Staredit Network > Forums > General StarCraft > Topic: What hooked you on SC
What hooked you on SC
Nov 12 2008, 7:03 am
By: T-Virus
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4

Apr 15 2009, 7:15 pm ToA Post #61

Que Sera, Sera.

Quote from Cheathunta
My dad would play it all the time, and then he showed me how to play it. I got hooked. Then I realized you could make maps too.

Apr 15 2009, 7:25 pm Dem0n Post #62

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

My cousin showed me the game like 5 years ago. Thank god for him. :O

Apr 16 2009, 9:45 am LML Post #63

the 1st boyfriend of my older sis gave me the game + two cheats, that's how I barely beat CPU's back then^^ show me the money TvP@Challenger:D
then I sometimes played with a friend, if he got other guy with PC at him (didn't know inet yet).
As soon as I found out about the inet and SC on it, I wanted to play it all day long on the net, but my parents didn't allow me to go online at all (and onto that they thought SC would cost>_>'), and after lossing my few first games in melee, I found UMS maps, and learned how to create them, then after 1-2years I went on to melee and barely mapped anymore;O

None.

Apr 17 2009, 6:07 am -BW-Map_God Post #64

I remember I was at a computer gaming store (Best Buy maybe?) in 1998 and my brother was raving about this game Starcraft that looked cool and which he didn't ahve enough money to buy so he convinced me to pitch in. I was a bit doubtful at first... and seeing the introduction didn't help my doubts....that and the general language in the terran campaign. I was afraid the game might have no storyline at all! Anyway I beat the campaign and played some single player but mostly played network against my brother and then we got into battle.net. I have been playing and making/working on maps ever since when I get a chance :D.

None.

Apr 17 2009, 8:53 am MANight Post #65

got it for my bday from my uncle and at first i was like. "wow this game looks old and dusted" played it for a while kinda felt diffrent then it does now...
got into mapping on day just started placing a bunch of units everywhere thinking that i could play ffa and still have them there (lol). then i learned u play on them with UMS....
started playing bnet melee mostly. (about a year after) saw some of the ums maps a little bit... opened up the editor was messin around and thats when i discovered the layer bar. and what a location was... damn i was a dumbass in triggering back then v.v....

None.

Apr 18 2009, 12:19 am samsizzle Post #66

I think i was around 4 and my dad got this game from my uncle called starcraft, i barely remember my uncle trying to teach my dad how to play. My dad ended up getting hooked on the game and i thought it was retarded because I was playing mechwarrior 3 or something. One day i was bored of mechwarrior and lego. So i went on his computer and started playing starcraft. I was immediately amazed at the game, mostly because of the cinematics which i watched over and over again and showed my friends. I beat the campaigns and started playing against computers and on LAN with my dad on the other computer. I always wondered what b.net was though so i asked my dad and he told me not to go on there because too many people swear on there. So i didnt go on. I spent my time playing melee games and making crappy melee maps until when i was about 8 when i decided i was old enough to go on b.net and got sacked horribly by all the crazy asians on melee maps. So i went to UMS and didnt understand anything. My dad showed me again what UMS was and i understood. Thats when i started my first ums map with locations and everything which i had no idea existed in the first place. And i've played ever since.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4
  Back to forum