Staredit Network > Forums > > Topic: Advertisement
Advertisement
Jun 28 2009, 7:36 am
By: ClansAreForGays  

Jun 28 2009, 7:36 am ClansAreForGays Post #1

For this to to truly be a success, a goal for us should be that we should eventually don't want senners being the only ones reading/subscribing to this.

Possibly avenues for further distribution could be B.net spam bot advertisement, cross posting on official Blizzard forums, and advertisement of the zine on other SC fan sites. The latter would need to be undertaken with extreme caution as to not break the forum's rules and inflame its user base (happened here on numerous occasions).

If anyone is in good standing with any other communities then I would ask they use that to bring attention to the SEN zine.

Anyone have any crazy mad scientist "thinking outside the box" ideas on how to get some attention?

Jun 29 2009, 9:26 pm samsizzle Post #2

how bout every active person on sen put a link in their description on b.net.

None.

Jun 29 2009, 10:08 pm Jack Post #3

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

I'll do that, also I can post a topic on my clan forums and possibly run a hosting bot hosting something like SENzine Sign up now, and the map name or bot name will be go to OP Sen and type .senzine, then me or someone else can run a bot with a custom command that gives info about it?

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Jul 1 2009, 6:01 am Pyro682 Post #4

The problem is that people won't be just reading this... The majority of B.Net are players, not mappers/modders. Who would be reading a mapping/modding magazine who isn't a mapper/modder????
Hackers, maybe, and that's a long shot.

The point is, you have a very slim basis on subject and topics. To get more than Mappers/Modders, you're going to have to include more than just Mapping/Modding in the "zine".

None.

Jul 1 2009, 6:15 am DT_Battlekruser Post #5

The point is, you have a very slim basis on subject and topics. To get more than Mappers/Modders, you're going to have to include more than just Mapping/Modding in the "zine".

I hope we can structure the articles so as to be accessible to the player; for example you can write on classic UMS maps from the standpoint of playing them and enjoying them. We can also cover Starcraft 2, which is news for all gamers, and perhaps melee if we have any serious melee people left here..

None.

Jul 1 2009, 6:20 am Pyro682 Post #6

Melee for SC1 is a dead end, in my opinion. Everyone knows about it, and there's no room to expand. We can't question it, and besides- UMS pwns Melee.
The problem you have with SC2 and news for that would be the fact that people would just think "Blizzard has the most reliable information on the SC2 Project! Let's go look there for news! They'll have it first!"
If there's a way we can some how get information on SC2 before Blizz publishes it on their site, we'd be golden.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jul 1 2009, 6:29 am by Pyro682.

None.

Jul 1 2009, 6:27 am DT_Battlekruser Post #7

Melee for SC1 is a dead, in my opinion. Everyone knows about it, and there's no room to expand. We can't question it, and besides- UMS pwns Melee.

The simple fact that melee Starcraft is a billion-dollar industry and UMS is hardly a money source sort of puts things into proportion.

The problem you have with SC2 and news for that would be the fact that people would just think "Blizzard has the most reliable information on the SC2 Project! Let's go look there for news! They'll have it first!"

As a biweekly magazine, our job is not to break news first, but to combine rumors, official Blizzard releases, and intelligent commentary to provide the best and most informative version of the news available.

None.

Jul 1 2009, 6:30 am Pyro682 Post #8

Well, then. Bots in major clans would be a good way. Anyone know any contacts?

Have any major maps that go out into the public advertise this. Like, TS. The next version pumped out, put The Observer all over it.

Longshot: We may even be able to coax B.net into putting an itsy-bitsy link on their SC2 Site for commentary.

None.

Jul 1 2009, 3:25 pm ClansAreForGays Post #9

Quote from samsizzle
how bout every active person on sen put a link in their description on b.net.
Good idea. I prefer we use this link, as it is the most encompassing - http://www.staredit.net/topic/7806/

Quote from name:zany_001
I'll do that, also I can post a topic on my clan forums and possibly run a hosting bot hosting something like SENzine Sign up now, and the map name or bot name will be go to OP Sen and type .senzine, then me or someone else can run a bot with a custom command that gives info about it?
We will definitely be needing multi-channel advertising.

Quote from DT_Battlekruser

I hope we can structure the articles so as to be accessible to the player; for example you can write on classic UMS maps from the standpoint of playing them and enjoying them. We can also cover Starcraft 2, which is news for all gamers, and perhaps melee if we have any serious melee people left here..
This. Also, bedazed is our resident melee expert, but I think he was one of the people Ex scared off (honestly not sure though). My idea about stuff like SC2, and melee is that we just re-report on what a site like team liquid has recently discovered, and just cite them. We can do our thing, and they can do their thing.

Jul 1 2009, 5:04 pm Excalibur Post #10

The sword and the faith

Quote from ClansAreForGays
Also, bedazed is our resident melee expert, but I think he was one of the people Ex scared off (honestly not sure though).
He overstepped his bounds and was quickly reminded of them. I'm not the best at melee but I'm one of the few members who actually went to BWMN to learn about it. I'd say if BeDazed left than I'm the best we've got left.

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

Jul 1 2009, 5:55 pm DT_Battlekruser Post #11

By the way, this is an example of what I was talking about.

Blizzard says: "No LAN in Starcraft 2"
We report: "Blizzard says there will be no LAN in Starcraft 2. This has set off worries that they may be planning to charge for the use of Battle.net and has deterred some loyal fans from planning to buy the game on release day..."

We can provide info that Blizzard wouldn't exactly be interested in commenting about.

None.

Jul 2 2009, 12:54 am stickynote Post #12

If we include a section for "map of the day," we might be able to bring in more subscribers, with info on the map, reviews, and strategies for the more well-known ones. We might be able to reel in more mappers and modders. I think it would be cool to have like a mapping tip of the day, or a modding tip of the day.

None.

Jul 2 2009, 2:36 am FatalException Post #13

Here's an idea for advertising: Anyone ever heard of the LOST game experiment? Viral advertisement at its finest.

None.

Options
  Back to forum