Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Assistance > Topic: I need a palette file...
I need a palette file...
Dec 16 2008, 4:53 pm
By: Biophysicist  

Dec 16 2008, 4:53 pm Biophysicist Post #1

Whenever I try to use RetroGRP, it says I need a palette file, but I don't know where to find one... Can someone attach one, or tell me where to find one?

None.

Dec 16 2008, 4:53 pm Devourer Post #2

Hello

Quote from name:TassadarZeratul
Whenever I try to use RetroGRP, it says I need a palette file, but I don't know where to find one... Can someone attach one, or tell me where to find one?
more exactly... which button did you press?

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Dec 16 2008, 4:59 pm Biophysicist Post #3

Uhm... When I tried to open a .grp... Or a .bmp... Basically, whenever I try to load anything, it prompts me for a palette file, but I don't have one, so I can't open anything. I just need a palette file. It's that simple.

None.

Dec 16 2008, 5:15 pm Corbo Post #4

ALL PRAISE YOUR SUPREME LORD CORBO

Retro GRP should already come with the pallete files.
The proble should be that they're not loaded in your retro. There should be some sort of pallete button in the lower side of your retro grp window and just look up for the pallete within the Retro GRP folder.

If for some reason you don't have the palletes download the palpack by Farty or download it anyway even if you do have the palletes cause it's pretty useful.

If neither works then I suggest you changing to SFGRPConv or GRPEdit.

fuck you all

Dec 16 2008, 6:17 pm poiuy_qwert Post #5

PyMS and ProTRG developer

Why are people so adamant about keeping the oldest and buggiest GRP converter? No offense or anything, I just want to know.

Dec 16 2008, 6:40 pm Corbo Post #6

Quote from poiuy_qwert
Why are people so adamant about keeping the oldest and buggiest GRP converter? No offense or anything, I just want to know.
New people should use new converters.
Old Retro GRP is only for hardcore modders :P

fuck you all

Dec 16 2008, 7:13 pm poiuy_qwert Post #7

Pfft. I'd say only retards would use it. :P

Dec 16 2008, 7:36 pm Biophysicist Post #8

I was using it because it came with the modding pack I downloaded (I think it's Corbo's) and didn't know there was a better one. I'll get the palette pack Corbo suggested, and a newer converter. Thanks guys.

None.

Dec 16 2008, 8:05 pm Corbo Post #9

My modding package brings SFGRPConv.

fuck you all

Dec 16 2008, 8:07 pm Biophysicist Post #10

Not the version I got... The one I got also had the fail version of DatEdit that crashed when you tried to edit weapons and stuff.

I think you should delete that version from the database, assuming you can find it.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Dec 16 2008, 8:08 pm by TassadarZeratul. Reason: Because I wanted to.

None.

Dec 17 2008, 7:31 am Corbo Post #11

Quote from name:TassadarZeratul
Not the version I got... The one I got also had the fail version of DatEdit that crashed when you tried to edit weapons and stuff.

I think you should delete that version from the database, assuming you can find it.

I haven't never released two packages...
Hercanic even tried to make me update the one right now cause of the DatEdit fail thing but I didn't change it cause I'm a bitch like that.

fuck you all

Dec 18 2008, 2:28 am Hercanic Post #12

STF mod creator, Modcrafters.com admin, CampaignCreations.org staff

PyGRP is awesome.

Dec 18 2008, 3:01 am Biophysicist Post #13

I can't use the PyMS programs because I can't get Python to work.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Dec 18 2008, 3:02 am by TassadarZeratul. Reason: Memory FAIL.

None.

Dec 18 2008, 4:45 am poiuy_qwert Post #14

It has come in EXE form for windows users the last 2 versions. Just download and run them, no need for Python.

Options
  Back to forum