By: modmaster50
Pages: < 1 2 3 >

Nov 30 2008, 7:20 pm Fisty Post #21

Quote from Lord Malvanis
Is there a download for this?
Read the directions?

None.

Nov 30 2008, 7:37 pm modmaster50 Post #22

Dude, copy the text in the code box on the first post into notepad, then save into a txt file. Add "multirun(CHAT:Chat Loops)" to the beginning of each of your AI scripts. Import this script with your AI scripts into PyAI using the list import feature. Then save as aiscript.bin, import it into a SEMPQ and run it. Yes, it requires some modding skill to set up. Soon, I will probably attach this to the default scripts and put up an SEMPQ for those who dont know how to mod. This is best used with enhanced AI scripts (unless u want to play against SC's really dumb AI).

@A_of_ST:
Isnt rush used to detect if certain unit groups are owned by the AI?

None.

Dec 1 2008, 4:43 am A_of-s_t Post #23

aka idmontie

Quote from modmaster50
Isnt rush used to detect if certain unit groups are owned by the AI?
It can by used by a computer to check other players I believe (if I do indeed remember correctly).

Personal GitHub
Starcraft GitHub Organization - Feel free to request member status!
TwitchTV

Dec 1 2008, 11:14 pm modmaster50 Post #24

I took some time to get the values for "rush".
Sunkens/spores count as 2 units

0 = Barracks OR Spawning Pool OR Gateway (includes incomplete)
1 = At Least 17 Marines + Bunkers, OR at least 16 Sunken Colonies + Hydralisks, OR at least 7 Zealots
2 = At least 25 Marines + Bunkers, OR At least 11 Mutalisks + Spore Colonies + Hydralisks
3 = At least 6 Marines + Bunkers, OR At least 3 Sunken Colonies + Hydralisks, OR Hydralisk Den?, OR at least 2 Zealots
4 = At least 17 Marines + Bunkers, OR At least 16 Sunken Colonies + Hydralisks, OR at least 9 Zealots
5 = At least 7 Marines + Bunkers, OR at least 7 Sunken Colonies + Hydralisks, OR at least 4 Zealots
6 = At least 13 Marines + Bunkers, OR at least 2 Sunken Colonies, OR at least 2 Dragoons
7 = ?? Siege Tank, OR ?? Queen, OR at most 5 Zealots.
8 = At least 6 Marines + Bunkers, OR at least 3 Sunken Colonies + Hydralisks, OR at least 2 Zealots
9 = At least 10 Marines + Bunkers, OR at least 5 sunken colonies + Hydralisks, OR at least 6 Zealots
10= At least 5 Marines + Bunkers, OR at least 5 Sunken Colonies + Hydralisks, OR at least 3 Zealots
11= At least 10 Marines + Bunkers, OR at least 10 Sunken Colonies + Hydralisks, OR at least 6 Zealots
12= At Least 17 Marines + Bunkers, OR at least 6 Mutalisks + Spore Colonies + Hydralisks, OR at least 3 Dragoons + Scouts
13= At least 25 Marines + Bunkers, OR at least 11 Mutalisks + Spore Colonies + Hydralisks, OR at least 8 Dragoons + Scouts

It seems that its only used to detect the AI's unit conditions. I havent been around for a while, so there may have been some more updates.

Hmmm...I can use this, I guess, but still, theres other conditions I want to check, like if the AI is attacking or being attacked (panic sucks). So frustrating!

None.

Dec 1 2008, 11:25 pm A_of-s_t Post #25

aka idmontie

Quote from modmaster50
Hmmm...I can use this, I guess, but still, theres other conditions I want to check, like if the AI is attacking or being attacked (panic sucks). So frustrating!
Use Poiuy_qwert's locunlock code and rewrite it and find a way to find when a computer is getting attacked. I'd think this out some more, but I really don't want to get distracted from Temptation.

