Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Characters for an AoS
Characters for an AoS
Jan 22 2009, 5:09 pm
By: Biophysicist
Pages: < 1 2 3 >

Jan 23 2009, 7:18 pm UnholyUrine Post #21

Skeleton Hawk/Archer (or a better name with Skeleton)
Unit: Mutalisk
Niche: Versatile striker, can move in and out with quick speed, and can build defenses/summon units. (Think Archer from TS)... But has below avg HP, and attack

1. Bone Arrows - Spawns hydras/mutas that attacks for 1-2 shots... Spawn more per level/more time to attack per level
2. Raise Dead - Summon hydras.. summon more/ more HP per level
3. Soul absorb OR Bone for Bone- Destroys spawns for HP OR .. destroys own summoned hydras for HP.. More HP/More spawns killed for Hp per level
4. Emblem (or monument or totem or obelisk or etc.) of the Undead - Summon drone(s) to build sunkens.. more drones per level

lol, this is soo similar to TS's archer... but cooler since it's an air unit.. :).. I don't mind u using this idea... actually it's my fault that I can't come up with smth better for mutalisk... (since the Bio bomber took sm of my initial ideas)

You may also take my original "Ussopp/long range spell" idea
Name = ?
Unit: Ghost preferably
Niche: Ranged Spell caster, with good damage, below avg HP. Can confuse foes

1. Flare shot - Spawn a scourge (or another fast moving air unit, maybe observer) which can be moved around for scouting. Create and kill some observers or other units to make it look like a flare gun. Final explosion can stun people if u wish.. Or explode on contact and stun. Longer time(stun/scout) per level
2. Phenoix shot - Spawn a scourge (or another fast moving air unit) which can be moved around. Upon contact enemy heroes, It will spawn 8 Spidermines/Firebats on that hero
3. Decoys- Spawns sm hallus.. More per level. (this is good since your spells are long ranged. When they come to get you for shooting at them from afar, they won't be able to find who you are right away)
4. Snipe - Exchange the ghost with a higher attack ghost.. move him in and change its energy to 0, so it decloaks, and allows player to aim the shot... More level = longer time for the ghost to snipe? (:hurr: i ran outta ideas for this one)..

annnd i don't mind u copying sm TS stuffs.. :) tho it WOULD be copying >:C... so as long as u give credit, it's fine =)

None.

Jan 23 2009, 7:35 pm Biophysicist Post #22

I don't like the Mutalisk that much because I'd have to re-use the Zerg spawn units for the summoning spells... Maybe I'll be able to find different units, though. (Maybe a Carrier instead of Hydras and Ghosts/Dragoons instead of Hydras? idk) Also, how would I do that "bone for bone" thing? Medics don't work on air units, and that's the only way to do a healing spell like that...

I like your second idea much more, though.

EDIT: Maybe I could make it a Queen? Then I could use the hero Muta for the arrows with no problem. Of course, then it would need to use a spell to attack, which I'm not sure you wanted...

None.

Jan 23 2009, 7:41 pm Pigy_G Post #23

I think it should be completely different from TS, so we actually have something new to use.

Name: Wyvern.
Unit: Mutalisk.
Stats. High damage, Low armor, Low HP.

SpitFire

Creates 5 Zerg Guardians at the mutalisk for one shot each.

Divebomb

Any hero under the mutalisk is temporairly stunned/Lose's mana.

Corrosive Acid

Creates two devourers, then removes them, then creates them. Repeat 5 Times.

Acid Rain

Five waves of 5 zerg guardians and 2 Devourers. Finishs with a high damage scourge. (Possibly blind anyone hit by scourge, Like the acid hit their eyes)

Side Note. You could also implement something like if the player morphs to a guardian or a devourer something happens, Maybe summon another wyvern, A guardian or Devourer.

None.

Jan 23 2009, 7:56 pm Biophysicist Post #24

Er. I've already said I don't want to re-use units if I can avoid it... Also, if a Devourer dies/moves after attacking but before the attack hits, for some strange reason, the attack disappears as well, so create-remove doesn't work with Devourers.

I could try using Corsairs instead of Devourers. I'm already using them for one of Ikerrigan's spells, but at least then I'm not re-using a hero unit... Damn, I'm running out of units already?

Anyway, I might be adding some more heroes soon, stay tuned.

None.

Jan 23 2009, 8:01 pm Pigy_G Post #25

But then it lacks air upgrades. Maybe just create a wave of 5 devourers then?

re-use units

What's reused? In spells?

None.

