it was from a long time ago, but the patch thing never occured to me... hmm...

But he could probably still tell me the process of how to actually use the player >_<.

EDIT: Ah, I just got another idea (doesn't have to do with extended players)! Is there a way to detect a defiler's energy with EUDs? If there is, I could effectively know with triggers which defiler casted, say, dark swarm, and have the perfect targeting system for say, dodgeball! :D

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jul 15 2009, 8:50 pm by Jesusfreak.

None.

Jul 15 2009, 9:05 pm NudeRaider Post #24

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Quote from Jesusfreak
EDIT: Ah, I just got another idea (doesn't have to do with extended players)! Is there a way to detect a defiler's energy with EUDs? If there is, I could effectively know with triggers which defiler casted, say, dark swarm, and have the perfect targeting system for say, dodgeball! :D
Sure, check the EUDDB to find the offset for unit energy.

Options
  Back to forum