Personal GitHub
TwitchTV

Dec 1 2008, 11:30 pm modmaster50 Post #26

I wonder if there is any way to center a location (created in locunlock) on the AI's main building. Then detect enemy units entering that region...

None.

Dec 1 2008, 11:32 pm A_of-s_t Post #27

aka idmontie

Quote from modmaster50
I wonder if there is any way to center a location (created in locunlock) on the AI's main building. Then detect enemy units entering that region...
I already did it, do you want the plugin?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Dec 1 2008, 11:41 pm by A_of-s_t.

Personal GitHub
TwitchTV

Dec 2 2008, 1:27 am A_of-s_t Post #28

aka idmontie

Here we go:

Modified LocUnlock, made originally by poiuy_qwert and modified by me:
[attach=2125]

To use, go into Firegraft or MPQDraft and add on the .qdp file. Go to PyTRG and add this trigger to melee.trg and save a a .got compatable trigger:

Players(All Players)
Conditions:
Always()
Actions:
EnableDebugMode()

This trigger/plugin creates an anywhere location and centers locations on all the main bases. If you need to ability to create additional locations, I'll add that part back into this modified locunlock for you, just ask.

Attachments:
modified locunlock.qdp
Hits: 1 Size: 106.44kb

Personal GitHub
TwitchTV

Dec 2 2008, 3:00 am modmaster50 Post #29

Thanks man! This will be useful, I can add GOT triggers that check for enemy units entering the AI's region. This mod is becoming more and more advanced :).

Two things though:
1. What will be the names of locations? So I can refer to them in my triggers.
2. How big will the size of locations be (detection radius for attack)?

Adding locs could be useful. I suggest putting it in just in case its needed later. This has potential. If you have any taunt suggestions or code, feel free to post.

None.

Dec 2 2008, 3:11 am A_of-s_t Post #30

aka idmontie

Quote from modmaster50
Thanks man! This will be useful, I can add GOT triggers that check for enemy units entering the AI's region. This mod is becoming more and more advanced :).

Two things though:
1. What will be the names of locations? So I can refer to them in my triggers.
2. How big will the size of locations be (detection radius for attack)?

Adding locs could be useful. I suggest putting it in just in case its needed later. This has potential. If you have any taunt suggestions or code, feel free to post.

It puts Location 1 for Player 1, Location 2 for Player 2 and so on. The locations are pretty small right now (I believe I have them at 64x64 pixels). I'll do that maybe tomorrow and repost it along with the source code.

Personal GitHub
TwitchTV

Dec 2 2008, 3:25 am modmaster50 Post #31

Id say a useful feature would be the ability to adjust location size for all of the locations. Then I could test and decide the best detection radius. For the triggering, I guess Ill make dummy locations Location 1 - 8 and trigger it that way. Not just for AI taunting, but location plugins could be used to actually give the AI hints as to what to do (possibly for another project?).

None.

Dec 2 2008, 3:31 am A_of-s_t Post #32

aka idmontie

Quote from modmaster50
Id say a useful feature would be the ability to adjust location size for all of the locations. Then I could test and decide the best detection radius. For the triggering, I guess Ill make dummy locations Location 1 - 8 and trigger it that way. Not just for AI taunting, but location plugins could be used to actually give the AI hints as to what to do (possibly for another project?).
With the old code put back into locunlock, you will be able to edit the locations. I'll try to expand the current set up so you can "Add on" to the location size instead resetting the location parameters.

Personal GitHub
TwitchTV

Dec 2 2008, 5:36 am modmaster50 Post #33

Im not completely sure how to edit the locations though. Im not experienced with using locunlock.

None.

Dec 3 2008, 1:51 am A_of-s_t Post #34

aka idmontie

Quote from modmaster50
Im not completely sure how to edit the locations though. Im not experienced with using locunlock.
I'll include the help file in the .rar file that I'll upload.

