Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: Political Affairs
Political Affairs
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Dec 13 2008, 2:58 am
By: KrayZee
Pages: < 1 « 16 17 18 19 2021 >

Dec 15 2008, 1:39 am HailFire Post #341

Oh, by the way;

Since this is the very first run of the game, and KrayZee fails @ clear-cut rules, you all should probably consider this a sort of beta-test.

None.

Dec 15 2008, 1:41 am Centreri Post #342

Relatively ancient and inactive

I bet it's just because I'm winning. I desire some bonuses when the real thing comes around :(.

None.

Dec 15 2008, 1:42 am UnholyUrine Post #343

Err I dun't know what to do...
And where am I in the map.. I doubt i'm anywhere.. If I am somehwere i'll stick to there (unless i have been overthrown already)

If i'm not in the map.. I'll claim Iceland =D

None.

Dec 15 2008, 1:45 am Echo Post #344

Quote from UnholyUrine
Err I dun't know what to do...
And where am I in the map.. I doubt i'm anywhere.. If I am somehwere i'll stick to there (unless i have been overthrown already)

If i'm not in the map.. I'll claim Iceland =D
Claim any colored country that isn't taken. No gray areas or "For Rent". Then name your country and capital, and then make a description of your country. Use one of the existing ones as a template.

None.

Dec 15 2008, 1:46 am Centreri Post #345

Like my template. Page 11 ;).

None.

Dec 15 2008, 1:47 am Moose Post #346

We live in a society.

Quote from KrayZee
Your daily actions(turns), are determined by your country’s economy, ideology, status, and power. These factors will determine how many points you have to spend on actions. Racking up a huge debt will reduce your available points for instance, while a booming surplus will increase your available options.

Available Moves w/ Point Value: (Will Edit Later)
Primary Nations:
1. 5 Points
2. 5 Points
3. 5 Points
4. 5 Points

Support Nations:
5. 3 Points
6. 3 Points
7. 3 Points
8. 3 Points
9. 3 Points
10. 3 Points
I think you left the part about what this stuff means. What moves? What can you do with points?
It's no wonder this degenerated into roleplaying and bickering.

Dec 15 2008, 1:47 am Kaias Post #347

Removed

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Dec 15 2008, 10:55 pm by Kaias.

None.

Dec 15 2008, 1:51 am KrayZee Post #348

Quote from Mini Moose 2707
Quote from KrayZee
Your daily actions(turns), are determined by your country’s economy, ideology, status, and power. These factors will determine how many points you have to spend on actions. Racking up a huge debt will reduce your available points for instance, while a booming surplus will increase your available options.

Available Moves w/ Point Value: (Will Edit Later)
Primary Nations:
1. 5 Points
2. 5 Points
3. 5 Points
4. 5 Points

Support Nations:
5. 3 Points
6. 3 Points
7. 3 Points
8. 3 Points
9. 3 Points
10. 3 Points
I think you left the part about what this stuff means. What moves? What can you do with points?
It's no wonder this degenerated into roleplaying and bickering.
That's removed due to demands. I will not use it.

Here is the beginning of the lovely country named Kievan Rus
Month 1 - All support nations have EQUAL troops, population, and training. One Nation uses half of the nation's entire money to produce technology to airships (If it's air balloons, it may be established), establish shields, armored battleships, smokepowder (No one knows how to make it yet, therefore the money to spend on 'chinese smokepowder' is postponed), mass produce those. Unfortunately, his smokepowder will not be used. However, he spends his money on defensive ships and troops on Month 1. It would take a few months to establish such goal because it is highly difficult as Centreri did not have it before. With very, very expensive defense on default soldiers (Which are rather weak) will have to happen a few months later. For now, they are sent to Scion while knowing supplies will ship to them and become defensively powerful later.
He now spends 2/10 (Which he now wasted 3/4 of his money), he invests infrastructure for more houses, roads between major cities. Also spending it to farmers for increased productivity, and for science (Which unfortunately the money will be postponed for science since it is the 1806).

He then uses one tenth of a half of the money he began with, spending on oil-gathering infrastructure and to build an underground path for sending oil to "Main Europe".

He then invested another one tenth of a half of the entire money he began with to boost agricultural, sending workless people to farms to allow them to become useful. With "grain production, increase happiness, and removed hobos", he will probably use it to supply his troops.

