Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: Immunity Challenge #6
Immunity Challenge #6
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Dec 30 2008, 2:53 am
By: Doodan  

Dec 30 2008, 9:52 pm KrayZee Post #21

Claudia Jung?
Dana Rosemary Scallon?
Åse Kleveland?

None.

Dec 30 2008, 9:54 pm NudeRaider Post #22

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Quote from Centreri
Crap, both Dapper and Nude are on the other team. Doodan, you are the ultimate imbalancer.
a) I'm totally NOT interested in politics, and also not in 60s music
b) The teams were randomly determined

I'm just spending some time searching. If you don't do that then Doodan is not to be held responsible.

Dec 30 2008, 9:56 pm Centreri Post #23

Relatively ancient and inactive

a) I'm totally NOT interested in politics, and also not in 60s music
I don't think anyone anywhere is interested in signapore politics, or wherever this women's a politician. This is a googling contest, and you have the most zeal for it.

I've already searched, but looking at biographies, no one fits :(. Image search, regular search, etc. Doodan, next challenge throw in something my forte.

None.

Dec 30 2008, 10:01 pm Dapperdan Post #24

1960's musicians that have a first song that involves the color blue and later turned into politicians is NOT a jeopardy category I would enjoy. Trust me. This is no one's forte. The only 'forte' at stake is googling.

None.

Dec 30 2008, 10:04 pm KrayZee Post #25

Ilona Staller?
Nijolė Ambrazaitytė?
Michael Jackson?
Melina Mercouri?
Terri Nunn?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Dec 30 2008, 10:10 pm by KrayZee.

None.

Dec 30 2008, 10:14 pm Dapperdan Post #26

I might as well just throw out some more names that I really really don't think it is. Can't hurt.

Joan Baez?
Claudine Longet?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Dec 30 2008, 10:36 pm by Dapperdan.

None.

Dec 30 2008, 10:35 pm Symmetry Post #27

Dungeon Master

This certainly is *trivia*. I've been hunting for a good hour now, and nothing :/

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Dec 30 2008, 10:37 pm Dapperdan Post #28

Quote from name:Killer_Kow
This certainly is *trivia*. I've been hunting for a good hour now, and nothing :/

Yeah I've wasted a lot of time on this today. This is a thousand times harder than the other 'trivia' we had that took me and nude no time to get.

None.

Dec 30 2008, 11:01 pm KrayZee Post #29

Quote from Dapperdan
Quote from name:Killer_Kow

Yeah I've wasted a lot of time on this today. This is a thousand times harder than the other 'trivia' we had that took me and nude no time to get.
Maybe Doodan expected one of us had lived the 60s. :bleh:

None.

Dec 30 2008, 11:11 pm Doodan Post #30

Quote from Centreri
Crap, both Dapper and Nude are on the other team. Doodan, you are the ultimate imbalancer.
Like I said, blame atmospheric noise. The teams were decided randomly.
Quote from Dapperdan
Quote from KrayZee
She doesn't look like an American politician. o_O

Who said she had to be american?
Hint: She's not American.
Quote from KrayZee
Maybe Doodan expected one of us had lived the 60s before. :bleh:
lol, nah. I just figured there would be a few people here with decent familiarity with the 60s. I guess I'm the only one. >.>

There's only about 4 hours left. Another hint: Her first hit song was sung in French. It was remade as an instrumental in the U.S. a year later and was a hit here in 1968. It's been covered several times, actually, and was in the movie Pineapple Express.

No more hints.

None.

Dec 30 2008, 11:22 pm Dapperdan Post #31

Quote from Doodan
Her first hit song was sung in French. It was remade as an instrumental in the U.S. a year later and was a hit here in 1968. It's been covered several times, actually, and was in the movie Pineapple Express.

No more hints.

Claudine Longet seems to meet almost all of these random requirements. And this is really starting to piss me off. Thanks Doodan.

--> Vicky Leandros <--
OWNED

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Dec 30 2008, 11:27 pm by Dapperdan.

None.

Dec 30 2008, 11:35 pm FlyingHat Post #32

Dapper got it. :flamer:

None.

Dec 30 2008, 11:48 pm NudeRaider Post #33

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Good Job. I already gave up. How did you find her?

Dec 30 2008, 11:55 pm Dapperdan Post #34

"blue 1968 american remake song" into google

Click on wikipedia 'paul mauriat'. You'll notice that he's famous for a remake of Andre Popp's "Love is Blue". The Andre Popp link leads to nowhere, so you go to "Love is Blue". It directs you to "L'amour est bleu", and it notes that it was first performed by Vicky Leandros in 1967. I never found anything about her being a politician, so I was unsure. But then I checked her name on google images and voila it's right there.

None.

Dec 30 2008, 11:59 pm Centreri Post #35

Relatively ancient and inactive

Like I said, blame atmospheric noise. The teams were decided randomly.
Not an excuse, since you're the one who decided they were to be decided randomly :flamer: .

This is going to hurt.

None.

Dec 31 2008, 12:09 am Doodan Post #36

Yeah, Dapper got it. Tribe A wins immunity. Congratulations!

I've always liked the instrumental version. I even used in a movie. I just didn't know it was that obscure. I actually sort of wish I hadn't mentioned Pineapple Express in my last hint. Oh well. Now for the poll.

>>Locked

None.

Options
  Back to forum