May 4 2009, 12:14 am BiOAtK Post #22

Look up Pray for Plagues by bring me the horizon. <3

None.

May 4 2009, 12:41 am MadZombie Post #23

Quote from Anonymous
Look up Pray for Plagues by bring me the horizon. <3
Wrong thread :eyebrows: .

Screamo? Get "The word Alive"

For the lulz try Rise against. Not really anything people shouldn't know about.

None.

May 4 2009, 2:34 am Norm Post #24

Hm, Sounds to me like Viet needs to dive into the world of Metal.

'88-'95 Awesomeness: Atheist, Morbid Angel, Death, Cynic, Carcass, Dark Tranquility, At the Gates, Dissection...
'95-'05 Awesomeness: In Flames, Unmoored, Children of Bodom, Soilwork, Kalmah, Insomnium
Current Awesomeness: Misseration, Arghoslent, Into Eternity, All Shall Perish, Between the Buried and Me, Obscura, The Faceless...

You also can't go wrong with the classics such as Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Metallica, ect.

None.

May 4 2009, 2:50 am Mr.Camo Post #25

For fans of Hardcore, Punk, Pop-Punk, etc. here are some suggestions:

New Found Glory
The Coldfront ("Restless" EP, they released it for free themselves, http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=c9fc0f72562476e9931c7453395df02508a8e26f5b6f8b155621d66e282a0ee8)
Success!
Daggermouth
Broadway Calls
Nomos
Grave Maker
Open Fire!
Disconnect Disconnect
Hot Water Music
Living With Lions
Set Your Goals
Avail
Barricade

None.

May 4 2009, 2:55 am DT_Battlekruser Post #26

Then differ. But you have to back it up. I have maybe a hundred Classical pieces by different composers, and I'm fairly sure maybe 65% are peaceful and slowish.

In the four-movement symphony form, three of the four movements are of a fast tempo (allegro, minuet/scherzo, allegro/rondo). I won't bother to list every symphony composed in the 18th and 19th centuries, but you get the idea.

The 1812 Overture and the final movement of Beethoven's 9th leap out of my head as strident counterexamples. And Holst's Jupiter, as I'm playing it now.

None.

May 4 2009, 3:09 am Centreri Post #27

Relatively ancient and inactive

Heh. Admittedly, I already forgot most of this from my class on it, but Symphony is not the only genre out there (though probably the most common). Gah, or maybe my list is biased for slow music. I'll cede the point due to inexperience in the matter :(. I hate ceding points.

Hm, Sounds to me like Viet needs to dive into the world of Metal.

'88-'95 Awesomeness: Atheist, Morbid Angel, Death, Cynic, Carcass, Dark Tranquility, At the Gates, Dissection...
'95-'05 Awesomeness: In Flames, Unmoored, Children of Bodom, Soilwork, Kalmah, Insomnium
Current Awesomeness: Misseration, Arghoslent, Into Eternity, All Shall Perish, Between the Buried and Me, Obscura, The Faceless...

You also can't go wrong with the classics such as Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Metallica, ect.
Yes, you can. I dun' liek em.

None.

May 4 2009, 3:25 am RIVE Post #28

Just Here For The Pie

Megadeth

Nuff said...

None.

May 4 2009, 5:24 am HolySin Post #29

I don't know, but I like this. I think this is definitely within the top five most powerful pieces I've ever listened to. Also, it's a bitch to analyze.

None.

Options
  Back to forum