Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Rate my spell sets!
Rate my spell sets!
Jun 18 2009, 3:25 am
By: Biophysicist  

Jun 18 2009, 7:42 pm Biophysicist Post #21

How many players are there gonna be in your map?
Six. And I'm going to make it like, steal 5% of money from all nearby players or something, don't worry about it.

None.

Jun 18 2009, 7:45 pm Norm Post #22

TZ, you have much to learn when it comes to spells, yet you refuse to accept my teachings young grasshopper.

/Agree with everyone else : Boring spells.

None.

Jun 18 2009, 7:59 pm poison_us Post #23

Back* from the grave

Quote from name:TassadarZeratul
Six. And I'm going to make it like, steal 5% of money from all nearby players or something, don't worry about it.

It's still gonna bug me. I'll figure out a way that works for me, and maybe implement it at a later date. I dunno. :unsure:

Jun 18 2009, 8:18 pm Pyro682 Post #24

I really didn't like many of them.. They were too simple, and too common. They need more originality.
I did like, however, the "Inversion Spell".
From what I did see, you spelled "Elixer" wrong.

None.

Jun 18 2009, 9:55 pm UnholyUrine Post #25

Without reading all the other posts (So correct me if you have already been corrected) I do find one striking problem with your spells set.

They just don't feel different enough.
I don't know if it's just me, but the spells just aren't different enough for Every Class to be significant. This is the same problem with Norm's Custom Hero Wars (right?)... Where he had tons of spell sets, but a single hero unit.

Now I'm just gonna go right ahead and say that you should slap yourself in the face.. and then slap Yoshi's face too.. then slap yours again if u feel like it. Because 1. you are using only 1 unit as every hero's unit.. so basically you have TONS of units to choose from to Summon/do spell effects... 2. Summon-heavy is NOT a bad thing.. especially if you have tons of units to choose from.. As long as the summoned unit reflects the theme.

Here's a List of names that I feel can be improved
LIST OF NAMES THAT SHOULD BE IMPROVED!!!

Now a List of stuff that should be scrapped
SCRAP THIS!!

Okay, I can't think of a good Ultimate for machine and light yet.. but when I do I'll say it :)

None.

Jun 18 2009, 10:20 pm xYoshix Post #26

Quote from UnholyUrine
and then slap Yoshi's face too..

Why be hating on me? :( I just think that summoning spells are VERY boring and doesn't really do much in terms of gameplay. Summoning "spells" aren't really "spells" because all you do is create a unit that attacks.

Remember, this is MY OPINION. No need to slap me ^^

None.

Options
  Back to forum