Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Theory and Ideas > Topic: Waypoint casting system
Waypoint casting system
Jan 10 2009, 3:48 am
By: Lethal_Illusion
Pages: < 1 2 3

Mar 17 2009, 7:56 am Kaias Post #41

Quote from Pyro682
U guys know that this works with a simple Double-Right Click, Right??? I've been using this system for a while now, and In the map, it has some 'structions (instructions) to tell you to double click.
Lol, I thought everyone on SEN knew about this concept... heh...
You don't REALLY need shift... It makes it cumbersome and Tedious.
Double Right clicking is the obvious counterpart which isn't new at all; the concept of detecting a shift click through the difference of motion in two units (one with a predestined order) and then moving up the queue by canceling the order with the move action- setting it on the path it's supposed to go- is what the concept is about.

And I disagree, double right clicking is far more cumbersome and more clumsy than a single shift click.

None.

Mar 17 2009, 6:33 pm Pyro682 Post #42

Well, you're entitled to your opinion. I see that a Hotkey select (If wraiths are 2) and then a double right click would be far easier for a quick firing of a projectile.'

From 2 - Double Right click
or 2 - Shift - Right click

The left hand slows you down.

None.

Mar 17 2009, 6:52 pm JaFF Post #43

Quote from Pyro682
Not if you hold it on the keyboard, which many people do for quick group selection anyway.

None.

Mar 17 2009, 9:20 pm Pigy_G Post #44

you could make a hotkey-noob proof system. It prompts them, asks them to hotkey a unit before lights get shutoff then move it around. If they fail to hotkey then they have to watch a tutorial.

Or you could combine EUD selection detection of a unit and KEy presse's and detect if a player has unit X selected and key's CTRL + Y pressed.

None.

Mar 17 2009, 11:39 pm Scienthsine Post #45

Quote from Pyro682
Well, you're entitled to your opinion. I see that a Hotkey select (If wraiths are 2) and then a double right click would be far easier for a quick firing of a projectile.'

From 2 - Double Right click
or 2 - Shift - Right click

Seriously? That's like saying that movement in a fps slows your firing rate... :P

I have however went with a double right click method instead. I personally like the shift-click, but couldn't find an easy way of setting it up for players. I did also notice that while using the shift click method I would hold the key down too often, like when commanding my hero unit to move... ahhh multi-tasking....

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3
  Back to forum