Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: The Puzzle Topic
The Puzzle Topic
Nov 17 2008, 1:04 pm
By: Devourer
Pages: < 1 « 8 9 10 11 1218 >

Nov 30 2008, 8:54 pm Symmetry Post #181

Dungeon Master

Does it matter if the ball is still intact? You could shove the bottom end of your tennis racket through it and pull it out that way.

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Nov 30 2008, 9:02 pm Dapperdan Post #182

Quote from name:Killer_Kow
Does it matter if the ball is still intact? You could shove the bottom end of your tennis racket through it and pull it out that way.

I don't think the bottom end of the racket is more than a foot long. And that's assuming that you could jam your way through a tennis ball in the first place.

None.

Nov 30 2008, 9:08 pm Dapperdan Post #183

Take off the strings from your tennis racket. Then take the hook that is holding the tennis net down in the bottom center out from where it is. Attach the hook to the end of the tennis string (wrap the tennis string around it, w/e) then go fishing for the tennis ball. You might be able to dig the hook into the tennis ball, if not, you may be able to create enough upward force to start rolling it up out of the hole.

None.

Nov 30 2008, 9:11 pm NudeRaider Post #184

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

a) Tennis balls are covered with felt. If you are careful you can pick a strain of felt and pull it out with it.

b) since you're playing tennis you probably brought some beverage. Pour it into the hole until the ball comes to surface

c) Or just piss into the hole.

Nov 30 2008, 9:19 pm Symmetry Post #185

Dungeon Master

Quote from NudeRaider
a) Tennis balls are covered with felt. If you are careful you can pick a strain of felt and pull it out with it.

30cm deep? Pull it out using what?

b) since you're playing tennis you probably brought some beverage. Pour it into the hole until the ball comes to surface

I like these answers though.

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Nov 30 2008, 9:28 pm Vi3t-X Post #186

Quote from NudeRaider

I was just about to say this. Then I refreshed my browser and realized he said that like 15 minutes ago >_>'

None.

Nov 30 2008, 9:37 pm NudeRaider Post #187

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Quote from name:Killer_Kow
Quote from NudeRaider

30cm deep? Pull it out using what?
I didn't read carefully. I thought the hole is just too narrow for the hand to grab the ball.

But seriously, whose hand is bigger than a tennis ball (except Mr.T of course)? I'm sure I can put my hand anywhere a tennis ball fits in.

Nov 30 2008, 9:46 pm NudeRaider Post #188

d) Your tennis bag surely has a Velcro fastener. Or your shoes or whatever. Now either the object fits 30cm deep into the hole somehow, or you have to rip off a snippet of Velcro tie it to the strings of your racket, the bootlace, a necklace or whatever and reach into the hole.

Nov 30 2008, 10:09 pm Greo Post #189

Yeah, NudeRaider got it. Three times, too.

None.

Dec 1 2008, 12:54 am Vi3t-X Post #190

e) Buy a new tennis ball for like, $1

None.

Dec 1 2008, 1:38 am NudeRaider Post #191

Okay, here's another riddle.
This time you probably won't be able to give the answer right away ( or maybe yes, if you're smart ;) ) so you may ask me questions that I can answer with "yes" or "no" to help you come to the right answer eventually.

Death at the window
A man looked out of the window and watched a beautiful young lady walking past his home. Shortly after he died. If he hadn't watched the young lady he would still live. He didn't fall out of the window. What happened?

And before you try to invent some crazy story about pianos falling from the 3rd floor or aliens testing their new death ray or something like that, let me tell you: YOU ARE WRONG. The story as it happened is totally reasonable and isn't some kind of strange coincidence or whatever.

Good luck.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Dec 1 2008, 2:02 am by NudeRaider.

Dec 1 2008, 1:44 am MadZombie Post #192

Was the man old?

He had a dusty boner, soon after he got a blood clot in his wiener which led to a heart attack. HIs funeral sucked. GG.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Dec 1 2008, 1:52 am by MadZombie.

None.

Dec 1 2008, 1:49 am Dapperdan Post #193

Quote from NudeRaider
Okay, here's another riddle.
This time you probably won't be able to give the answer right away ( or maybe yes, if you're smart ;) ) so you may ask me questions that I can answer with "yes" or "no" to help you come to the right answer eventually.

Death at the window
A man looked out of the window and watched a beautiful young lady walking past his home. Shortly after he died. Hadn't he watched the young lady he would still live. He didn't fall out of the window. What happened?

And before you try to invent some crazy story about pianos falling from the 3rd floor or aliens testing their new death ray or something like that, let me tell you: YOU ARE WRONG. The story as it happened is totally reasonable and isn't some kind of strange coincidence or whatever.

Good luck.

If he hadn't watched* makes so much more sense.

And I feel like this isn't even a riddle. There are a thousand possibilities that I could make up that probably aren't what you are looking for... like, if he hadn't looked out the window, then the lady wouldn't have pulled out a gun and shot him. Or something like that.

Is the window a mirror?

None.

Dec 1 2008, 1:53 am MadZombie Post #194

OH, he was driving...AMIRITE?

None.

Dec 1 2008, 2:01 am NudeRaider Post #195

Quote from MadZombie
Was the man old?

He had a dusty boner, soon after he got a blood clot in his wiener which led to a heart attack. HIs funeral sucked. GG.
No. :P

Quote from Dapperdan
If he hadn't watched* makes so much more sense.

And I feel like this isn't even a riddle. There are a thousand possibilities that I could make up that probably aren't what you are looking for... like, if he hadn't looked out the window, then the lady wouldn't have pulled out a gun and shot him. Or something like that.

Is the window a mirror?
The window is probably mirroring a very small percentage, like every regular window does. But it's mostly transparent. So, no, it's no mirror.

Well I understand what you mean with the 1000 possibilites but 3 things:
It's no crazy story. In fact similar stories happen every day.
You can ask questions to narrow it down.
And most importantly ... erm... I think I won't say that just yet. It would be a good hint and I feel it's a little early for hints.

Dec 1 2008, 2:03 am NudeRaider Post #196

Quote from MadZombie
OH, he was driving...AMIRITE?
Damn yeah that is correct. Wow, that was fast.

Dec 1 2008, 2:06 am MadZombie Post #197

Well i owe it to dapper since for some reason when i read when he said "LOLMIRRORS", naturally mirrors = cars in my head. Then 10 min later we are at this point.

anyfuck, I have no riddles.

It's basically a FIRST-PERSON-TO-POST-A-SCHWEET-RIDDLE-BATTLE-ROYAL.

None.

Dec 1 2008, 2:11 am Greo Post #198

A man lives on the tenth floor of a building. Every morning he takes the elevator down to the lobby and leaves the building. In the evening, he gets into the elevator, and, if there is someone else in the elevator - or if it was raining that day - he goes back to his floor directly. Otherwise, he goes to the seventh floor and walks up three flights of stairs to his apartment. How come?

None.

Dec 1 2008, 2:16 am NudeRaider Post #199

Stop posting riddles and start writing Day posts. You're already 20 hours overdue. :P

He's either cheating his wife or wants to deceive her for some reason, right?

Dec 1 2008, 2:50 am Pigy_G Post #200

He wants to exircise but doesn't want to do it with wet feet for fear of slipping on the stairs!

And if there is somone else there he looks at them and says "He's fat! I don't need to exircise!" :P

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 8 9 10 11 1218 >
  Back to forum