Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Assistance > Topic: Changing possition with lo files.
Changing possition with lo files.
Jan 24 2009, 8:33 pm
By: RoryFenrir  

Jan 24 2009, 8:33 pm RoryFenrir Post #1

Alright, this shouldnt be too hard but i dont have much knowlage about this stuff.

I made a new grp, and i dont want to make a custom grp for the engines because the scout engines fit pretty well. I want to ofset the engine overlay a bit, i could modify the actuall grp but i beleive you can use an lo file to do this. (i know how to edit lo files) Im using a protoss shuttle, but it is using dropship for graphics so its using the dropship iscript. Can i give the shuttle an lo for engines? is there iscript stuff i need to do? or is it just datedit.

Thanks, if its a problem that the shuttle is using dropship iscrpit i can change that easily enough.

None.

Jan 24 2009, 8:35 pm Symmetry Post #2

Dungeon Master

You can change the position of it in iscript, I believe. The numbers in the imgol/imgul define its x/y coordinates. I remember doing it for the Valkyrie's alternate engine glow.

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Jan 24 2009, 8:39 pm RoryFenrir Post #3

i know you can change the possition in iscript, but that sets the possition for all the images, so if you move it 5 up, it will do that for all the frames and thats not what i want. MY question is how to use a lo file to offset.

None.

Jan 24 2009, 10:08 pm ForTheSwarm Post #4

Use PyLO or LoEdit to modify .lo? files. Or you can go to images.dat and change special overlays placement to the one for dropships.

None.

Jan 25 2009, 1:32 am Symmetry Post #5

Dungeon Master

Oh, I misinterpreted your question. As I pointed out over here, and as FTS so aptly pointed out, you can change the .lo? file a unit uses in images.dat.

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Jan 25 2009, 3:18 am RoryFenrir Post #6

okay so i changed the lo to be phoenix.lol in images, but is this all i need to do? It doesnt do anything...
I tried changing the imgol to imgoluselo but it crashed.

None.

Options
  Back to forum