Staredit Network > Forums > Staredit Network > Topic: LOL - Major op SEN spam
LOL - Major op SEN spam
May 30 2009, 2:26 am
By: Vrael
Pages: < 1 2 3

Jun 15 2009, 3:20 am ClansAreForGays Post #41

We understand how floods work, and honestly happens to rarely to even worry about.
its just some people dont like to think its out of control.
oh you.

Jun 15 2009, 5:05 pm Moose Post #42

We live in a society.

Quote from woland
2) Talk to the flooder, and use common sense to persuade him not to contiune. (It does work sometimes)
Not if he's AFK. :><:

Quote from name:Dark_Marine
As much as a creative solution this may be, it isnt. Let us senners deal with our business, we dont need random assistance. Let me also add that we are indeed an intelligant bunch, most of us know how to at least make a map, some can port forward (Yes that is a big deal with a game like starcraft), some can program, hell some have jobs and go to collage. We understand how floods work, and honestly happens to rarely to even worry about. Now Op SEN is the bnet branch of this website wheither we like it or not. People will come there if they know about it and see the website as they do the channel (This is because they are closed minded, we cannot fix that, we are only so powerful).
There's no need to attack the guy, he's just trying to help. Especially while using terrible spelling that contradicts what you say, at that.

Jun 15 2009, 5:11 pm Riney Post #43

Thigh high affectionado

Quote from Mini Moose 2707
There's no need to attack the guy, he's just trying to help. Especially while using terrible spelling that contradicts what you say, at that.

Pretty sure I was groggy when I wrote that. ;o

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Jun 15 2009, 5:29 pm woland Post #44

Quote from name:Dark_Marine
Quote from woland
I'm not sure how old this is but I thought I could drop a word.

You cannot stop a flooding on an op channel you just can't. There is no bot that can do it nor anything that can help you stop floods. Believe me I've been on that for so long.
What you can do:

1) Make a clan channel and make your channel private on the right time.
2) Talk to the flooder, and use common sense to persuade him not to contiune. (It does work sometimes)

If you need help with making clan channel you can whisper woland@useast
or go to Clan Wol or clan TFH and ask for me.

Hope this helps.

As much as a creative solution this may be, it isn't. Let us senners deal with our business, we don't need random assistance. Let me also add that we are indeed an intelligent bunch, most of us know how to at least make a map, some can port forward (Yes that is a big deal with a game like starcraft), some can program, hell some have jobs and go to collage. We understand how floods work, and honestly happens to rarely to even worry about. Now Op SEN is the bnet branch of this website whether we like it or not. People will come there if they know about it and see the website as they do the channel (This is because they are closed minded, we cannot fix that, we are only so powerful).

What we can do, is provide a mature learning experience for new mappers, a strong healthy group of mappers for already experienced mappers to brainstorm and debate with, and keep it safe by administering it similar to here to the best of our ability.

I don't know how many times Ill have to say it, but why wouldn't we defend our ground on bnet if we make maps for a game that can only be spread ON that same bnet. We have the ability to deal with spammers and harassment in the channel, its just some people don't like to think its out of control.

> Fixed up JUST FOR MOOSE ;o

I never said it was "creative" it's just the only thing you can do. Since you want to deal with it yourself, I'll reserve my comments. Also, option 2 does work I've friended many flooders and hackers that way, most of them just want attention.

None.

Jun 15 2009, 5:38 pm Riney Post #45

Thigh high affectionado

Creative being as nobody has ever suggested such a thing before here, Option 2 at least.

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3
  Back to forum