Staredit Network > Forums > Games > Topic: Halo 3
Halo 3
Aug 28 2007, 10:37 pm
By: Vi3t-X
Pages: < 1 « 4 5 6 7 8 >

Sep 27 2007, 2:28 am WMK Post #101

I just played Halo 3 at my friends house today. I was sadly disappointed.

Reasons:
-very little recoil for almost every gun (no recoil for assault rifle :/)
-Graphics are mucky.
-Doesn't feel very different from original in gameplay. (New weapons and gadgets help, but still.)
-Try going in the water with any vehicle, looks pretty real water huh?
-You are slow and your rifle kills like bam easy shot!

Good Reasons:
-Controls are good
-Detail in graphics are well done

Conclusion: I'm not trying to say its a bad game, but its too overhyped. It deserves some attention, but not that many players... It gets an 8/10 but not perfect for a Console game. But if it comes out for PC, it deserves to die then.

None.

Sep 27 2007, 3:18 am InsolubleFluff Post #102

Halo 2 was overhyped too.

None.

Sep 27 2007, 4:21 am blacklight28 Post #103

OMG! I WANT TO PLAY SO BAD!

None.

Sep 27 2007, 5:31 am KrayZee Post #104

Quote from Esponeo
Just beat Halo 3 and had been playing four hours of LAN multiplayer. No -real- spoilers here but the feint of heart may not wish to read anything.

Campaign? Ridiculously awful. Worst motherfucking shit ever. The entire time I kept saying to myself "I can't wait until things get really interesting." They never did. You spend barely 90 minutes fighting pussy covenant bastards who don't put up a fight at all. The Brutes are weaker than they were in Halo 2 and their AI is terrible. Bungie spent all this time talking about all the cool new Brute behavior and tactics and vehicles and all of that is over and done with before the game even starts. After those 90 minutes are up, you never see the Covenant again. You spend the next six hours fighting nothing but the Flood. Now, you may have heard that the Flood are a little different than they used to be. They are a little different. They're actually more annoying to fight then ever since they rarely use guns, and you constantly find yourself out of ammo. I spent a good two hours doing nothing but melee flood with the butt of my rifle.

As for the actual story, there are a ridiculous amount of continuity errors from the previous games. Which is funny, because those concessions don't help the story at all. By the time you get to the end of the game, numerous characters have made sudden reappearances and are then killed off in the dumbest, most anti-climactic ways that it hurts. The worst part is.. absolutely nothing is resolved and none of the story transitions make any sense. Nothing is ever explained, the world is just suddenly mysteriously different with no explanation why. Fucking awful...

The multiplayer? Well, things are a little different now. You move a little bit slower and weapons do a little bit more damage. The Assault Rifle you start with is like a Battle Rifle that is automatic and does twice the damage. You'll rarely find yourself putting it down. I've been playing the campaign all day, so I'm pretty familiar with the new controls and the changes to weapons as well as the new equipment. I've got two friends who, in Halo 2, I could easily go 25-0-0 against right now. We played four games of Halo 3, and we added on another guy who had never played any Halo before in his life. The scores of the games were all about 25-22-20-18. This goes back to what I was saying about moving slower and weapons doing more damage. If someone sees you, you're fucked. Very rarely did anyone escape after being shot at. Perhaps that will change, but as first impressions go that is pretty fucking ridiculous that someone who has never played any Halo before is right in the tails of people who have.
Either you obviously didn't knew Halo 2's storyline or you just couldn't understand the concept of the storyline. Remember, the campaign missions were all quallity made, nothing was quantity but the amount of enemies they sent in. Coming from a reality check, the Ark is a real place but doesn't have any forerunner technology on it and Bungie tries to pull off by comparing reality to Halo 3. Don't play Normal and Easy difficulties, play Heroic if you happen to play a lot of FPS and Legendary if you have that many patience in survival.

