Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: SEN Survivor
SEN Survivor
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Dec 18 2008, 1:26 am
By: Doodan  
Polls
Tribe A Elimination
Tribe A Elimination
Answer Votes Percentage % Voters
Nuderaider 0

0%
None.
Ahli 0

0%
None.
stickynote 0

0%
None.
Mayor 5

18%
None.
deathman101 7

25%
None.
madroc 2

8%
None.
Dark_Marine 3

11%
None.
JaFF 1

4%
None.
Krayzee 2

8%
None.
Dapperdan 8

29%
None.
Please login to vote.
Poll has 28 votes. You can vote for at most 1 option(s).
Tribe B Elimination
Tribe B Elimination
Answer Votes Percentage % Voters
Corbo 3

11%
None.
Darkling 1

4%
None.
Zycorax 0

0%
None.
Killer_Kow 0

0%
None.
Centreri 11

38%
None.
DeVouReR 7

25%
None.
l)ark_ssj9kevin 7

25%
None.
WoAHorde 0

0%
None.
FlyingHat 0

0%
None.
Please login to vote.
Poll has 29 votes. You can vote for at most 1 option(s).

Dec 18 2008, 9:30 pm NudeRaider Post #21

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

You can either add 2 to deathman, or remove one from dapper

Dec 18 2008, 9:42 pm Fisty Post #22

Yes, yes, kill me please. I am having serious interest issues.

None.

Dec 18 2008, 9:43 pm Lingie Post #23

You heard the man! Off him.

Lingie#3148 on Discord. Lingie, the Fox-Tailed on Steam.

Dec 18 2008, 10:02 pm JaFF Post #24

Quote from NudeRaider
You can either add 2 to deathman, or remove one from dapper
Then I add 2 to deathman.

None.

Dec 20 2008, 6:03 pm Doodan Post #25

Quote from NudeRaider
Quote from Doodan
Since no one posted a replay of a match between tribe members, BOTH tribes get a poll and BOTH tribes will lose a member at the end of the round. Don't forget your special voting. I've posted a link to the rules in case you need a refresher.

Link to Rules
I think there should be someone that decides what minigame will be played. Once that has been decided each group should be able to vote for their contestants.
In most rounds, a tribe does attain immunity. The selection of the next immunity challenge is up to the tribe that did not win immunity. When it comes to the very first round and the rounds that come after a situation where neither tribe won, the next challenge was determined by random.org. So far, I've avoided having a human being choose the next challenge because I didn't want there to be any grounds for accusations of bias. As to the voting, see below:

I could for example have grabbed Devourer with any map we wanted, played a 1v1 and posted the replay. But I don't think that would have been accepted by all other players.
All immunity challenges in every game so far have been won by a player that wanted to win, with or without their teammates' support. Trying to rally your entire tribe can be difficult at SEN (notice how it takes 4-5 days to begin the next "day" round of mafia, where only 5 or 6 players have to make a simple choice). If you can manage to get them together to vote on something, more power to you. But as I've said, they tend to be won by ambitious players.
What I want to say is, that there needs to be some mechanic that decides what's going to happen next. There were some ideas around but obviously if there's no rules or a referree it just ends in chaos. Or is this supposed to be part of the game? So that anyone can just grab an opponent and post a replay. What if 2 replays are posted? First come first serve?

Speaking for myself, I didn't know that I was supposed to do anything. I posted my opinion, I offered to play and waited for a decision.
This is a tooth n' nail game. If you have a chance to play a (balanced) game with an opposing tribe member, you should just go for it. Replays are first come, first serve. I don't want to referee any games because I have no emotional stake in someone winning a challenge (seasons end faster when no one steps up to win a challenge, since we vote 2 people off per round instead of 1). I'm more interested in seeing what unfolds once I throw the challenge out there. You can either step forward and secure immunity for your tribe, or you can choose not to. Both play styles have worked for players in the past. It just depends on your set of circumstances.

P.S. This round will end this evening. I will randomly determine the next immunity challenge.

None.

Dec 20 2008, 6:05 pm Symmetry Post #26

Dungeon Master

And for the record, we couldn't have played Reindeer Breeding because of its randomization. It can't handle replays :P

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Dec 20 2008, 6:06 pm Doodan Post #27

Quote from name:Killer_Kow
And for the record, we couldn't have played Reindeer Breeding because of its randomization. It can't handle replays :P

^Also something to consider. Some UMS games don't work right in replays.

None.

Dec 20 2008, 7:19 pm KrayZee Post #28

Replays can be broken because 1. Replay missed to record clicks and 2. Computers still has an active AI in replays.

Though I'm positive that replays will work fine.

None.

Dec 20 2008, 11:15 pm Riney Post #29

Thigh high affectionado

I add 2 to deathman. DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Dec 21 2008, 1:54 am Doodan Post #30

Tribe A

Nuderaider - 0 ; (0) ; 0
Ahli - 0 ; (0) ; 0
stickynote - 0 ; (0) ; 0
Mayor - 5 ; (0) ; 5
deathman101 - 7 ; (+6) ; 13 <-- Eliminated
madroc - 2 ; (0) ; 2
Dark_Marine - 3 ; (0) ; 3
JaFF - 1; (0) ; 1
Krayzee - 2 ; (0) ; 2
Dapperdan - 8 ; (0) ; 8

Tribe B

Corbo - 3 ; (0) ; 3
Darkling - 1 ; (0) ; 1
Zycorax - 0 ; (0) ; 0
Killer_Kow - 0 ; (0) ; 0
Centreri - 11 ; (0) ; 11
DeVouReR - 7 ; (+2) ; 9
l)ark_ssj9kevin - 7 ; (+5) ; 12 <-- Eliminated
WoAHorde - 0 ; (0) ; 0
FlyingHat - 0 ; (0) ; 0

deathman and kevin have been eliminated! The next immunity challenge has randomly been determined to be an Audience Participation!

>>Locked

None.

Options
  Back to forum