--------------------
- 100,000 (x2)
---------------------
300,000,000 monies left.

Aftermath, beginning of Month 2 - Will write and finish up in a sec...

None.

Dec 15 2008, 1:52 am Centreri Post #349

Kaias, alliance? Through me you directly link to Loveless, Anonymous, FlyingHat and Horde.

Moose, those aren't in game yet to make economy somewhat matter. Though, yes, it IS mostly roleplaying because of it. We need some real script for economy and this'd work.

And, Krayzee, there's science... early chemistry evolved in mid-1750. Etc etc. It wasn't a no-man's land. It wasn't particularly developed, but I don't see anything wrong in investing so that certain things come along sooner. Science existed in 1806.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Dec 15 2008, 2:08 am by Centreri.

None.

Dec 15 2008, 2:00 am Kaias Post #350

Quote from Centreri
Kaias, alliance? Through me you directly link to Loveless, Anonymous, FlyingHat and Horde.

Moose, those aren't in game yet to make economy somewhat matter. Though, yes, it IS mostly roleplaying because of it. We need some real script for economy and this'd work.
I'll make no executive decision as far as alliances go yet, except to extend an offer to Doodania, since we're practically Siamese.

None.

Dec 15 2008, 2:05 am Centreri Post #351

Eh. Your choice.

None.

Dec 15 2008, 2:43 am KrayZee Post #352

Aftermath, beginning of Month 2 - His troops have yet to be supplied because it is under manufacturing. He spends 5,000 rubles from the bank for training soldiers and supplies.
He drafts 100,000 people (Which is sad because it's bigger than his Military numbers), so he somehow sends his people. The people of Kievan Rus were highly disappointed how the government had spent at least 7/10 of the country's entire money. They clearly saw the war between Alleria and the Kingdom of Bruhna had begun, and were highly disappointed how Kievan Rus suddenly took this opportunity to declare war on another country. Meetings outside the capital were held and if one of the next two moves were bad enough, the people will rebel. Especially that the supplies that the money had devoted into are not yet complete.
Soon, farms began to grow. Of course, the food is premature, and cannot be used until later. And Kievan Rus had received 100,000 monies throughout the month.

The military of Scion had auto-retaliated the incoming invasion of the entire army of Kievan Rus. Kievan Rus had currently suffered 2,395 deaths as Scion suffered 1,886 deaths. Scion, knowing how their home works, knew tactics. Nearly half of all soldiers of Kievan Rus are exhausted by marching for a whole month, alone. They had to eat the food found throughout Scion. The country of Äug had sent 75% of their entire Military to Scion. As they are coming there by boat, traveling is much faster. And with 50,000,000 monies spent on naval research and development, it progressed fairly as half of the sent Äug military had landed on Scion, in which none are exhausted because the best they can do was wait. With supplies running empty on the Äug naval ships, it was enough for them to reach their destination.
The country of Äug had spent 100,000,000 monies to fortify Scion's borders. The fortification had existed but is still underconstruction. As Äug spent 50,000,000 to fortify his own borders, the process had began immediately.

The country of Äug was disappointed to spend 2/10 of its money to defend another country, but the people thought it was reasonable because Kievan Rus is very aggressive.

In other words, Centreri is fucked both ways from inside (Angry, angry people) and out (Scion and Äug). But of course, this is just an example of what will happen, yet it did not actually happen because next Sunday hasn't hit.

None.

Dec 15 2008, 2:56 am Vi3t-X Post #353

Could you please state how my plans would exactly work? I beleive they are more or less economic, but I'd like to see how you'd work with that.

None.

Dec 15 2008, 3:01 am KrayZee Post #354

Quote from Vi3t-X
Could you please state how my plans would exactly work? I beleive they are more or less economic, but I'd like to see how you'd work with that.
It all depends on your decisions, though. Tell me an example plan and I will work it out.

None.

Dec 15 2008, 3:05 am Vi3t-X Post #355

http://www.staredit.net/112366/

None.

Dec 15 2008, 3:10 am Centreri Post #356

Waaait a minute. Researches are instant? How the hell did Doodle's researches count if they started when the ships sailed out? I call BS on that.

Additionally, I ASSUME that my country had enough food to feed itself when this started - and because of my additional emphasis on food development through placement of criminals and workless in the food sector (under supervision, of course) would give me a decent surplus. Supply lines are extremely short, so there should not be significant problems in transporting of food.

