Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Projects > Topic: Armageddon Onslaught 2.3 - Development Thread
Armageddon Onslaught 2.3 - Development Thread
Mar 9 2009, 6:07 pm
By: IskatuMesk
Pages: < 1 « 5 6 7 8 >

Apr 16 2009, 8:50 pm IskatuMesk Post #121

Lord of the Locker Room

Okay. I've semi-plotted out my remaining resources.

Weapons.dat entries are okay but will be running tight on flingy entries if/when sarge gets something done I asked for. Then I have to wait on the Tiamat.

But basically, AO is at 80% functionality in completion, 50% completion in polish (sounds, effects, AI changes), and overall about 70% finished.

This isn't a deadline, but if people get their sprite jobs done soon, AO could be finished and released in 2-3 weeks.

AO will not feature modified wireframes and probably no icons.

All plans for custom menus save those already completed and the CGI intro have been totally scrapped.

Show them your butt, and when you do, slap it so it creates a sound akin to a chorus of screaming spider monkeys flogging a chime with cacti. Only then can you find your destiny at the tip of the shaft.

Apr 17 2009, 12:29 am thunderaga Post #122

wireframes are fun to make!
Idk how no one could do them?

None.

Apr 17 2009, 1:49 am IskatuMesk Post #123

Lord of the Locker Room

Internal version G

- Doubled Syrius' health, tripled shields.
- Major code cleanup; didn't even get 1kb of iscript back out of it, though. :(
- Bone Golem, Reclaimer, Adjucator: all barebones functional. Need sounds, effects.
- Set out plans for remaining work to be done, soon I'll switch into polish mode and fix up the things that remain.
- Zeus primary weapon completed, needs effects and fixing the sprite, but it works.
- Misc sound effects added, soundtrack modified.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 17 2009, 1:58 am by IskatuMesk.

Show them your butt, and when you do, slap it so it creates a sound akin to a chorus of screaming spider monkeys flogging a chime with cacti. Only then can you find your destiny at the tip of the shaft.

Apr 17 2009, 2:01 am Pandut Post #124

I'm just a fish

You need sound effects eh?

I might be able to help you out there...

None.

Apr 17 2009, 2:08 am IskatuMesk Post #125

Lord of the Locker Room

I can probably take care of the sounds, I have an archive of sfx about 30-40gigs in size and I can get more if I really need to. It just takes a while to find the perfect sounds.

Apr 17 2009, 3:21 am thunderaga Post #126

I have an archive of sfx about 30-40gigs
holy, waste-o-space

anyways I hope it does come out soon, not excited as Starcraft 2 coming out but almost ^^

None.

Apr 17 2009, 3:43 am IskatuMesk Post #127

Lord of the Locker Room

I have 2 terabytes of HD. 40 gigs of sound has served me more than 40 gigs of anything else I would have put in that space.

Apr 17 2009, 3:49 am A_of-s_t Post #128

aka idmontie

Just imagine how much memory you use for MUSIC...

Personal GitHub
Starcraft GitHub Organization - Feel free to request member status!
TwitchTV

Apr 17 2009, 4:13 pm IskatuMesk Post #129

Lord of the Locker Room

The correct term is hd space. Memory is RAM.

I use about 100-120gigs for music.

Apr 19 2009, 3:10 am IskatuMesk Post #130

Lord of the Locker Room

ok back on topic

Today was a bit of a break week for me. Lots of Dwarf Fortress, some starcraft with mucky, ect.

One of my testers has informed me of a crash, potentially involving Duriel. I'll be investigating.

Got an example graphic for the new set of drakes. Of course it was totally screwed up from lighting issues, but the proof of concept remains: I can port World of Warcraft graphics into starcraft. The journey these graphics take from start to finish is tremendous and I don't imagine anyone else will ever do what I'll be doing again. (The closest would be Kirky's work for his mod and my discontinued AoW2 mod, but that doesn't come close to this, really...)

I have almost nearly finalized the unit list for AO. It now depends on the iscript.bin size limit, weapons.dat entries and free flingies. I'd like to keep a few of the units a secret, though. In short, you can look forward to about 6-7 more units.

The soundtrack is nearly finished.

I have some major polish runs to do (Mostly SFX finding, and some overlay creation), but other than the Tiamat and WoW conversions, all of the big, big work is behind me. The biggest overall job to do will be the Tiamat and its 6-7 various explosions, plus the super weapon.

If you'd like to create a map or edit a map for use in AO, please check out the related topic in the MM forum. This is your chance to become a part of modding history in your own way.

Apr 20 2009, 10:51 pm IskatuMesk Post #131

Lord of the Locker Room

There is currently an undiscernable crash in AO. It happens in late game; the screen goes black and I get a typical "starcraft has encountered an error and must close blah blah".

This doesn't seem to be an atypical expander crash, which in ITAS seems to result in a lock forcing you to tab out to the error.

Apr 22 2009, 6:52 pm IskatuMesk Post #132

Lord of the Locker Room

Update

I have good reason to believe that the crash is now fixed.

However, there's another, potentially more serious problem.

It looks like AO cannot escape the limit expander's bugginess in certain areas. In this case, in late-game, if the game has gone on long enough the weapon aspect of the expander will completely break and prevent any weapons from spawning ever again. It's like in default SC with valkyries, except NOTHING gets out.

Since the expander is such a hackjob and I don't expect DoA to be able to fix it, that makes it all the more important my final plan is set into motion and finished so games aren't allowed to last that long.

I also have Armageddon building the majority of its units now, it just doesn't want to build Golems or Gatekeepers for some reason.

Apr 23 2009, 5:39 am IskatuMesk Post #133

Lord of the Locker Room

Apr 23 2009, 7:45 pm Biophysicist Post #134

Is that a buidling or a unit?

None.

Apr 23 2009, 8:15 pm IskatuMesk Post #135

Lord of the Locker Room

Building.

Apr 23 2009, 11:47 pm thunderaga Post #136

We Want Updates!

None.

Apr 24 2009, 12:19 am IskatuMesk Post #137

Lord of the Locker Room

Oh, don't worry. I'm hard at work.

I have doubts that the Tiamat and Ghost Dragon will make it in. I'm just about to hit the iscript.bin size limit.

However...

Apr 24 2009, 6:26 pm thunderaga Post #138

i can just imagine how big the .exe will be when you release it

None.

Apr 24 2009, 9:43 pm IskatuMesk Post #139

Lord of the Locker Room

Only around 100mb I estimate. Not that big.

Apr 24 2009, 10:00 pm thunderaga Post #140

out of all mods i saw
yea it is

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 5 6 7 8 >
  Back to forum