Staredit Network > Forums > Games > Topic: LEFT 4 DEAD
LEFT 4 DEAD
Nov 19 2008, 5:20 am
By: RIVE
Pages: < 1 « 4 5 6

Jan 9 2009, 6:27 am modmaster50 Post #101

After trying this out with my friend, I think its a really cool game. Its a pity I didnt do much multiplayer at my friend's house. I was just learning. I would probably buy this if my computer wasnt so lame. Come on! I got a 128MB graphics card and only 1 physical CPU (with hyper threading, so it counts as having a virtual CPU too). All newer games require more than that!)

Btw, I HATE witches! "You startled the witch!" ---> Oh-shit-Im-down-and-my-stupid-bots-dont-help-me-agh-dead-gameover syndrome.

None.

Jan 16 2009, 4:07 am Forsaken Archer Post #102

http://kotaku.com/5131676/left-4-dead-patch-now-live

None.

Jan 16 2009, 4:21 am KrayZee Post #103

I'm going to miss those exploits. But at least, they made it balanced and easier for casual players. Especially the Tank and Versus updates.

[quoted]- Smoker tongue does damage every second while dragging paralyzed Survivors.[/quote]
Finally, something that makes smokers a lot more useful.

None.

Jan 16 2009, 12:03 pm Jello-Jigglers Post #104

Beat it in less than a day... Disappointing. The online is also semi-disappointing.

None.

Jan 16 2009, 3:13 pm BiOAtK Post #105

You beat every campaign in expert in one day? The day you got it?
And you haven't played against non-noobs in multiplayer then.

None.

Jan 16 2009, 4:08 pm KrayZee Post #106

Quote from Jello-Jigglers
Beat it in less than a day... Disappointing. The online is also semi-disappointing.
That's not the point of Left 4 Dead. The point is to keep playing the game over and over again on harder difficulties because it is different every time you play. If you're referring the online as "Versus", then you are missing the whole point of cooperation. And besides, at least explain what is wrong?
Quote from Anonymous
You beat every campaign in expert in one day? The day you got it?
And you haven't played against non-noobs in multiplayer then.
I don't think he played Expert.

None.

Feb 11 2009, 11:04 pm RIVE Post #107

Just Here For The Pie

LEFT 4 DEAD SURVIVAL PACK IS FREE!

Yes, come this spring, Value will be releasing a nice little free download for both PC and Xbox 360.
The download will contain a Survival Mode, and will add Death Toll & Dead Air to the Versus Mode.

[Judders with excitement :uberw00t: ]

None.

Feb 11 2009, 11:38 pm chuiu Post #108

You're weeks behind the rest of the world. And since you only seem to care about 360 you forgot to mention the SDK that will grant PC owners of the game more freedom and even more replayable content.

Also one of the new maps is called Dead before Dawn which is a revamped old CS map that was designed after the Dawn of the Dead's shopping mall.

None.

Feb 11 2009, 11:42 pm Fisty Post #109

Doesnt that also include the SDK for PC?
Oh screw you chuiu. Either way I was right.

None.

Feb 12 2009, 5:26 pm Esponeo Post #110

Yes, come this spring, Value will be releasing a nice little free download for both PC and Xbox 360.
The download will contain a Survival Mode, and will add Death Toll & Dead Air to the Versus Mode.

Its free because it isn't actually any content. Its just a patch. Its all stuff that is already on the disk, which people have unlocked on the PC and been playing for weeks already.

Also one of the new maps is called Dead before Dawn which is a revamped old CS map that was designed after the Dawn of the Dead's shopping mall.
That's a custom map, not an official map, and certainly not part of this patch they've got coming.

None.

Feb 12 2009, 8:37 pm chuiu Post #111

Quote from Esponeo

Its free because it isn't actually any content. Its just a patch. Its all stuff that is already on the disk, which people have unlocked on the PC and been playing for weeks already.

That's a custom map, not an official map, and certainly not part of this patch they've got coming.
You're right about Dead before Dawn, I misread that. But you're wrong about the content, PC users don't have access to survival mode or verses in those two maps and its not hidden on the disk. Valve isn't one of the developers who cuts things from their games so they can add them later, the only developers who do that are assholes trying to squeeze extra money out of xbox chumps and it sadly works.

None.

Feb 13 2009, 12:08 am Esponeo Post #112

PC users don't have access to survival mode...
True.

...or verses in those two maps and its not hidden on the disk.
False.

Valve isn't one of the developers who cuts things from their games so they can add them later, the only developers who do that are assholes trying to squeeze extra money out of xbox chumps and it sadly works.
I would have agreed with this sentiment until the announcement of this "content."

Having earned all the achievements and played every campaign a thousand thousand times in a thousand thousand ways, I was hoping for some new campaigns within the first ~6 months. It looks like thats not going to happen. We should at least get a few good custom campaigns though, but I usually prefer professionally made material over fan made stuff.

None.

Feb 13 2009, 3:25 am chuiu Post #113

Quote from Esponeo
PC users don't have access to survival mode...
True.

...or verses in those two maps and its not hidden on the disk.
False.
I can tell you without a doubt in my mind that versus mode for those two maps is not available so you're wrong there. And once again Valve does not hide content in their games to be unlocked at a future date so you're wrong there also. Prove to me otherwise because right now the evidence is against you.

Quote from Esponeo
Having earned all the achievements and played every campaign a thousand thousand times in a thousand thousand ways, I was hoping for some new campaigns within the first ~6 months. It looks like thats not going to happen. We should at least get a few good custom campaigns though, but I usually prefer professionally made material over fan made stuff.
I don't know where you are getting this idea they AREN'T adding new campaigns. They are, and from the sounds of it they sound like they're going to double the currently available campaigns.

None.

Feb 13 2009, 2:10 pm Fisty Post #114

I just acquired a *cough* evaluational copy *cough* of Left4Dead and I jizzed in my pants. I can't wait till I get the version I can play online with!

None.

Feb 14 2009, 6:11 pm KrayZee Post #115

Quote from chuiu
That map is amazing.

Quote from Esponeo
Impossible. The new content provided for Team Fortress 2 for the Medics, Pyros, and Heavies (Soon Scouts) as well as maps cannot be found in the CDs. Especially if the Heavy eats a sandvich, there were new voice acting. Same developers/publishers as Left 4 Dead, and provided in Steam. All are free.

None.

Feb 14 2009, 7:28 pm WoAHorde Post #116

I love this more than TF2, just got it yesterday. My Steam is Woaz. LET'S KILL SOME SHIT!

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 4 5 6
  Back to forum