Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Contests > Topic: 2009 Last Stand RPG Challenge
2009 Last Stand RPG Challenge
Jan 1 2009, 12:00 am
By: Kaias
Pages: < 1 « 14 15 16 17 1825 >

May 15 2009, 3:27 am Vrael Post #301

So how far are people in the contest with their submission projects? Can anyone beat me? I think I'm ~20%. I feel like I'm the only one still working on this, with perhaps the exception of Kaias/Lethal, but there's like, no hype for this anymore. With all the listings on the front page I'd have figured I'd see at least 1 or 2 or maybe even 3 people hanging around talking about/working on their rpg every night in op SEN, but I haven't seen many, and the map productions forum isn't really filled with RPG topics anymore.

None.

May 15 2009, 3:44 am A_of-s_t Post #302

aka idmontie

I am working on an RPG entitiled: Semilunar Force Equal to the Force That Imparts an Acceleration of One cm/sec/sec to a Mass of One Gram.

First one to get the joke wins.

Personal GitHub
Starcraft GitHub Organization - Feel free to request member status!
TwitchTV

May 15 2009, 4:28 am Kaias Post #303

Crescent Dyne

None.

May 15 2009, 5:22 am samsizzle Post #304

YEAH RIGHT! that got me excited for a couple seconds. Just hearing the words crescent and dyne.
Anyways im at about 23% on everything with my map from terrain to custom unit names to story line. All items have been figured out. Im actually going for something like crescent dyne, I might even not be able to finish it in time im not sure, but i'll try.

None.

May 15 2009, 10:05 am Chubacca Post #305

I have a partner in my map now.
ws-shadowblade

None.

May 15 2009, 8:12 pm xYoshix Post #306

I'm like...5% through my map. No hype in my map caused me to get bored with it :ermm:
I really should start working on it...

None.

May 17 2009, 11:38 pm scwizard Post #307

The chance of me submitting a map for this is no longer 0% :D

Seriously though, SCMDraft now supporting EUDs, as well as having recently played spellsword RPG, inspired me.

None.

May 18 2009, 1:21 am payne Post #308

:payne:

Btw, is there an official new version of SCMDraft?
When I check for updates, it gives me nothing though I know there's something out there :O

EDIT: Oh yeah, btw, EPIC NEWS: no more D2 project for Payne :O
I'll work on something similar but different (xD) so it gives me more customability ^^
Though, don't care, with the triggers done in this, I should be able to transfer them in D2 and modify only some things to have this project finally finished :)

Oh! And just wondering: why making is the image of "The Last Stand RPG Challenge" separated in two parts? XD

None.

May 18 2009, 3:52 am scwizard Post #309

Well, there's a SCMDraft topic in UMS assistance, it it says the most recent version is from april, and that it has EUD support.

This is my first time checking the site in a while, so I didn't hear about this sooner.

None.

May 18 2009, 12:22 pm Echo Post #310

I got back into planning my RPG. So far my storyline is at 20%. I'm also going to change my title, but I don't know what to change it yet, so just leave it until I update.

Anyone who is good at space city, badlands city terraining and wants to help do the terrain in my map contact me. I'm going to probably need help around late June after I make a rough terrain.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 18 2009, 12:31 pm by Bill Clinton.

None.

May 18 2009, 9:27 pm DevliN Post #311

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Quote from Vrael
So how far are people in the contest with their submission projects? Can anyone beat me? I think I'm ~20%. I feel like I'm the only one still working on this, with perhaps the exception of Kaias/Lethal, but there's like, no hype for this anymore. With all the listings on the front page I'd have figured I'd see at least 1 or 2 or maybe even 3 people hanging around talking about/working on their rpg every night in op SEN, but I haven't seen many, and the map productions forum isn't really filled with RPG topics anymore.
I've been working on mine. I don't think I'll win, but I will submit something.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

May 19 2009, 9:40 pm Kaias Post #312

Quote from Vrael
I can't give an accurate estimate on how many people are going through with their maps; I know quite a few that plan to begin during Summer, or at least do the bulk of it then (which summer begins about now). It'd be nice to see more activity.

Quote from samsizzle
Anyways im at about 23% on everything with my map from terrain to custom unit names to story line. All items have been figured out. Im actually going for something like crescent dyne, I might even not be able to finish it in time im not sure, but i'll try.
It's good to hear that you're making progress, the challenge is to finish by the end of the year but a complete work is much better for everyone than a late one.

Quote from Chubacca
I have a partner in my map now.
ws-shadowblade
Added

Quote from xYoshix
I'm like...5% through my map. No hype in my map caused me to get bored with it :ermm:
I really should start working on it...
Usually when I have a block I try to come up with a small quick map based on a single idea and it usually helps me come up with new ideas

Quote from scwizard
The chance of me submitting a map for this is no longer 0% :D
Awesome, you really should join. People should also take note that Mod augmented maps are acceptable now as well (and note that the rpg element of the game is what it should be rated by)

Quote from name:Bill Clinton
I got back into planning my RPG. So far my storyline is at 20%. I'm also going to change my title, but I don't know what to change it yet, so just leave it until I update.
Just tell me when you come up with it

None.

May 19 2009, 10:35 pm Esponeo Post #313

Kenoli and I are in the process of creating a 2-player RPG that has no combat whatsoever. The second player dies in the first thirty seconds and becomes a ghost that cannot interact with anything, and is tethered to the first player for the entire duration.

None.

May 20 2009, 12:10 am Dungeon-Master Post #314

My map, The Journey of alexander, had some problems and wasn't suited to my liking. So I am 0% there right now... but I will finish it before the dead line.

None.

May 20 2009, 12:37 pm DevliN Post #315

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Quote from Esponeo
Kenoli and I are in the process of creating a 2-player RPG that has no combat whatsoever. The second player dies in the first thirty seconds and becomes a ghost that cannot interact with anything, and is tethered to the first player for the entire duration.
I'm for it!

Finally named mine: Fate

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

May 20 2009, 9:56 pm UnholyUrine Post #316

*sigh*... I really want to join... but I seriously doubt i can compete with such stiff competition..

On a side note, my next project would be to release the unfinished Tainted Factory (rpg).. as I will not embark on finishing it..
MAAYBE ... If i'm motivated enough.. I will finish it..
maybe.. :(

None.

May 20 2009, 9:57 pm Vrael Post #317

Quote from UnholyUrine
*sigh*... I really want to join... but I seriously doubt i can compete with such stiff competition.. On a side note, my next project would be to release the unfinished Tainted Factory (rpg).. as I will not embark on finishing it.. MAAYBE ... If i'm motivated enough.. I will finish it.. maybe.. :(
The point isn't to win the competition, the point is to make a quality rpg. So get working.

None.

May 21 2009, 12:18 am xYoshix Post #318

Quote from UnholyUrine
*sigh*... I really want to join... but I seriously doubt i can compete with such stiff competition..

On a side note, my next project would be to release the unfinished Tainted Factory (rpg).. as I will not embark on finishing it..
MAAYBE ... If i'm motivated enough.. I will finish it..
maybe.. :(
DO ITTT! That game would be awesome if it were finished :)

None.

May 21 2009, 9:53 am Chubacca Post #319

yeah, anybody who makes a good rpg has all my respect

it requires motivation the whole way through, which is hard to come by lol

None.

May 22 2009, 2:26 am scwizard Post #320

Quote from Kaias
Awesome, you really should join. People should also take note that Mod augmented maps are acceptable now as well (and note that the rpg element of the game is what it should be rated by)
That sounds really cool, but the RPG I'm currently planning uses neither modding nor EUDs.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 14 15 16 17 1825 >
  Back to forum