Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Assistance > Topic: wire frames messed up
wire frames messed up
Jan 30 2009, 3:34 am
By: thunderaga  

Jan 30 2009, 3:34 am thunderaga Post #1

when i make a wireframe, the colours that i put were all showing. this never happened unit today

None.

Jan 30 2009, 7:00 am poiuy_qwert Post #2

PyMS and ProTRG developer

Make sure you use the right palette and colors. Some palettes (most unit palettes for example) have duplicates of the wireframe colors, the ones further in the palette are the correct ones, or use a wireframe.pal.

Jan 30 2009, 9:58 pm A_of-s_t Post #3

aka idmontie

I believe the two later sets in the unit.pal work. (I use the second to last one and it works fine).

Personal GitHub
Starcraft GitHub Organization - Feel free to request member status!
TwitchTV

Jan 30 2009, 11:07 pm poiuy_qwert Post #4

Well different palettes could have some different colors, but its the index in the palette that is special, not the color. Wireframe specific palettes will have every color set to black except the index's that are used for the wireframe effect.

Jan 31 2009, 2:37 am thunderaga Post #5

ok?
so which one do i use for zerg
and which one i use for terran/protoss?

Jan 31 2009, 4:54 am poiuy_qwert Post #6

All races use the same ones. Decompile a frame from the original wireframe GRP and see which index's the colors use, im not sure which are the ones and can't check where i am.

Jan 31 2009, 8:26 am thunderaga Post #7

k
problem fixed

None.

Jan 31 2009, 9:15 am bajadulce Post #8

Quote from poiuy_qwert
Decompile a frame from the original wireframe GRP and see which index's the colors use
BAM! PIN THIS PLEASE SO I DON'T SEE ANOTHER WIREFRAM QUESTION ON THIS FORUM EVER AGAIN.

None.

Jan 31 2009, 3:19 pm RoryFenrir Post #9

The wire frame colors arent exactly the same for all races, the orange color is different for sure. The terran orange, apears green when it is full health, the zerg orange (darker) is orange when the unit is full health. (I was just working on that stuff :)

None.

Jan 31 2009, 6:34 pm thunderaga Post #10

I'll just copy the image and make the wireframe area bigger. then paste the image and draw out the wireframe. for the zerg, i use gimp because of the colour selector.

and don't say "well why didn't you do that before and not post this topic" well i found out that one of my pallets I've used the colours were changed, so I've downloaded the PalPack and used them instead

None.

Feb 1 2009, 4:03 am poiuy_qwert Post #11

Quote from RoryFenrir
The wire frame colors arent exactly the same for all races (...)
I was talking about each race uses the same colors (index's) in the palette, not the colors they become in game.

Options
  Back to forum