Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Production > Topic: A map called Wonder
A map called Wonder
Jan 29 2009, 7:44 am
By: qPirateKing
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 6 >

Mar 11 2009, 12:10 am samsizzle Post #61

Well, this is some serious competition. Why didnt you finish deep blue rpg though? It was really great.

None.

Mar 15 2009, 3:59 pm Forsaken Post #62

Looking forward too it.

I'll see if I can track you down on AIM again q. :)

None.

Mar 15 2009, 10:16 pm ETEFT(U) Post #63

Wow, this map looks amazing. qPirateKing, I know you will make this work. This is probably the map for the Last Stand RPG. Good luck... :lol:

None.

Mar 22 2009, 3:54 am samsizzle Post #64

what if they patch EUD's and your map is screwed?

None.

Mar 22 2009, 4:03 am Vi3t-X Post #65

Single Player.

None.

Mar 22 2009, 12:52 pm ForTheSwarm Post #66

Quote from samsizzle
what if they patch EUD's and your map is screwed?

Then you use the non-EUD way of attacking and defending? He said he'd put in both EUD and non-EUD methods of gameplay. :rolleyes:

None.

Mar 22 2009, 4:26 pm qPirateKing Post #67

Hey there, everyone. I have to admit that I haven't made much progress in the past few weeks. I'm planning on revamping some of my systems because right now my triggers are something of a mess. For example, the current method of detecting the death of zerg eggs involves constantly moving a unit to the location of an egg and checking to see if the unit has been moved. Essentially, it's like burrow detection except with an egg. This requires something like 3 triggers for every single egg (I'm using them as switches), and it's getting a little messy. I'm also going to have to redesign the way acquiring items work.

Basically, it's slow going and kind of a chore, but at least it means that I haven't hit a wall where I have no idea what to do. This has happened before, and, when it does, the map is dead.

None.

Mar 22 2009, 5:57 pm Kaias Post #68

Quote from qPirateKing
For example, the current method of detecting the death of zerg eggs involves constantly moving a unit to the location of an egg and checking to see if the unit has been moved. Essentially, it's like burrow detection except with an egg. This requires something like 3 triggers for every single egg (I'm using them as switches), and it's getting a little messy.

Instead of describing what I would do I decided to have more fun and make a concept map (2 player!) of what, in my opinion, is a better and less lag inducing way of doing it.

Attachments:
Frogblast the Ventcore.scx
Hits: 19 Size: 751.19kb

None.

Mar 22 2009, 10:01 pm qPirateKing Post #69

Oh, don't worry; I have a solution already. It's not too different from yours conceptually, but it's more tailored to my map.

EDIT: nevermind. We all make mistakes :P

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 22 2009, 10:18 pm by qPirateKing.

None.

Mar 23 2009, 2:44 am Pigy_G Post #70

Don't give up pirate! I love puzzle maps and I know if you stick with it this one will be awesome! I'm always available for feedback/testing/encouragement if you need it.

None.

Mar 23 2009, 11:45 pm samsizzle Post #71

did you hit a wall in deep blue rpg and stop making it? because that wouldve been amazing also.

None.

Mar 23 2009, 11:45 pm samsizzle Post #72

did you hit a wall in deep blue rpg and stop making it? because that map wouldve been amazing also.

EDIT : Sorry about the double post, i dont know why it did that.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 25 2009, 1:25 am by samsizzle.

None.

Jun 2 2009, 10:38 pm Dungeon-Master Post #73

I notice it's been a long time since nyone has post in this thread and I really would like this map to be finished, it is going to be really fun and realistic.

Could you make an article in the wiki that shows the triggers to make the system? I could maybe use it, if you agree..

None.

Jun 2 2009, 10:40 pm Morphling Post #74

Quote from Dungeon-Master
I notice it's been a long time since nyone has post in this thread and I really would like this map to be finished, it is going to be really fun and realistic.

Could you make an article in the wiki that shows the triggers to make the system? I could maybe use it, if you agree..
What system?

None.

Jun 2 2009, 10:53 pm Dungeon-Master Post #75

If you read the first page and download the map, he made a system making your zealot with negative Shielding, making it invinsible when attacked, you unburrow a zergling to use your shield or sword, when your shield is out, you cannot attack or take dammage, when you take out your sword, you unally the enemy and your shield gets back to 0, so you can take dammage.

It seems that with negative shield, when you get attacked, your shield continually goes down, not reaching zero therefore not wearing off, so you can be attacked but without getting dammaged.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jun 2 2009, 10:56 pm by Dungeon-Master. Reason: Some stupid

None.

Jul 21 2009, 11:42 pm Kaias Post #76

I could use a Developer diary entry about now.

None.

Jul 31 2009, 1:30 am Demented Shaman Post #77

Quote from Kaias
I could use a Developer diary entry about now.
I demand an entry too. And don't forget that I'm testing your next version.

None.

Aug 16 2009, 1:25 am qPirateKing Post #78

Hi! Where you guys been this whole time?

Oh... you mean it was me who mysteriously vanished without warning?

Right. Anyway, I humbly apologise for have abandoned you all yet again. But, I am here to explain a few things and to make a request.

In a nutshell, here's the problem: I've been busy. A cross-country relocation for graduate school has been finalised and will be taking place within the month. And uh, pro SC takes a lot of time to keep track of. On top of that, I'm pretty dry creatively. I can't sit down and plan out what the map needs. Like I've been trying to come up with a boss for a dungeon, and nothing I can come up with feels like it's good enough.

I want to finish the map though. I think I've got a pretty good start, and I'd hate to see it go to waste. So, I propose a partnership! If anyone is willing and able to sit down and plan out the map with me, that would be awesome. I actually don't mind doing terrain, triggering, etc. The problem is that I can't really do that if I don't have any direction.

If you are willing to put a lot of thought into a project, let me know. You'll get your name in the credits any everything. I'll also be giving you access to the map in its current working state. Remember though, it's going to take more than a half-hearted effort on your part. I have enough of that already.

None.

Aug 16 2009, 5:01 am Vrael Post #79

What I propose, is that all of us in the rpg-contest form a simple partnership with everyone. You might not even need a real 'partner', but rather someone to talk to, bounce ideas off of, ect. I know on my own rpg, I frequently chat with kaias and lethal, and even just talking to e(x)ile the other day (who wasn't until recently a mapper?) provides valuable information. I can't be your 'partner' since I'm making my own rpg, but if you ever need someone to talk to about planning and stuff, I'd be glad to help.

None.

Aug 17 2009, 7:14 am darksnow Post #80

well you could always try bouncing ideas off me, i've played many types of rpgs and can give insight ^^

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 6 >
  Back to forum