Staredit Network > Forums > Games > Topic: LEFT 4 DEAD
LEFT 4 DEAD
Nov 19 2008, 5:20 am
By: RIVE
Pages: < 1 2 3 46 >

Nov 21 2008, 1:54 am KrayZee Post #21

Uh, it's the PlayStation 3 version that Valve doesn't support, not the Xbox 360 versions. Secondly, Valve doesn't update it on, I assume Microsoft does.

None.

Nov 21 2008, 2:58 am RIVE Post #22

Just Here For The Pie

Quote from dumbducky
A warning to RIVE: don't get the Xbox version of L4D. After Valv'es dismal support of the Xbox Orange Box, I'm not buying console game from them. Months after free DLC comes out on the PC, Valve still doesn't even acknowledge its console counterpart. When it finally does, it says that it's coming soon for a price. It's better than nothing, except that it still hasn't come yet. So a year after launch and months after the PC expansions, the Xbox has none of this cool content that PC users have. By the way, the PC version was $10 cheaper than the console.

I already bought it on the 360, and I bought the Orange Box on the 360 as well.
I am aware of the lack of downloads and updates, but my poor, little computer just cannot handle the awesome game play for me to want to get them for it.
Plus I just got LIVE, so I am trying to make the most of it that is not just Rock Band 2. I also needed a game me and all my mediate friends could play on LIVE.

I already had Half-Life 2 and Ep. 1 on my PC, but playing them on the 360 was great without choppy graphics and load times that took five minutes.

None.

Nov 21 2008, 8:46 pm KilaByte Post #23

epic game is epic.

Most fun I've had with a game in a long, long time.

Just finished Death Toll on Expert and it was amazingly challenging. Took us almost 3 hours just to beat the boathouse finale.

10/10

None.

Nov 21 2008, 9:17 pm dumbducky Post #24

@RIVE: I too had a crappy computer that would've been worse for TF2, so I got for Xbox.
Quote from KrayZee
Uh, it's the PlayStation 3 version that Valve doesn't support, not the Xbox 360 versions. Secondly, Valve doesn't update it on, I assume Microsoft does.
Valve officially supports it, but DLC is still MIA.

tits

Nov 22 2008, 3:41 am Atlos Post #25

I pre-ordered it and still haven't received my copy. >_<

I ordered it off Newegg for the 10% off and free shipping but apparently they didn't have any in stock when it came out so my order was put on hold. Won't get it until next week...

I'd be happy to play it with you guys when I get it.

None.

Nov 22 2008, 6:41 am RIVE Post #26

Just Here For The Pie

Quote from name:Urmom(U)
I pre-ordered it and still haven't received my copy. >_<

I ordered it off Newegg for the 10% off and free shipping but apparently they didn't have any in stock when it came out so my order was put on hold. Won't get it until next week...

I'd be happy to play it with you guys when I get it.

Sucks to be you. I pre-ordered it from Gamestop and picked it up the day it came out also getting 10% off.
But yeah, sucks to be me to as I have been playing it at my friend's house because of my Red Ring of Death.
Should get my 360 in on Monday and start feeding my mad playing rage then.

None.

Nov 22 2008, 9:02 am Souma Post #27

Are they going to release more updates for it? I have the pc version and it's really short, but I guess the re-playability makes up for that. Any of you have it for steam?

None.

Nov 22 2008, 12:02 pm Fisty Post #28

Quote from Souma
Are they going to release more updates for it? I have the pc version and it's really short, but I guess the re-playability makes up for that. Any of you have it for steam?
Valve supports modding. I believe they think that their maps are just a jump-start for a shitload of user-made maps.

None.

Nov 22 2008, 12:35 pm Revelade Post #29

Played the demo and I have to say... I'm a pretty jaded gamer and this game really surprised me.

The graphics were't the most detailed, but the way the light and the music and the style was used... it was great. The way zombies in packs of 50 come rushing at you... there's no feeling like it. It's a blast to watch and even more fun playing.

As for the PC, 360 debate. The 360 throws in splitscreen co-op. I also do happen to like the controller more for FPS. But it does cost more for some reason on the 360.

Resident Evil isn't this game as well. It's a slow-paced thinking game. Zombies aren't fast, but that's because it would be far too hard with fixed camera angles and limited bullets. Resident Evil is about thinking, conserving ammo, tracing your steps, figuring puzzles... this is an all out zombie shootfest. Both cater to different crowds.

Nov 22 2008, 2:51 pm Riney Post #30

Thigh high affectionado

Quote from Revelade
Resident Evil isn't this game as well. It's a slow-paced thinking game. Zombies aren't fast, but that's because it would be far too hard with fixed camera angles and limited bullets. Resident Evil is about thinking, conserving ammo, tracing your steps, figuring puzzles..