The insurrection from inside is pure bullshit. Germans in WWII thought they were winning right until they met enemy soldiers. In 1945. Not only am I not going to publicly point out my mistakes, but inherent Russian nationalism would prevent such insurrection. In 1806.

How their home works? Geography of the land is nearly identical, unless otherwise said. Our countries are very close to each other. We both fight under identical conditions. The only thing they have an advantage in is more up-to-date maps, since I even have maps of an earlier Scion, or presumably spies. EVERYONE knew general geography in 1800. My army is more then twice as large as his, and I completely destroyed his border guard, which made up 20% of his army while suffering minimal casualties because they were unprepared. Marching for a month.. what BS. His country is at most 300 kilometers in height, and how slow do you think my men are? Either they would be full of energy from making frequent stops, or they would have conquered all of Scion already, or they traveled for much less time and are thus not particularly tired, and still ready to fight and kill (or die) for the motherland.

In other words, Krayzee, your 'analysis' is complete BS. Be impartial or give someone else moderator spot. If researches were instant, I'd have air ships with artillery already and Echo'd have no way to attack them. I don't. It's being researched and probably won't be used in this conflict. Doodle can't arrive in time. And I have Anonymous blocking the only route to the location of conflict anyway. With his entire Navy, if need be. And the ships are just as unupgraded on either side. BS from every angle.

None.

Dec 15 2008, 3:14 am Corbo Post #357

ALL PRAISE YOUR SUPREME LORD CORBO

But Äug, because of their geographical location, seems to have a far much better development in Naval strikery and transportation seing as how it's basically in the sea.

fuck you all

Dec 15 2008, 3:17 am Centreri Post #358

What, so it starts off with a better Navy? Haha. Good one. Krayzee said we all start with same thing.

None.

Dec 15 2008, 3:17 am KrayZee Post #359

Quote from Centreri
Waaait a minute. Researches are instant? How the hell did Doodle's researches count if they started when the ships sailed out? I call BS on that.

Additionally, I ASSUME that my country had enough food to feed itself when this started - and because of my additional emphasis on food development through placement of criminals and workless in the food sector (under supervision, of course) would give me a decent surplus. Supply lines are extremely short, so there should not be significant problems in transporting of food.

The insurrection from inside is pure bullshit. Germans in WWII thought they were winning right until they met enemy soldiers. In 1945. Not only am I not going to publicly point out my mistakes, but inherent Russian nationalism would prevent such insurrection. In 1806.

How their home works? Geography of the land is nearly identical, unless otherwise said. Our countries are very close to each other. We both fight under identical conditions. The only thing they have an advantage in is more up-to-date maps, since I even have maps of an earlier Scion, or presumably spies. EVERYONE knew general geography in 1800. My army is more then twice as large as his, and I completely destroyed his border guard, which made up 20% of his army while suffering minimal casualties because they were unprepared. Marching for a month.. what BS. His country is at most 300 kilometers in height, and how slow do you think my men are? Either they would be full of energy from making frequent stops, or they would have conquered all of Scion already, or they traveled for much less time and are thus not particularly tired, and still ready to fight and kill (or die) for the motherland.

In other words, Krayzee, your 'analysis' is complete BS. Be impartial or give someone else moderator spot.
Researches are not instant, it progresses. And it's a whole month and the other half of Doodle's sent military is still traveling under unresearched boats.

Daily life. Which clearly empties that out. Your need additional food to supply.

You control a fictional nation under your own written information.

Scion's Army wasn't prepared but auto-retaliated. And your entire Army is occupying Scion but have yet to reach conflict. Training is sufficient. The land is all flat. It takes place in the 1800s, yes, and the armies clearly uses muskets, horses, cannons and etc. You did not state any horses, cannons or anything, just an invasion.

Not BS, the whole point of this game is to be wise.

To be honest Centreri, you're one of the only players that is nagging me. I mean really, getting rid of Action Points? Lastly, the real event has yet to happen. You can learn from this problem and find another way to settle your plans.

None.

Dec 15 2008, 3:20 am Echo Post #360

Don't you know Centreri, that world is round, so I'm like few miles from Doodle77. *Not serious*.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 16 17 18 19 2021 >
  Back to forum