Staredit Network > Forums > Games > Topic: Halo 3
Halo 3
Aug 28 2007, 10:37 pm
By: Vi3t-X
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 68 >

Sep 23 2007, 4:55 am KrayZee Post #61

Actually Halo 3 has it's own engine, that's why you never see any superbounces anymore. The only thing you'll see returning is the arm swinging corpses. I pretty much spoiled myself from Halo 3 besides the ending and most of the levels, the flood ("Zombies") is now sick, way disturbing than Halo 2 and Halo 1 combined. More disturbing than actual zombies from Doom 3 and Resident Evil...

If you're saying Halo 3's graphics are just like Halo 2's, you might as well say Halo 2's graphics are great. But I'll say, it isn't better than Gears of War but it sure as cleaner than most Unreal Engine 3 powered games.

None.

Sep 23 2007, 5:42 am Dr. Shotgun Post #62

Unreal Engine 3 is Bioshock, Rainbow Six Vegas, UT2K7, and Gears of War, if I remember. All of which look as good, or better, than Halo 3 IMO.

None.

Sep 23 2007, 11:36 pm WoAHorde Post #63

Wait, where/when did they release pictures of the flood from Halo 3? Was it leaked content from the beta and other sources?

None.

Sep 24 2007, 12:10 am brutetal Post #64

It was never offically released content, but leaked content from the leaked campaign.

None.

Sep 25 2007, 12:18 am KrayZee Post #65

Quote from WoAHorde
Wait, where/when did they release pictures of the flood from Halo 3? Was it leaked content from the beta and other sources?
It was leaked from YouTube, no review has put a single footage of the flood since it can be a spoiler.

If anybody knew, the ratio of ratings of Halo 3 is from 9.5 to 10 straight. And GameSpot could've gave Halo 3 a 9.6 - 9.9 but they only rate games by .5 now.

None.

Sep 25 2007, 12:33 am Money Post #66

Why didn't it get a ten then? Meaning it was from 9.51 to 9.74.

None.

Sep 25 2007, 12:47 am Cnl.Fatso Post #67

You realize this is ALL stuff that has been on PC games since the dawn of time? Besides simultaneous editing and playing, and that will be available in UT3 and Crysis.

As well as having been how Tribes 2's editor worked way back in the mists of antiquity.

None.

Sep 25 2007, 1:19 am WMK Post #68

Halo = simple minded people who have never played real FPS shooters and think Halo is super fun but deep down its just a copy FPS.
I don't trust Gamespot, they review games like retarded idiots. They give monster hunter freedom 2 a fucking 5.0. They don't know jack shit when playing games.

None.

Sep 25 2007, 2:10 am InsolubleFluff Post #69

Erm halo is actually pretty fun, not the best of games, admittable, but pretty fun, to say it's not a good game would be completely illogical seeing as this game is supposed to be like one of the most anticipated games of like all time... as well as being way more anticipated then spiderman 3... I don't think halo 3 will be that great, simply because in my opinion they don't have a whole lot to expand on, however i do love their campaigns and maps, so it will be enjoyable for a change of scenery.

None.

Sep 25 2007, 2:19 am WMK Post #70

Quote from Shocko
Erm halo is actually pretty fun, not the best of games, admittable, but pretty fun, to say it's not a good game would be completely illogical seeing as this game is supposed to be like one of the most anticipated games of like all time... as well as being way more anticipated then spiderman 3... I don't think halo 3 will be that great, simply because in my opinion they don't have a whole lot to expand on, however i do love their campaigns and maps, so it will be enjoyable for a change of scenery.
Did you eat shrooms or something while playing these campaigns? They are so linear, it pisses me off! Try Counter Strike or Unreal Tournament or a real FPS not a copycat FPS.

None.

Sep 25 2007, 2:54 am Esponeo Post #71

Did you eat shrooms or something while playing these campaigns? They are so linear, it pisses me off! Try Counter Strike or Unreal Tournament or a real FPS not a copycat FPS.
Feel free to continue cussing into your mic on Counter-Strike every time you get AWP'ed, I'll be busy having a fucking blast of a time with a dozen friends LAN'ing Halo 3 every chance we get. Real social interaction for the win.

None.

Sep 25 2007, 2:55 am who Post #72

halo 3 is coming out in 1 hour 7 minutes EST time

None.

Sep 25 2007, 3:00 am WMK Post #73

Quote from Esponeo
Feel free to continue cussing into your mic on Counter-Strike every time you get AWP'ed, I'll be busy having a fucking blast of a time with a dozen friends LAN'ing Halo 3 every chance we get. Real social interaction for the win.
I don't cuss in my mic, I think getting awped is hard now. I don't cuss to players I congrats them for there good skill and good play. Halo 2 on mic is not really what I perfer better then CS... I'm not talking about Social interaction, games aren't for chatting. Its for playing and having a good time.

None.

Sep 25 2007, 3:02 am Esponeo Post #74

I never play console FPS online. When I said real social interaction I literally meant REAL SOCIAL INTERACTION, like, in-person. Funny that you would make that mistake though.

None.

Sep 25 2007, 3:07 am InsolubleFluff Post #75

Unreal Tournament (for xbox) is so much fun, Counter strike is pretty fun, but Gunz is more fun... Halo 2 could be considered linear in the perspective that the storyline is ever getting better in a linear growth form.

None.

Sep 25 2007, 3:08 am WMK Post #76

Quote from Esponeo
I never play console FPS online. When I said real social interaction I literally meant REAL SOCIAL INTERACTION, like, in-person. Funny that you would make that mistake though.
I don't wanna waste my time on a flame war. I'm just wondering what makes a game like Halo 3 better then a game like Unreal Tournament 2004 or Quake 3 Arena? I play LAN with my buddies on my laptop.

You have never played Halo2 online? Its a nightmare, I didn't think that many kids with 13 year old voices would pop up, but it happen and they started talking shit and damn was it annoying. But it basicly feels like any other FPS online game I play.

EDIT: I love Gunz the Duel, its orginal and takes some wasd skill XD!

None.

Sep 25 2007, 3:18 am InsolubleFluff Post #77

Gets boring quickly though.

None.

Sep 25 2007, 3:47 am WMK Post #78

I'm going scream something stupid to halo 3 fans like MasterChief dies in the ending at blockbuster! XD. I'm leaving in 10 mins to go.

None.

Sep 25 2007, 5:49 am brutetal Post #79

lol That ending was so foreshadowed xD I saw it comming at the end of Halo 2.

None.

Sep 25 2007, 6:04 am Ryan Post #80

Yes, you are indeed cool WMK.

In my opinion, I think Halo 3 is going to be a great game. It may not have a great storyline such as Half-Life, but it's still an OK storyline. The gameplay is all that matters, nobody's gonna buy Halo 3 just so they can play the campaign over and over again. You know why Halo 2 has been such a hit? Because people love the gameplay over Xbox Live.

And could anybody please inform me about this "copycat FPS" crap? Support weapons weren't very original in Half-Life to begin with. Support weapons are supposed to help normal infantry get into the battlefield by keeping the enemy at bay, and that's how it is in real life. I don't think Half-Life invented Support weapons and then the military decided to copy them.

Quote from WMK
I congrats them for there good skill and good play.
Cut the bullcrap, we all know that you get pissed whenever you hear the enemy scream "BOOM HEADSHOT".

Quote from Sie_Sayoka
what would float my boat is to have playable characters from all races,

And yes, you can have characters from all races. You can be a Spartan, a Marine, an Elite or the Flood. I believe. :P

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Sep 25 2007, 6:16 am by Anonymous.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 68 >
  Back to forum