The multiplayer, you might as well play Forge and change the way you play. There are man cannons to speed up travel, obviously. The "Equipments" is what changed Halo 2's core gameplay in Halo 3. Go and make your own game varient and add speed, gravity, specific weapons, vehicles and respawn points to your satisfaction. Hell, go edit the weapon's rounds and damage to your liking.

If you still think Halo 3 sucks, tell that to millions of players that plays it. It's frankly impossible to have them change their mind.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Sep 27 2007, 5:54 am by KrAzY. Reason: blah

None.

Sep 27 2007, 5:52 am KrayZee Post #105

Quote from WMK
-Try going in the water with any vehicle, looks pretty real water huh?
Wait, what? Then you haven't seen any ripple effects when a vehicle turns in the water or how an explosion and bullets reacts to the water. That's one of the things that Bungie is most proud of in graphics. The only way it was disappointing is that 'gases' and 'explosions' goes through anything. It's not like GRAW 2 where you don't have any fog going through buildings and floors.

None.

Sep 27 2007, 10:21 am Fierce Post #106

I have the game staring at me now, but I have the 3 red rings so I'm having to turn it back in.

None.

Sep 27 2007, 11:36 am mikelat Post #107

http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/5402/128304fullgo9.jpg

My awesome driving that saved me and my friend on coop (the ground exploded and I swerved at the last second).

The game is terrific. I enjoy the halo series but I'm not a fanboy. I consider it just one of many games I enjoy to play. It is perhaps a bit over hyped, but not by too much.

None.

Sep 27 2007, 6:16 pm KrayZee Post #108

If only I had an Xbox 360, I would've became one of your first co-op partner. The best part is that you don't need that expensive capture card to have screenshots and videos on your computer.

None.

Sep 27 2007, 8:01 pm InsolubleFluff Post #109

I forgot if terrific is good or bad >.<!

None.

Sep 27 2007, 9:43 pm Fisty Post #110

I ddnt read the
Quote from KrAzY
Quote from Esponeo
Just beat Halo 3 and had been playing four hours of LAN multiplayer. No -real- spoilers here but the feint of heart may not wish to read anything.

Campaign? Ridiculously awful. Worst motherfucking shit ever. The entire time I kept saying to myself "I can't wait until things get really interesting." They never did. You spend barely 90 minutes fighting pussy covenant bastards who don't put up a fight at all. The Brutes are weaker than they were in Halo 2 and their AI is terrible. Bungie spent all this time talking about all the cool new Brute behavior and tactics and vehicles and all of that is over and done with before the game even starts. After those 90 minutes are up, you never see the Covenant again. You spend the next six hours fighting nothing but the Flood. Now, you may have heard that the Flood are a little different than they used to be. They are a little different. They're actually more annoying to fight then ever since they rarely use guns, and you constantly find yourself out of ammo. I spent a good two hours doing nothing but melee flood with the butt of my rifle.

As for the actual story, there are a ridiculous amount of continuity errors from the previous games. Which is funny, because those concessions don't help the story at all. By the time you get to the end of the game, numerous characters have made sudden reappearances and are then killed off in the dumbest, most anti-climactic ways that it hurts. The worst part is.. absolutely nothing is resolved and none of the story transitions make any sense. Nothing is ever explained, the world is just suddenly mysteriously different with no explanation why. Fucking awful...

The multiplayer? Well, things are a little different now. You move a little bit slower and weapons do a little bit more damage. The Assault Rifle you start with is like a Battle Rifle that is automatic and does twice the damage. You'll rarely find yourself putting it down. I've been playing the campaign all day, so I'm pretty familiar with the new controls and the changes to weapons as well as the new equipment. I've got two friends who, in Halo 2, I could easily go 25-0-0 against right now. We played four games of Halo 3, and we added on another guy who had never played any Halo before in his life. The scores of the games were all about 25-22-20-18. This goes back to what I was saying about moving slower and weapons doing more damage. If someone sees you, you're fucked. Very rarely did anyone escape after being shot at. Perhaps that will change, but as first impressions go that is pretty fucking ridiculous that someone who has never played any Halo before is right in the tails of people who have.
Either you obviously didn't knew Halo 2's storyline or you just couldn't understand the concept of the storyline. Remember, the campaign missions were all quallity made, nothing was quantity but the amount of enemies they sent in. Coming from a reality check, the Ark is a real place but doesn't have any forerunner technology on it and Bungie tries to pull off by comparing reality to Halo 3. Don't play Normal and Easy difficulties, play Heroic if you happen to play a lot of FPS and Legendary if you have that many patience in survival.

