Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: How to prevent map hackers
How to prevent map hackers
Dec 12 2008, 9:35 pm
By: Norm
Pages: < 1 2 3

Dec 14 2008, 2:24 pm Generalpie Post #41

Staredit Puckwork

i found a wiki article about crashes. let me find it...

Found it!
Disabled Sprite Effects
Crashlist

None.

Dec 14 2008, 3:42 pm badcop Post #42

Pie, not all of those if any crash Zynastors maphack, and if they do they crash others aswell.

None.

Dec 14 2008, 3:44 pm badcop Post #43

Quote from Falkoner
Edit2: I tried your map again and I waited awhile and it crashed without vision of the zealot.

How long did you wait? I tried it like 3 times and waited like a minute or two a piece.

And CAFG, it's still unstable, but disabling a disabled zealot sprite is the best so far.
I have been waiting for about a minute to two minutes each time and it still crashes.
Quote from Maps
Am i think, Sprite crash isn't always good method that check maphacker.

it always dangerous some situation, and unexpect result will appear.

and, if some player crash, others are wait 45 seconds.

it is because i use detect EUD trigger 'Drop' system. drop isn't wait 45.
EUD triggers work in the latest patch 1.16.0? Sorry for double posting. =[

Edit: I think I have found a working sprite, I will keep testing to make sure it works all the time.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Dec 14 2008, 3:55 pm by badcop.

None.

Dec 14 2008, 6:25 pm NudeRaider Post #44

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

EUD conditions work in every patch they were made for. Chances are that triggers you made for 1.15.x are still working but that really depends on what memory adresses you referenced to and if these have changed or not.

Dec 15 2008, 12:15 am Falkoner Post #45

EUD conditions work in every patch they were made for. Chances are that triggers you made for 1.15.x are still working but that really depends on what memory adresses you referenced to and if these have changed or not.

And since these ones would need to be updated each time Zynastor Map Hack is upgraded, it's not the best option, IMO. I'll try a few more tests tomorrow, see what I can come up with.

None.

Dec 15 2008, 12:19 am badcop Post #46

Falkoner, I found that the larva in l)deathbringer's zerg sprite test map will crash you if you look, but I cannot seem to be able to transport the technique into my map.

None.

Dec 15 2008, 12:24 am Falkoner Post #47

Can you post the map? I don't recall seeing it before.

None.

Dec 15 2008, 12:25 am badcop Post #48

Here's map. Also, the maps isn't very stable so if you move units around it probably will crash you. Though if you don't it will not.

Attachments:
Zerg Units Sprites.scx
Hits: 2 Size: 40.54kb

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3
  Back to forum