Personal GitHub
TwitchTV

Dec 3 2008, 1:53 am ForTheSwarm Post #35

Directly from the creator. I think. poiuyqwert right?

LocUnlock is an MPQDraft and FireGraft v0.93 plugin supporting SC:BW versions 1.15.1 to 1.15.3 (1.15.2 and 1.15.3 are currently not supported by FireGraft v0.93), designed to allow modders the use of locations in game types other then Use Map Settings. The two things you can do with this plugin is make the Anywhere location cover the whole map with all elevation levels, or set one or more values (top left x/y, bottom right x/y, and elevation flags) of any location you want.

MPQDraft Installation/Application:
1) Extract LocUnlock.qdp to your MPQDraft folder
2) When creating a SEMPQ or loading an MPQ patch, make sure the "LocUnlock v1" plugin checkbox is checked

FireGraft v0.93 Installation/Application:
1) Extract LocUnlock.qdp to your FireGraft folder
2) When editing your project, go to the Plugins tab
3) Click tha add Add button under MPQDraft plugin, and select LocUnlock.qdp

Usage:
LocUnlock uses the EnableDebugMode (which is currently only supported by PyTRG) action to edit locations, and takes its parameters from the Start Locations (unit 214) death count of different players:
Player 2: Location number
Player 3: Values to change (bitmask: 1 = top left X, 2 = top left Y, 4 = bottom right X, 8 = bottom right Y, 16 = flags)
Player 4: Top left X
Player 5: Top left Y
Player 6: Bottom right X
Player 7: Bottom right Y
Player 8: Elevation flags (bitmask: 1 = Low Elevation, 2 = Medium Elevation, 4 = High Elevation, 8 = Low Air, 16 = Medium Air, 32 = High Air)

If the Location number or Values to change is 0, then the Anywhere location is automatically set to cover the whole map with all flags set (like how it starts for UMS maps).

Examples:
Make Anywhere cover the whole map at the start of the game:

Code:
Trigger(All Players):
Conditions:
Always()
Actions:
EnableDebugMode()Cover 2x2 square of tiles in the top left with location 1 when switch 1 is set:

Code:
Trigger(All Players):
Conditions:
Switch(1, Set)
Actions:
SetDeaths(Player 2, Start Location, Set To, 1)
SetDeaths(Player 3, Start Location, Set To, 31)
SetDeaths(Player 4, Start Location, Set To, 0)
SetDeaths(Player 5, Start Location, Set To, 0)
SetDeaths(Player 6, Start Location, Set To, 64)
SetDeaths(Player 7, Start Location, Set To, 64)
SetDeaths(Player 8, Start Location, Set To, 63)
EnableDebugMode()

None.

Dec 3 2008, 2:08 am A_of-s_t Post #36

aka idmontie

It would have been easier for me to just add it into the .rar file :P. But thanks anyway.

Personal GitHub
TwitchTV

Dec 3 2008, 4:21 am A_of-s_t Post #37

aka idmontie

Here you go:

[attach=2129]

Same directions. However, I've yet to test it, so PM me if you have problems or feedback.

Attachments:
LocUnlock Mod.rar
Hits: 1 Size: 35.5kb

Personal GitHub
TwitchTV

Dec 4 2008, 1:28 am modmaster50 Post #38

Ok, anyone try this script out? Or do I need to package it in an SEMPQ with the default AI? :P If anyone tries it, feel free to post feedback.

Currently working on a new version that uses locations to detect AIs attacking and defending. And Ill include a CTF comp and GOT file edit to let you play CTF vs the computer :D.

None.

Dec 5 2008, 5:02 pm Impeached Post #39

Or do I need to package it in an SEMPQ with the default AI?
Yessir.

None.

Dec 6 2008, 2:11 am modmaster50 Post #40

I dont really want to...

1. Im lazy
2. Default AI is crap

Btw, anyone know how to compile MPQDraft plugins using VC++?

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 >
  Back to forum