The multiplayer, you might as well play Forge and change the way you play. There are man cannons to speed up travel, obviously. The "Equipments" is what changed Halo 2's core gameplay in Halo 3. Go and make your own game varient and add speed, gravity, specific weapons, vehicles and respawn points to your satisfaction. Hell, go edit the weapon's rounds and damage to your liking.

If you still think Halo 3 sucks, tell that to millions of players that plays it. It's frankly impossible to have them change their mind.
For fear of spoilers...

It actually sounds wicked regardless...and I enjoy having to get used to a game, helps my friends catch up (I have never lost a game of Halo to them before).

None.

Sep 27 2007, 10:31 pm Esponeo Post #111

I've played Halo 1 and Halo 2's campaigns numerous times over. I've read all the books. I know every piece of the story that has transpired before Halo 3. The game does not make sense. They were not quality made, and the "quantity" you speak of is a lie. Bungie claimed the Battles were bigger than ever, this is simply not true. They are the same size as they always were. I played through on Heroic and beat it in 7 hours, first try.

The multiplayer, you might as well play Forge and change the way you play. There are man cannons to speed up travel, obviously. The "Equipments" is what changed Halo 2's core gameplay in Halo 3. Go and make your own game varient and add speed, gravity, specific weapons, vehicles and respawn points to your satisfaction.
All of this is fine but... (read the next point)

Hell, go edit the weapon's rounds and damage to your liking.
You can't edit weapon damage or clip size.

The game just came out. I think you'll need to give it a little more time before fans start reacting to the campaign. And most people who play the game still think Halo 1 and Halo 2 make absolutely no sense, even though virtually everything about the game is explained by Cortana as you walk around.

The multiplayer is growing on me. Some of the maps are just fucking terrible, they're all out in the open and there are no pre-placed weapons so everyone just gets Assault Rifle kills. I realize I can change this, and intend to do so.

My main complaint is the terrifyingly awful single player. It is not "overhyped", it is significantly worse than everything that came before.

None.

Sep 27 2007, 10:43 pm KrayZee Post #112

Quote from Shocko
I forgot if terrific is good or bad >.<!
Terrific is good, Terrible is bad.

None.

Sep 29 2007, 6:37 am Esponeo Post #113

If anyone wants to play some time my gamertag is Esponeo

None.

Sep 29 2007, 4:19 pm Loser_Musician Post #114

Halo 3 is fun as hell. No real reason to really knock it.

Creator of Death Knights Trilogy.

Newest Game: http://store.steampowered.com/app/684000/Wooden_Ocean/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/

Sep 30 2007, 12:27 pm Fisty Post #115

No doubt about it...and w/ 4 player coop i wont have to do odd man out.

None.

Oct 2 2007, 10:21 pm blacklight28 Post #116

4 player coop is only on system link or xbox live, it sucks, too bad you can't all play on one 360.

None.

Oct 2 2007, 10:50 pm Golden-Fist Post #117

Master Chief Dies.

EDIT:

Spoilers.

None.

Oct 2 2007, 10:55 pm ToA Post #118

Que Sera, Sera.

I Played halo 3 today, its good but feels more like halo 2 with a few more thing and better graphics.

Oct 2 2007, 11:48 pm blacklight28 Post #119

Golden-Fist, if that's true someone should ban you from SeN.

None.

Oct 3 2007, 12:09 am Fisty Post #120

GOLDEN FIST **** YOU I REALLY WANTED THE STORY TO BE HALF DECENT THIS TIME AND YOU SPOILED IT DUMBASS

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 4 5 6 7 8 >
  Back to forum