Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Terrain > Topic: Official Terrain Competition 17
Official Terrain Competition 17
Jun 21 2009, 7:15 pm
By: RoryFenrir  

Jun 27 2009, 12:52 am xYoshix Post #21

Looks nice, but it looks a bit blocky in places. I also think theres a slight height issue near the middle.

None.

Jun 28 2009, 6:46 pm r00k Post #22

^^

None.

Jun 29 2009, 1:10 am Pigy_G Post #23

Thats.. Horrible. Wtf is is with all the sprites and shit ruining the already bad terrain?

None.

Jun 29 2009, 1:33 am Vi3t-X Post #24

Submitting pieces that cannot be used (played) should not be allowed. Your excessive use of sprites will disappear in the first three seconds. Either that or crash.

None.

Jun 29 2009, 2:18 am Excalibur Post #25

The sword and the faith

That looks really unnatural r00k.

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

Jun 29 2009, 2:42 am xYoshix Post #26

Quote from Pigy_G
Thats.. Horrible
It's Horrible....What's with the pools of blood covering the blocky cliffs on the top? Do we walk along a cliff and see pools of blood on the floor? I don't think so. All of the "blends" in here are blocky. The river thing is blocky. The cliffs aren't even done correctly. The back parts of the costal cliffs are done horribly, too.

Also..what's with the people and signs scrambled around? It sure adds on to the natural feel. Oh, and whats that? A crashed battle cruiser in a lake! Oh look! The walls near the bottom are covered in bushes! WOAH! Theres a giant blue rock in the middle of nowhere! Mom! There's a giant swarm of zerglings on top of that cliff! Oh my god! Amazing work!
...Lemmings...? :wtfage:

None.

Jun 29 2009, 3:23 am lil-Inferno Post #27

Just here for the pie

He has all those things for effect :|. I actually kind of like the screenshots that r00k takes; they show the scene being used in action, although it wouldn't be playable that way.

Jun 29 2009, 4:22 am r00k Post #28

Hmm ok...
I can explain that thing. There was once a Computer game which was called lemmings, it was all about little creatures running to the end of a cliff and jumping into the death. This game had been remaked 2 years ago. I never played the new one, but the original was epic. I played it hours with friends. ^^ You had to try to not let them kill themself, but this stupid beasts just wanted to die. Anyway. I was always reminded to this lemings when i saw the Zerglings (...maybe its just the -ing i dunno, cause they have nothing in common, Lemmings are sweet, Zerglings are ugly.)

When i finished my Terrain, i wanted to give it some sort of theme, cause i feel better when there is a story behind it, so i rememberd the lemings that jump into a cliff. The idea was born ^^. And it was pretty fun to do all that blood.
After i made the Lemmings and the blood, i thought that this would be a hell of an attraction for tourists, that drive with their cars (vultures) to that place, where the lemmings kill themself. And they must pay entrance fee (at the firebat). and can buy a sausage (at the zealot), and of course like at every good tourist side, you have some commercials near it ( the signs ). And a blown up jumping castle for the kids ( the blue crystal formation.)

Sad, no one gets the story, but i am not sure if it is my bad terraining or your blockheads. I mean 3 or maximum 4 people joined the last contests, and all you have to do is say Block, Block Block, Sprite, Sprite, Sprite !!!

Im fine with Yoshis critic, cause he at least participated, although the thing he did is not worth mentioning, and he maybe overreacted a little, but that happens in the heat :flamer: of the moment. :lol:
Oh and i really like the River, so much i use him in my new map. But if you can come up with a more unblocky style, same size, i would appreciate.

At least thx lil-Inferno.

None.

Jun 29 2009, 4:27 am samsizzle Post #29

you cant expect them to know why theres all those sprites and the zerglings and all that stuff, you didnt put an explanation. But to be honestly honest it is blocky and the cliff faces and all that stuff is way too straight and unnatural.

None.

Jun 29 2009, 10:33 pm Jello-Jigglers Post #30

i understood it... lol

I happened to like lemmings.

None.

Options
  Back to forum