Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Terrain > Topic: Official Terrain Competition Round 15
Official Terrain Competition Round 15
May 4 2009, 8:09 pm
By: xYoshix
Pages: < 1 2 3 >

May 16 2009, 2:02 pm xYoshix Post #21

Good job, rook, but you may have overdone the sprites- and some of the blends are quite blocky..

None.

May 17 2009, 3:13 am Pigy_G Post #22

The only thing I really like about his is the top right... and it's basically just a spritefest.

None.

May 17 2009, 3:57 am xYoshix Post #23

Now that a look at it, it doesn't look too great. I can see all of the blockyness of the doodads and the blends. The only thing that makes it a Jungle of some sort is the mass sprite usage. :S

None.

May 17 2009, 5:19 am samsizzle Post #24

new theme?

None.

May 17 2009, 5:58 am r00k Post #25

Quote from Devourer
I'll vote for r00k. It's really well done, but there is one thing I complain about: the CLIFFS! Man, they are just like a line, 100% unnatural.
i was lazy at the end but gave it a new try today... better ?

Quote from Pigy_G
The only thing I really like about his is the top right... and it's basically just a spritefest.
well, no its not. its the perfect sprite placement. took me forever to place em the way that one tree covers exactly 3 spots you dont want to be seen.

Quote from xYoshix
Now that a look at it, it doesn't look too great. I can see all of the blockyness of the doodads and the blends. The only thing that makes it a Jungle of some sort is the mass sprite usage. :S
hmm... i tried to do some stuff i havent seen before and its not that blocky.
in game you will not see it just sen pros and good mapper judge that hard.
... and yes, a jungle consists of trees. mass trees to be precise.
and what about my ancient village and my maja temple... isnt that JUNGLE ???

Oh, btw would be nice to see anyone doing some kind of jungle terrain to let me know how it is done.

None.

May 18 2009, 11:30 pm Jello-Jigglers Post #26

Mirrors are so ugly... Stop it! lol

And the trees are too much... They are in perfect rows???

None.

May 18 2009, 11:33 pm samsizzle Post #27

not that it matters much but the whole sacrificial atmosphere is depressing.

None.

May 19 2009, 1:45 am Pigy_G Post #28

its the perfect sprite placement. took me forever to place em the way that one tree covers exactly 3 spots you dont want to be seen.

Quote from Definition of Spritefest
A) Large amounts of sprites to make mediocre terrain more eye pleasing. B) Large amounts of poorly placed sprites that do nothing for the piece. C) Terrain that is based on sprites.

None.

May 19 2009, 2:01 am samsizzle Post #29

Quote from Pigy_G
its the perfect sprite placement. took me forever to place em the way that one tree covers exactly 3 spots you dont want to be seen.

A) Large amounts of sprites to make mediocre terrain more eye pleasing. B) Large amounts of poorly placed sprites that do nothing for the piece. C) Terrain that is based on sprites.

GG

None.

May 19 2009, 2:07 am Pigy_G Post #30

I know rite?

None.

May 19 2009, 2:17 am xYoshix Post #31

Okay, so what should I do now? Should I extend the deadline, make r00k win by default, or change the topic?
Quote from Pigy_G
LOL PIGY

None.

May 19 2009, 2:24 am Pigy_G Post #32

I want to enter, if you dont change the topic i might, If you do, I might. Idk

LOL OWNAGE RIGHT?

None.

May 19 2009, 2:31 am samsizzle Post #33

how bout rook wins and we start competition 16?

None.

May 19 2009, 2:36 am xYoshix Post #34

I'll extend this two more days (May 20th). If no one enters, I'll change the topic (or maybe let r00k win by default. Haven't decided yet :><: ) .

None.

May 19 2009, 2:42 am Pigy_G Post #35

My entry really focus's on my new blend.

By the way thats an in-game screenshot.

Attachments:
untitled.bmp
Hits: 24 Size: 2304.05kb

None.

May 19 2009, 3:20 am xYoshix Post #36

When I open the file, I think it's messed up... or is this another one of your jokes? Can't you just use an image hoster for it to be easier? o.O

None.

May 19 2009, 3:23 am Falkoner Post #37

Don't be a noob and post it on a image host as a PNG, bitmaps are way too huge.

Oh, and Yoshi, it's screwy, but you can see the terrain.

None.

May 19 2009, 3:30 am xYoshix Post #38

I can't see the terrain much. Most of the screenshot is full of blank spots and only the left side is seeable. I see temple along the top and bottom and raised jungle in the middle. In between, there are a mass of trees.. :>.<: Anyone see the same?

None.

May 19 2009, 3:32 am Pigy_G Post #39

lol its a joke image, I put installation and jungle in the same picture

I see temple along the top and bottom

take another look

None.

May 19 2009, 3:35 am stickynote Post #40

Yoshi, on the top is temple, but on the bottom is space plating. he's screwing with you with his shitty MS Paint skills.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 >
  Back to forum