Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Theory and Ideas > Topic: Fresh new idea
Fresh new idea
Feb 28 2009, 6:43 am
By: Norm  

Mar 1 2009, 6:19 am Pyro682 Post #21

Ok Umm... I guess I'll make another? What area do you want it for?

None.

Mar 1 2009, 6:25 am Norm Post #22

Well, i actually have all my spells planned out for each area. So if you are set on creating sample spells, you could wait for me to post me list to get an idea of what this map will entail, I would actually like to work it myself tho... Well, I don't know.

None.

Mar 1 2009, 5:43 pm Pyro682 Post #23

Well, heres the water offensive spell. [Like we discussed in shout box]
(I can make it accessible when youre not near water too, btw.)

TURTLE POWER!!! :lol:

Bahh, I think this one isn't as good as the other... I don't know, I imagined water being taken away from outside of the island or from a pool of water, and used to attack the enemy.

Attachments:
Water Powers.scm
Hits: 10 Size: 159.83kb

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Mar 2 2009, 3:52 am by Pyro682.

None.

Mar 13 2009, 3:01 am Scienthsine Post #24

Just because the title says 'Fresh new idea' I gotta say... Look up the originally Japanese book 'Battle Royal'. ;)

Love the idea of making a sc map like it though. I would suggest putting alot of effort into making the map very interesting inbetween player encounters, and maybe ways to ambush or lay traps? Good luck, will play it if I'm around when you finish it.

None.

Mar 13 2009, 5:30 pm UnholyUrine Post #25

So, correct me if I'm wrong, because I'm a little confused at the moment.

Each person can have 4 skill sets, each skill set has 4 spells. There's also a fixed skill set "Hunt"... which is the dark templar. Is that right??

So basically, everyone'd have 12 spells.. TWELVE!.. that's a lot man.. and they can be each level'd up too??
Isn't that a lot??
And what about the Skill points? Do they up each individual spells, or the entire skill set?...

I think that your ideas right now are overly ambitious! Not that they're bad ideas, but I think your focus should be more on the perks of the island itself...
I've thought about doing something like this myself, but felt that it'd be too hard to figure out how to "survive" and all that stuff, and that the general public wouldn't really like a map of survival without zombies/hordes of enemies attacking you...

So, what I think you're doing now, with the territory thing, is good. You should focus on having different areas of the island giving different perks. Maybe if you have this territory, you'd have more things to train on//have a healing fountain/food//mana pool//more defenses.. etc...

None.

Mar 13 2009, 6:30 pm Pigy_G Post #26

So basically, everyone'd have 12 spells.. TWELVE!.. that's a lot man.. and they can be each level'd up too??
Isn't that a lot??

no way, SPELLS PWNYOU

None.

Mar 13 2009, 8:27 pm Norm Post #27

@unholy: Each person has 2 spell sets. One is the 'k' hotkey. Hunter skills. Another is selected from one of 15. So you select one spell set, and it assigns the spells for Z, D, T. From there, Each spell (Z thru K) has four levels. These levels are reached by investing skill points into said spell. For example, I choose the 'Light' Power. When i have enough MP, i cast my third spell (T) which is called Scorch. This spell drains X amount of MP from any enemy that is close to me. Now, I have a skill point and i use it for 'T'. This will bring Scorch to the next level and now i use it once again. The spell now drains X+Y MP from any enemy close to me. Another skill point? Perhaps it will now drain X+2Y MP ect. Each spell has similar upgrades to this, and the maximum amount of times you can upgrade a spell is 3.

To simplify things, think of this. You only choose 1 skill set. Each player will always have the same spell set to 'K', but the other 3 spell hotkeys are filled based on which spell set they pick. I think you mistook when I said 12 possible levels of spells as 12 different spells. There aren't that many that they can use at once, but there are 12 different levels of spells for each spell set you pick because 3spellsX 4 levels = 12 spell levels. Don't forget that K can also be upgraded to a maximum level of 4.

On another note, it's not a 'survive the island' type game. It's more along the lines of 'Holy shit, the only way I can get my freedom is to kill the other people stuck on this island, and they are out to kill me too, so i need to survive' Territories don't play too large of a role in the game; however, controlling more territories will give you vision over a larger area and an increased rate of EXP gain. For more information or further discussion over this game, you can check out the thread in the map production forum. It is pretty far along, having all the systems implemented already and I only need to trigger 25 more spells out of the 50 total.

None.

Options
  Back to forum