Jan 23 2009, 8:05 pm Biophysicist Post #26

But then it lacks air upgrades. Maybe just create a wave of 5 devourers then?
It would hardly be the first time a hero's upgrades don't affect it's summoned units. :P

What's reused? In spells?
Devourers. There's a Devourer character.

None.

Jan 23 2009, 8:14 pm Pigy_G Post #27

You could replace devoureres with like explosive acid, infested terran/scourge.

None.

Jan 23 2009, 8:29 pm Biophysicist Post #28

... I suggested using a sair... How's using a Scourge better?

None.

Jan 23 2009, 9:09 pm UnholyUrine Post #29

U can do what I did with Food for thought for summoner...

3 zlings = heal 10 percent.. 6 zlings = heal 25 percent... 9 zlings heal 50 percent.. etc. etc... it's set to sm percent yeah.

You could also use guardians... Using a queen would be okay too but it doesn't fit "skeleton" too well. But it would be okay, since u could build defenses, summons, and have an attacking spell. Actually, it'd be rather interesting. I think it's completely doable.

None.

Jan 23 2009, 9:12 pm Biophysicist Post #30

I see... But what if he's a noob and uses it when he has more HP than he would be "healed" to and loses HP instead? That's what I'm worried about.

None.

Jan 23 2009, 9:14 pm UnholyUrine Post #31

They'll learn that O.o...

EDIT: please look at edit at the post above
EDIT: I suggest you play sm Temple Siege and see how spells work out :O.. you've got a lot of Invincibility spells. They MUST have some spell effects so the other people will know and not use a+click on enemy.. which'd make them walk to it but not attack... Also, invincibility would counter all spells... so you must give a spell effect.

None.

Jan 23 2009, 9:15 pm Biophysicist Post #32

I just don't like spells like that... Also, how should he decide how many hydralisks to "eat"?

None.

Jan 23 2009, 9:19 pm UnholyUrine Post #33

in TS.. if u have 9-12.. then u eat nine.. if u only have 6-8.. u eat 6.. if u have 3-5.. u eat 3.. :S.. basically if u have more.. then u eat more..

also, they have to be close to the hero.. soo if u have 12 but u only wanna eat 3.. u can basically move the zlings away and have 3 next to ur defiler and cast the spell.. healing to 10 % (actually it's not 10% but w/e)

None.

Jan 23 2009, 9:23 pm Biophysicist Post #34

I thought it was something like that. Darn. I don't like this spell... I'll try to find a replacement spell.

And btw, thanks to everyone who's helped.

None.

Jan 23 2009, 10:04 pm ForTheSwarm Post #35

A Dark Templar would fit as a Specter if you can't use Tassadar/Aldaris.

None.

Jan 23 2009, 11:21 pm Biophysicist Post #36

EDIT: I suggest you play sm Temple Siege and see how spells work out :O .. you've got a lot of Invincibility spells. They MUST have some spell effects so the other people will know and not use a+click on enemy.. which'd make them walk to it but not attack... Also, invincibility would counter all spells... so you must give a spell effect.
Woah, you're right, there's too many invuln spells... Crap... I'll need to replace most of those...

A Dark Templar would fit as a Specter if you can't use Tassadar/Aldaris.
Not really... Temporal Templar has a spell that sets the enemy ComSat to 0 energy, which basically turns him invisible for a while. If there was another DT, then that spell would also cause the other DT to turn invisible, too. :ermm:

None.

Jan 23 2009, 11:28 pm ForTheSwarm Post #37

Quote from name:TassadarZeratul
Not really... Temporal Templar has a spell that sets the enemy ComSat to 0 energy, which basically turns him invisible for a while. If there was another DT, then that spell would also cause the other DT to turn invisible, too. :ermm:

You're so picky. :-(

As a last resort, I choose... Arbiter!

None.

Jan 23 2009, 11:38 pm Biophysicist Post #38

As a last resort, I choose... Arbiter!
No. o.o Arbiters are a mega no-no in this map. They make stuff go cloaky.

Anyway, I've decided to go ahead with Unholy's Skeleton thing, but changed to a Queen. I'm also re-naming it and its spells because necromancy doesn't make exist in the SC universe. :ermm:

None.

Jan 23 2009, 11:45 pm l)ark_ssj9kevin Post #39

Just here for the activity... well not really

Does the hero have any other units if they're not a summoner?

guy lifting weight (animated smiley):

O-IC
OI-C

"Oh, I see it"

Jan 23 2009, 11:48 pm Biophysicist Post #40

I don't understand...

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 >
  Back to forum