Answer Votes Percentage % Voters
Screen-size 11

65%
None.
Bigger 6

36%
None.
Please login to vote.
Poll has 17 votes. You can vote for at most 1 option(s).

May 28 2009, 6:52 pm JaFF Post #21

It's basically a player vs player or team vs team defense, which is what I was talking about. You ignored the context.

Heegu, I know you're reading this. Talk to me. >_<

None.

May 28 2009, 6:56 pm Heegu Post #22

I'm trying but skype just loves to lagg.

None.

May 28 2009, 7:09 pm JaFF Post #23

It's not skype that loves to lagg but my internet. :P

ADD: My Skype won't be loading any time soon, so please post in the thread.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 28 2009, 7:26 pm by JaFF.

None.

May 29 2009, 4:36 am Kaias Post #24

Quote from JaFF
I was thinking about this player interation thing, and here's what I came up with:
Each player defends their own arena. When a round ends, all players are given the opportunity to influence what the next level will be like. Of course, the more money you put into it, the more 'influence' you have. There are several categories by which the attacking units can be classified:

1. Speed. If you have all your units stacked in one cell, fast units will get through as opposed to slower units.
2. Size. Since you are either pro-big units or pro-small units, you should fight for your interests in this area as well.

HP of the units may or may not be a 'parameter' you influence. I just feel like making it something that increases naturally to put additional pressure on the players.

How does this sound guys? Have something to add?
Sounds good, do it.

None.

May 29 2009, 12:46 pm rayNimagi Post #25

So how would that system work? Have units with a maximum of 9999 hp but set it to a different percentage every level? For example, the unit is a vulture. On the first level it has 1% hp, on the second level it has 2% hp, etc, and the players can "bid" for what type of unit they want for the next level? (e.g. reaver, vulture, marine, crackling)?

Win by luck, lose by skill.

May 29 2009, 5:17 pm JaFF Post #26

Exactly.

None.

May 29 2009, 9:36 pm Heinermann Post #27

SDE, BWAPI owner, hacker.

I'll play the map if the middle mouse button doesn't crash the game.

Jun 5 2009, 3:36 pm JaFF Post #28

OK, my exams are over and I started working on this. However, a wierd feeling just won't let me go; a feeling that some simple idea can bring player-to-player interaction to a whole new level, some idea that is quite close to the one I currently have. Perhaps players are able to influence the spells that are available next round?

Help me out guys. It's close, I can feel it.

None.

Jun 5 2009, 3:48 pm Norm Post #29

Do something like... After each person completes the round, the sand in the hourglass drips faster and faster so that if you're the last one you can get out, so you wanna finish first. That way players will look at their opponents to see if they're going to get fucked or not.

None.

Jun 5 2009, 4:47 pm JaFF Post #30

Well, as of now I was just planning on having a timer for the bidding process. So everyone will try to make their investments the last moment.

General Idea: The players are able to bid not only for the size and speed of the units, but also for the spell available.

Reason: without it, the map seemed like spawn defense - once you get the advantage, it's easy to hold on to it. This addition to the bidding idea makes it possible for the losing players to compensate for the bad unit size they have to face.

Description:
There are N spells. For now, consider only spells that deal damage. Each spell deals good damage to a specific group of units, such as 'slow speed, large size' or 'medium speed, small size', and deals much less damage to other unit types. So if some player(s) won the bidding for the unit size and speed (hopefully, spending more money than the others), then the losing player(s) can gang up and buy a spell that will aid them. Though this spell will be useful for the stronger player too, the weaker players will benefit much more from it. All damage is dealt with DDS, so I can fully control the damage according to and unit parameters that are known.

When bidding for a spell, it is not a 'gradual' parameter. The spell with the most money invested in it wins.

How does that sound?

None.

Jun 5 2009, 5:44 pm Norm Post #31

In all honesty, it sounds good on paper, but the connection is so loose that majority of players will not feel the significance of this system, and therefore discredit your efforts in making it more player 2 player interactive.

None.

Jun 5 2009, 6:04 pm BiOAtK Post #32

Have a spell that cycles a burrowed zling through all enemies. Call if Slow Time.

None.

Jun 5 2009, 6:48 pm JaFF Post #33

Quote from Norm
In all honesty, it sounds good on paper, but the connection is so loose that majority of players will not feel the significance of this system, and therefore discredit your efforts in making it more player 2 player interactive.
I wasn't expecting the average pub to understand the idea of influencing the next round at all. Yes, the connection is loose, but it is quite important and has the potential to change the course of the game if used correctly.
Quote from Anonymous
Have a spell that cycles a burrowed zling through all enemies. Call if Slow Time.
Maybe. Maybe Time Freeze will be enough.

None.

Options
  Back to forum