Staredit Network > Forums > Staredit Network > Topic: Philosopher King #1
Philosopher King #1
Apr 2 2009, 4:02 am
By: Moose  

Apr 17 2009, 1:13 am Centreri Post #21

Relatively ancient and inactive

He's one of the "kings" of the website, so no.
But... he's not a 'Philosopher King', and I believe it refers to an ideal ruler of an society as stated by Plato, so... yeah.

None.

Apr 17 2009, 3:08 am Doodle77 Post #22

Quote from Centreri
He's one of the "kings" of the website, so no.
But... he's not a 'Philosopher King'
He is if he thinks he's a philosopher :P

None.

Apr 17 2009, 3:42 am Demented Shaman Post #23

Quote from name:Dark_Marine
Quote from name:Urine
Quote from IskatuMesk
Here's a start - disable name changing once and for all. As someone who doesn't visit this forum often, it is confusing as fuck when half of the members change their names every week.

The only people that changed name since presidents day was Phobos. Theres not THAT many.
Get yer facts straight, noob.

You didnt change your name thought. MOOSE did mr #88 ;o
What the hell are you talking about? I had a name change and I used it, ******* ****** **** **** **** ****.

None.

Apr 17 2009, 5:30 am InsolubleFluff Post #24

I'm gonna get so badly owned when this comes into effect.

None.

Apr 17 2009, 7:24 am Riney Post #25

Thigh high affectionado

Quote from IskatuMesk
Here's a start - disable name changing once and for all. As someone who doesn't visit this forum often, it is confusing as fuck when half of the members change their names every week.

The only people that changed name since presidents day was Phobos. Theres not THAT many.
Get yer facts straight, noob.

You didnt change your name thought. MOOSE did mr #88 ;o
What the hell are you talking about? I had a name change and I used it, ******* ****** **** **** **** ****.

Nvm then, I thought HE did it. I wouldnt degrade myself that much ever ;o

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Apr 23 2009, 12:06 am Doodan Post #26

I've been much stricter than usual lately. I just stopped myself from going on a deleting spree because, for some reason, I feel like I should have asked for permission to do so first, Moose. So, is it okay?

None.

Apr 23 2009, 4:02 am Syphon Post #27

Do what I did, shoot first, don't even ask questions, and then when someone else asks, shoot them too.

None.

Apr 23 2009, 6:09 am IskatuMesk Post #28

Lord of the Locker Room

Quote from name:Richard Nixons Head
Do what I did, shoot first, don't even ask questions, and then when someone else asks, shoot them too.

That's the spirit!

Show them your butt, and when you do, slap it so it creates a sound akin to a chorus of screaming spider monkeys flogging a chime with cacti. Only then can you find your destiny at the tip of the shaft.

Apr 29 2009, 4:14 am Sael Post #29

Don't knock yourselves too much over this. I've been here (sometimes active, sometimes not) since 2004. I have seen a lot of great stuff. I wish I could be more eloquent than this, but it is not a very difficult sentiment to deal with. Whether people will it to be or not, StarCraft is an aging game. Regardless of your own feelings for it (mine are purely nostalgic by this point), StarCraft's popularity is withering. I only hope that StarCraft II banks on the original's success (and maybe even gains some new folks from WoW's 11 million strong ranks in the process). I hope that StarCraft II is every bit as successful as the original.

I haven't mapped in years because other creative endeavors captured by time and attention. I will be there to pick up StarCraft II the day it goes to retail. I imagine we'll be seeing a lot of old faces pop up again, as well as many new faces. Moose's priority ought to be getting this site ready for StarCraft II with the changes he mused over in the original post. Get it ready for the next generation, the youthful ambition many of us felt years ago.

Every bit as importantly, I need to stress that we form a community that is stable and reliable. I absolutely hated the whole drama, Maplantis, SEN redux business (not saying that I minded either site or the respective mentalities, just being forced to pack up and start over). Give us a home. Let us stay here.

None.

Options
  Back to forum