Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Transmissions > Display Message + Wait?
Transmissions > Display Message + Wait?
Sep 20 2007, 11:41 pm
By: Groovu  

Sep 20 2007, 11:41 pm Groovu Post #1

So yeah, I'm thinking Transmissions are better than Display message, but I don't know if Transmissions create wait blocks or not. So does anyone know?

None.

Sep 20 2007, 11:47 pm Akar Post #2

Note that this action has no effect on computer players, and it will prevent any other action (in the same trigger) from resuming until it has finished.

Copyright © 1997 Blizzard Entertainment. All Rights Reserved.
From that information, no it won't.

None.

Sep 20 2007, 11:54 pm Esponeo Post #3

EDIT:

Transmissions are a Wait, a Display Message, and a Show Unit Portrait all rolled into one. All of which can be used on their own.

None.

Sep 20 2007, 11:56 pm Moose Post #4

We live in a society.

No.... there's a Talking Portrait action. What you can't get any other way is the little circle that blinks around the unit.

Sep 21 2007, 12:50 am Kenoli Post #5

Transmissions are a Wait, a Display Message, and a Show Unit Portrait all rolled into one. All of which can be used on their own.
It also does a minimap ping on the highlighted unit.

PS. The wait time of the transmission action functions exactly the same as a normal wait action.
You can even make hyper triggers with transmissions.

None.

Sep 21 2007, 1:34 am The Starport Post #6

Oh, and they're the only action that makes a highlight circle on a given unit.

Yes they're a wait.

None.

Sep 21 2007, 1:39 am Demented Shaman Post #7

Quote from Akar
Note that this action has no effect on computer players, and it will prevent any other action (in the same trigger) from resuming until it has finished.

Copyright © 1997 Blizzard Entertainment. All Rights Reserved.
From that information, no it won't.
No, from that definition it says it will do the exact same thing a wait does.

None.

Sep 22 2007, 3:26 am Falkoner Post #8

If your Hyper Triggers or other wait triggers are below the trigger with the transmission, they should turn off while the transmission runs, or you could use Cross Player Hyper Triggers, which will turn off for the duration of the wait no matter where they are, a tutorial on how to use them is here:

http://Falkoner.CoW.GooglePages.com/Hyper_Triggers.html

None.

Sep 22 2007, 6:23 am Kenoli Post #9

If your Hyper Triggers or other wait triggers are below the trigger with the transmission, they should turn off while the transmission runs, or you could use Cross Player Hyper Triggers, which will turn off for the duration of the wait no matter where they are, a tutorial on how to use them is here:

http://Falkoner.CoW.GooglePages.com/Hyper_Triggers.html
What does that have to do with this topic? He has not said a single thing about hyper triggers.

None.

Sep 22 2007, 2:12 pm NudeRaider Post #10

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Quote from Groovu
So yeah, I'm thinking Transmissions are better than Display message, but I don't know if Transmissions create wait blocks or not. So does anyone know?

Simple answer: YES!

(Transmission uses the wait action, among others)

Sep 22 2007, 2:56 pm Falkoner Post #11

Yes, but them causing wait blocks may cause a problem, which is why I said:

or other wait triggers are below the trigger with the transmission

So I told him how to get by without wait blocks.

None.

Options
  Back to forum