Staredit Network > Forums > Staredit Network > Topic: What do you guys want to do with StarCraft 1?
What do you guys want to do with StarCraft 1?
Feb 3 2009, 7:54 pm
By: Forsaken Archer  

Feb 6 2009, 1:32 pm Forsaken Archer Post #21

I think you are oversimplifying SC2...
Won't we need a forum dedicated to altering graphics / new units / creating effects or something of the like?
Will there even really be a need for a modding forum? Shouldn't basically everything be possible with regular maps?
I probably should have used the wc3 map editor outside of beta.

None.

Feb 7 2009, 2:32 am DevliN Post #22

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

I suppose by "Modding Section" I was more assuming that all that stuff would be there, since it would still be modifying the maps/game.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Feb 7 2009, 2:48 am A_of-s_t Post #23

aka idmontie

Quote from name:isolatedpurity
I think you are oversimplifying SC2...
Won't we need a forum dedicated to altering graphics / new units / creating effects or something of the like?
Will there even really be a need for a modding forum? Shouldn't basically everything be possible with regular maps?
I probably should have used the wc3 map editor outside of beta.
There will always be modding -- either the way we do it now or by hacking (which is a form of modding). You could always simplify the modding section down to just pure white hat hacks. But we won't know what forums to create untill we get the final Staredit in our hands (is it still called Staredit?). There is going to be trail and error -- finding which forums fit and which ones don't. “No battle plan survives contact with the enemy."

Personal GitHub
Starcraft GitHub Organization - Feel free to request member status!
TwitchTV

Feb 7 2009, 2:57 am pneumatic Post #24

Quote from Excalibur
Um, not only do I think that we're getting ahead of ourselves but we have no idea how active SC will be after SC2 comes out. Yes we can assume it'll bring it down to Diablo activity levels, but we don't know for sure. I think activity should dictate how the setup goes. We don't even know if the SC2 editor is going to be all its expected to be. Maybe it'll be hard to use or have a lot of back end problems like WC3. (See Mesk's interview.) And condemning SC1 to an optional collapse at the bottom doesn't seem fair in any circumstance to a game that's given us 10 good years.
This. I know a lot of people who plan to be doing SC1 mapping even when SC2 comes out. But if SEN intentionally tones down SC1, then of course it's going to seem like nobody does it anymore.

Devlin's and A_of-s_t's ideas are good, except there needs to be a clear delineation between UMS and Melee map making. As long as there is a dedicated forum for SC1 UMS, it'll be good.

None.

Feb 7 2009, 9:01 am DevliN Post #25

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

I purposely excluded either UMS or Melee from the list because theoretically both should be shown off in "Map Production" and "Map Showcase."

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Options
  Back to forum