Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Production > Topic: "City of the Dead" Zombie Project
"City of the Dead" Zombie Project
Sep 23 2007, 6:32 pm
By: JaFF
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4

Jun 13 2008, 3:24 pm Paravin. Post #61

Jaff, I added you in Skype. Awaiting further cookies.

None.

Jun 14 2008, 5:43 am LoveLess Post #62

Let me show you how to hump without making love.

Quote from name:Dark_Marine
stuck up little besh
I think devilesk just sneezed or something.

None.

Jun 14 2008, 1:33 pm JaFF Post #63

Quote from Paravin.
Jaff, I added you in Skype. Awaiting further cookies.
Are you even online in Skype at all? I just got your contact info and never saw you again.

None.

Jun 14 2008, 1:39 pm JaFF Post #64

Quote from name:Dark_Marine
Jaff I did read it...it was completely empty O.o
What are you talking about? All the help & info category is functional - there is information on that your abilities stand for, what each item does, what level of intelligence is required to use each item with what effectiveness level, etc...

None.

Jun 14 2008, 6:53 pm Paravin. Post #65

Yes, I am online. When I remember to log on. :unsure:

None.

Jun 14 2008, 8:41 pm Riney Post #66

Thigh high affectionado

My bad, I was thinking about the Storyline area ;o

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Jun 19 2008, 8:28 pm fritfrat Post #67

I have decided to work with Jaff to ensure the completion of this map, doing the majority of the triggering for the missions/gameplay based on what he did for the systems that they will involve. However, terraining is definitely not my forte; the next thing we need to have done is just the terrain layout for the city. Anyone want to build a badlands, defensively-built city for use in this map? Or, do you have one we could use that is sitting in an uncompleted map that will never see the light of day? If so, please contact me or Jaff for inclusion in this project with all due credit.

None.

Jun 20 2008, 9:02 am JaFF Post #68

I'd like to add that though the map is 256x256, the terrain in it should be relatively simple. Don't be afraid of the map size, because the amount of work isn't that big.

None.

Jun 20 2008, 10:36 am Zergblender Post #69

I told you that I'd rather first do terrains for bioject untill our rpg is done, but if you insist on it so badly, I won't make any promises, but I'll try making something nice starting from the center and expending to fill the map.

None.

Jun 20 2008, 11:42 am JaFF Post #70

Gracias. :) It would be wonderful if you could make something for us. We don't need really complex stuff... functionality is what matters.

Information: A defensive city is when there are possible places for blockades (just like in RE: Raccoon City), and the defenders have the ability to retreat closer tot he center. There are a few main roads with smaller roads "rooting" from them, which allows to first defend the smaller ones, then reathreat obigger ones, and then finally retreat to the main ones (that's the way I see it. Maybe fritfrat has someting to add).

None.

Jun 21 2008, 4:15 pm temhawk Post #71

What'sup JaFF.

I can't wait for you to release that map, please email me as soon as it's ready. I adore spooky maps, and you are definitely one of the best map-makers out there to make them (I love "The Thing: Deadly Trust" :D ). Y'get my email from my profile!

Thanx!!

PS: If you know a place where I can download other spooky maps, please tell me. I want all the creepy maps with creepy sounds and nice design in the world for StarCraft!!!!! :D

None.

Jun 22 2008, 12:22 am fritfrat Post #72

Don't limit him by saying "a few main roads and smaller ones rooting from them," even though that encompasses the idea. Just say the idea :) As for the defensive part of the game, we just want there to be different parts of the city that people want to protect and/or give up based on how much effort is required to defend its associated function. So, if you back up to a place easier to defend (done with less chokes in Jaff's example), the town loses some type of function. Not a very original idea, I know, but it adds a lot of fun and strategy to it imo :)

Honestly, I'm sure whatever you make will be awesome. Thanks in advance.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4
  Back to forum