Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: How to prevent map hackers
How to prevent map hackers
Dec 12 2008, 9:35 pm
By: Norm
Pages: < 1 2 3 >

Dec 14 2008, 5:40 am badcop Post #21

I just tried the dragoon and it crashed without me looking at it. Could you post the exact trigger you used?

None.

Dec 14 2008, 5:44 am Falkoner Post #22

It's a disabled dragoon sprite, if you don't add the order command it only stays stable for a few seconds before crashing everyone.

Trigger("Player 1"){
Conditions:
Always();

Actions:
Set Doodad State("Player 2", "Men", "Crash", enabled);
Wait(0);
Order("Player 2", "Men", "Crash", "Crash 2", move);

You can't have any vision of it at all.

None.

Dec 14 2008, 5:45 am badcop Post #23

I see, so the crashing sprite has to be at the start location or where you center the view of the players first?

None.

Dec 14 2008, 5:48 am Falkoner Post #24

Yes, but they can't be able to see it, and since it's a one-time shot, the player has to already have their hack on, which is why I'm trying to find a stable one that sticks around.

None.

Dec 14 2008, 6:00 am badcop Post #25

Would disabling it then re-enabling it work?

None.

Dec 14 2008, 6:07 am Falkoner Post #26

I don't think so, as I've done a few tests with the Disable Enable Enable trick and that doesn't seem to be doing anything.

Doesn't matter anyway, I've found the right unit, the reason why the dragoon was crashing non-hackers was because of its constant animation, and I tried other units, but that was because they twitched, so I tried just Disabling and doing it to a non-twitching unit, and it works perfectly.

It's this simple: Disable a disabled unit sprite via triggers out of view, I tested using a Zealot and it works perfectly, it sticks around and crashes only when you see it, gg hackers :)

None.

Dec 14 2008, 6:09 am badcop Post #27

Sorry for the inconvenience, but could you post the trigger you used?

None.

Dec 14 2008, 6:10 am Falkoner Post #28

Trigger("Player 1"){
Conditions:
Always();

Actions:
Set Doodad State("Player 2", "Men", "Crash", disabled);
}

//-----------------------------------------------------------------//

None.

Dec 14 2008, 6:13 am badcop Post #29

Wow, finally hackers can be beaten (well maybe not always, but this will do for now.) Thanks Falkoner for your testing and concept. =]

None.

Dec 14 2008, 6:15 am Falkoner Post #30

Glad I could help, while I admit that I enjoy hacking, map hacks generally ruin some really fun maps :( All we can do now is hope that the people on BW Hacks don't get wind of this topic :P

None.

Dec 14 2008, 6:34 am badcop Post #31

Uhh problem. The method is still crashing me when i don't have hacks loaded. Fix?

None.

Dec 14 2008, 6:35 am Falkoner Post #32

Is it crashing you immediately? Is it only crashing after putting it into your map?

Edit: Here's the map I did:

Attachments:
Crash Test.scx
Hits: 1 Size: 51.08kb

None.

Dec 14 2008, 6:36 am badcop Post #33

It crashes immediately with or without hacks.

It was working, then I moved the zealot and location to a different part of the map and now I moved it back and it is crashing now.

None.

Dec 14 2008, 6:38 am Falkoner Post #34

Download my map and see if anything differs, and this may vary from map to map, so you may need to find another unit for your map that doesn't crash, basically, find a non-twitching unit and try disabling its disabled sprite.

Edit: Did you forget to move the location?

None.

Dec 14 2008, 6:40 am badcop Post #35

I tried your map and it is exactly the same. I'll try different sprites now. No, I moved the location aswell.

Edit: When I move the location to where it was originally it doesn't crash immediately, but it still crashes.
Edit2: I tried your map again and I waited awhile and it crashed without vision of the zealot.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Dec 14 2008, 6:46 am by badcop.

None.

Dec 14 2008, 7:04 am ClansAreForGays Post #36

So without having to read through both pages, have you been able to locate a crash sprite that still crashes oblivion?

Dec 14 2008, 7:43 am Falkoner Post #37

Edit2: I tried your map again and I waited awhile and it crashed without vision of the zealot.

How long did you wait? I tried it like 3 times and waited like a minute or two a piece.

And CAFG, it's still unstable, but disabling a disabled zealot sprite is the best so far.

None.

Dec 14 2008, 8:27 am Maps Post #38

Am i think, Sprite crash isn't always good method that check maphacker.

it always dangerous some situation, and unexpect result will appear.

and, if some player crash, others are wait 45 seconds.

it is because i use detect EUD trigger 'Drop' system. drop isn't wait 45.

None.

Dec 14 2008, 8:45 am Falkoner Post #39

Am i think, Sprite crash isn't always good method that check maphacker.

it always dangerous some situation, and unexpect result will appear.

and, if some player crash, others are wait 45 seconds.

it is because i use detect EUD trigger 'Drop' system. drop isn't wait 45.

The only problem I have with the EUD desync and detection is that it would need to be updated everytime ZynMap Hack changes, so it renders your map obsolete everytime he updates it.

None.

Dec 14 2008, 11:26 am Maps Post #40

SEN doesn't support delete comment?

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 >
  Back to forum