Staredit Network > Forums > Serious Discussion > Topic: Discussion Concerning Christianity
Discussion Concerning Christianity
Mar 27 2009, 3:09 am
By: RoryFenrir
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4

Apr 15 2009, 2:32 pm Sael Post #61

God bless America! God is on our side, just like terrorists thought the big guy was on their side. Just like kings and queens are divinely appointed. Just like... you get the point.

This is going to be your worst question. you have no idea what you are talking about here, and are only musing on something you might have heard on the discovery channel. If there's one thing Christian scholars can do, it's talk your head off about how the bible has remained remarkably consistent for thousands of years(watch - The Case For Christ)

It's remained consistent, sure, but you still can't "validate the credibility" of the authors. One of them could be Crazy Nester, the one armed drunk that sleeps on the bus. Considering that many of stories were repeated orally for hundreds of years before they were written down (reportedly), there are some parts of the Bible that lack coherence with what historians know was actually going on in the world during those times. I lost my handy dandy Old Testament textbook (a dreadful class, truly), but there were a number of royal characters in Israel and surrounding regions that were not backed up by any solid evidence.

It really is fruitless to try to prove Biblical events through a presentation of evidence while "interpreting" unsupported claims, and that is one of the most tiring aspects of modern theology. "I'm going to argue that everything is right, one way or another. If evidence supports it, great! If not, well, it's still right. Just because."

None.

Apr 17 2009, 5:07 am A_of-s_t Post #62

aka idmontie

I know this was posted a whole back, but:

Quote from Zell.
I need to interject.
Almost all religions have one thing in common, live a good and moral life, and you will in turn be rewarded- whether in this life or another
All religions have one thing in common, the supernatural.

On another note, in Iraq, the people will literally say (in-shah-la) which means "if god wills it" and walk into the street without looking. They believe the earth is the center of the universe, and if you reason with them they'll tell you "hah, no no. It says here in my book (Koran)" The culture these people have came up into makes it impossible for them to be opinionated or even school themselves(They can now). Religion is forced upon them, and contrary to common belief the Iraqis throw like girls.

This needs to be cited. I also find it hard to distinguish wish religion you are refering to, the term "Iraqi" does not signify a religion, but rather a group of people who can practice different religions. And a false generalization such as "and contrary to common belief the Iraqis throw like girls" will not be acceptable in future posts. This is a warning to everyone posting in the topic.

I don't so much care about citing everything you say, but when it comes to allegations of culture which is not common knowledge, I want to see at least a source of information. Please remove all ambiguity from posts as well.

Personal GitHub
Starcraft GitHub Organization - Feel free to request member status!
TwitchTV

Options
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4
  Back to forum