Tell that to Leon and Chris battling through hordes of things not in Raccoon City ;o And Umbrella Cronoicles. Yes CAPCOM made the accident to make everyone belive all RE games are the same, but they really are trying to get outta that hole.

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Nov 27 2008, 6:06 am chuiu Post #31

L4D looks fucking great on HDTV ... but not with a 360...

None.

Nov 27 2008, 9:04 pm FatalException Post #32

Indeed, PC version FTW.

Also, could someone tell me if the Wikipedia article really lists all of the weapons, and if the Benelli and hunting rifle are any better to balance out the pure win of the M16? Linky for your convenience.

None.

Nov 27 2008, 10:52 pm chuiu Post #33

I prefer shotgun myself though they both have advantages. Shotgun just mows down huge groups of zombies with one or two shots at their heads, the M16 is great for picking off far away targets. One thing is for sure, shotguns wide spread means a lot of unintentional friendly fire so be careful how you aim it in expert.

None.

Nov 28 2008, 6:18 am LoveLess Post #34

Let me show you how to hump without making love.

I still say versus is where it's all at.

Lol @ my 5000 points from one life as a boomer >:D

Also, chiu and krayzee love my tank skill.

None.

Nov 28 2008, 7:42 pm KrayZee Post #35

It appears that someone (Or more) has the Zombie Genocidest achievement because just recently, the achievement moved up a slot ahead of Lamb 2 Slaughter achievement.

http://www.steampowered.com/status/l4d/

Don't let the % fool you, it may be 0% but there are at least 23,000 people playing Left 4 Dead everyday. And with some achievements in 0.3% of the whole community unlocked, it is possible where it (Zombie Genocidest) can be 0.01%. Only that the hundredths place is unrecorded.

It's hard to believe that someone has 53,595 kills already, I only have at least 10,000 right now.

None.

Nov 28 2008, 8:24 pm RIVE Post #36

Just Here For The Pie

Yeah, I already helped my friend get the Lamb 2 Slaughter Achievement.
That means the whole "or more" thing is in fact true.

It should not be that hard to get the Zombie Genocidest Achievement. I got the Dead Rising Zombie Genocider Achievement in four straight hours of game play.

For those who do not know; the Zombie Genocider Achievement requires you to "defeat at least 53,594 zombies," and the Zombie Genocidest Achievement requires you to "kill 53,595 Infected".

(lol) one upping the other guy. By the way, does anyone know it there is just a Zombie Genocide Achievement from any game? I am curious now...

None.

Nov 28 2008, 8:59 pm KrayZee Post #37

That is because the zombies in Dead Rising are there and you can use anything to kill them from lawn mowers to cars and the zombies respawns in every room you enter until you, the player, had allowed zombies in the elevator and certain areas to allow the game force spawn them. Along with the game is freedom of going anywhere in the mall, therefore zombies are endless. With no teammates and cooperation, there are no divided kills.

Left 4 Dead's gameplay shifts the way the four players play, which is called the AI Director. Although there are hordes of zombies occassionally attacking the survivors, kill ratios will end up one fourth amount of the total zombies of each player in the level (at least 100 kills from per player, resulting at least 400 zombies in the level) unless one player takes the absolute lead. The best a player can get the most kills is at least one thousand per campaign played. If one player sucked, then it is possible for the other three players get more than a thousand kills.

Dead Rising - Single player game (Therefore undivided), infinite of zombies in and around the mall, zombies respawn through the entered room (That means if you empty a room, then leave and come back, they are back)
Left 4 Dead - Multiplayer game (Divided Kills, including the bots in "Single Player"), at least a thousand per campaign, zombies respawn according to the AI Director and the boomer (They often come at areas where the survivors cannot see and cannot access, which leaves map designing full of fences, holes and blockades for entrances of the horde)

There was also this one time where a large horde of zombies spawned inside a tiny bathroom, although stacked, is triggered by the AI Director.

None.

Nov 28 2008, 10:22 pm FatalException Post #38

Anyone wanna play today? I got it last night and I was up until 4 with it. :P

None.

Nov 29 2008, 3:17 am KrayZee Post #39

Okay, the Zombie Genocidest Achievement had hit 0.1%. I assume these guys kept playing nonstop since Left 4 Dead was released.

None.

Dec 1 2008, 5:29 am FatalException Post #40

I discovered the win of the hunting rifle. It goes through all kinds of stuff, and almost always gets one-hit kills. The problem is, it goes through teammates too, but that can end up being pretty epic. Once, a teammate crossed my line of fire and I got a headshot on him and a zombie at the same time. :P

If anyone wants to play, add the account Erithom (for the PC version). I share it with my brother, though, so be warned that you won't always be contacting me.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 46 >
  Back to forum