Staredit Network > Forums > Games > Topic: Halo 3
Halo 3
Aug 28 2007, 10:37 pm
By: Vi3t-X
Pages: < 1 2 3 48 >

Aug 29 2007, 11:35 am Kusion Post #21

I'd rather not get Halo 3 for the XBOX, and wait until it comes out for Windoze. Games are so much better on a PC.
So true. But wait another year to playz it?

Ehhhh... I'll just borrow my friends copy :P

None.

Aug 29 2007, 1:31 pm Matt Burch Post #22

I can't wait 8 years until this will be made for mac. :D Halo 2 should be out for mac soon.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 29 2007, 1:31 pm by O)Matt_Burch.

None.

Aug 29 2007, 2:12 pm KrayZee Post #23

If Halo 3 is coming to the PC, that would be two to three years by now. And Halo 2 isn't made for Mac, only exclusively to Windows Vista. There's a Map Editor, if anybody is interested.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 29 2007, 2:12 pm by KrAzY.

None.

Aug 29 2007, 5:35 pm Rawk_Flare Post #24

Yea I liked Star Wars Battlefront more on the PC than the Xbox or the PS3 :P

None.

Aug 29 2007, 6:57 pm Xx.Doom.xX Post #25

It's a little overrated, but you have to admit it's going to be good.

The pistol is always fun to use in Halo, but without Xbox Live, it's not very fun unless you have a party.

None.

Aug 29 2007, 7:34 pm Matt Burch Post #26

Halo 2 will be modified for mac though.

None.

Aug 30 2007, 12:54 am Sie_Sayoka Post #27

what would float my boat is to have playable characters from all races, the ability to pilot pelicans and phantoms and to have a survival type multiplayer game where you defend against as much computers as you possibly can.

None.

Aug 30 2007, 1:49 am KrayZee Post #28

Quote from Sie_Sayoka
what would float my boat is to have playable characters from all races, the ability to pilot pelicans and phantoms and to have a survival type multiplayer game where you defend against as much computers as you possibly can.
I don't think so, despite the fact that Bungie announced Halo 3 has gone gold today.

None.

Aug 30 2007, 3:38 am Dr. Shotgun Post #29

Quote from KrAzY
Actually if anybody knew, Halo 3 is actually setting the bar. There's the Map "Editor" (Not Map Maker), named as Forge while editing and playing online at the same time from editing boxes and weapons to respawn points. There are save film features, that is a replay system and a way to record without Capture Card and the ability to upload screenshots on your Xbox 360 and bring it to Bungie.net from wallpapers to glitches.
And also, they have "Equipments" used by the X button and this would remind you a lot from real time strategy games like the Bubble Shield is to the Defiler's Swarm but that's only one example. They have more weapons, and "support" weapons (Which was taken from FarCry) that allows the player to detach turrets, use a flamethrower and such. The "New" weapons and vehicles are more like "Pre-covenant". Plus Bungie is trying to keep everything balanced out.

It isn't overrated, infact they think outside the box. I would say, overhyped.

You realize this is ALL stuff that has been on PC games since the dawn of time? Besides simultaneous editing and playing, and that will be available in UT3 and Crysis.

It looks like Halo with some new weapons slapped on. Nothing too great is added in terms of gameplay, notihng that could play a revolutionary role, like Half-Life 2's gravity gun. and in terms of pure multiplayer fun, nothing can beat Unreal Tournament 3.

None.

Aug 30 2007, 4:27 am KrayZee Post #30

Quote from Doktor Shotgun
Quote from KrAzY
Actually if anybody knew, Halo 3 is actually setting the bar. There's the Map "Editor" (Not Map Maker), named as Forge while editing and playing online at the same time from editing boxes and weapons to respawn points. There are save film features, that is a replay system and a way to record without Capture Card and the ability to upload screenshots on your Xbox 360 and bring it to Bungie.net from wallpapers to glitches.
And also, they have "Equipments" used by the X button and this would remind you a lot from real time strategy games like the Bubble Shield is to the Defiler's Swarm but that's only one example. They have more weapons, and "support" weapons (Which was taken from FarCry) that allows the player to detach turrets, use a flamethrower and such. The "New" weapons and vehicles are more like "Pre-covenant". Plus Bungie is trying to keep everything balanced out.

It isn't overrated, infact they think outside the box. I would say, overhyped.

You realize this is ALL stuff that has been on PC games since the dawn of time? Besides simultaneous editing and playing, and that will be available in UT3 and Crysis.

It looks like Halo with some new weapons slapped on. Nothing too great is added in terms of gameplay, notihng that could play a revolutionary role, like Half-Life 2's gravity gun. and in terms of pure multiplayer fun, nothing can beat Unreal Tournament 3.
Uh, how can you tell me this? I'm an Unreal Tournament player since 1999 and I know a lot from Unreal Tournament III. Don't try and speak up, because it looks like you didn't even read anything I wrote. Reread what I wrote. Plus, I played FarCry (Both PC and Console Versions, except Wii), the predecessor of Crysis. Halo 3 didn't just slap new weapons in, read what I wrote!

None.

Aug 30 2007, 5:43 am thefatkid Post #31

Quote from KrAzY
If Halo 3 is coming to the PC, that would be two to three years by now. And Halo 2 isn't made for Mac, only exclusively to Windows Vista. There's a Map Editor, if anybody is interested.
I remember when halo was exclusive for xbox, then halo2 exclusive for xbox.

edit: Also, the awesomeness of ut3 depends on the modders/how many go to it imo.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 30 2007, 5:46 am by thefatkid.

None.

Aug 30 2007, 1:55 pm KrayZee Post #32

Quote from thefatkid
Quote from KrAzY
I remember when halo was exclusive for xbox, then halo2 exclusive for xbox.

edit: Also, the awesomeness of ut3 depends on the modders/how many go to it imo.
It sucks that it isn't part of the Xbox 360, unless we're going to have a load amount of download content.

None.

Aug 30 2007, 4:05 pm Andman3000 Post #33

There will be a ton of downloadable stuff by the community. Whats does that mean? You can post your forge edits,saved film, and Im sure something else for everyone to see.

Bungie will also have a top 24 slot of bungie favurites.

I cant wait until I make some maps people made for SC. Like cat and mouse, maybe helms deep, some sort of football game and of course, WAkka WakkA.

None.

Aug 31 2007, 7:00 am SteamBoy Post #34

dude, halo is halo, Halo 1-2 where both good, i mean great, it's just fun, every game has there hype, most rpg's i play the trailor is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy better then the actual game and I end up quiting that game kuz it sucks.

so yha, hype is what it is.

I think personally, im not going to know until I actually play it, same with you guy's, it's like judging a girl before you talk to her, you don't know who she is until you talk with her.

=]

HALO 3 for the win.

None.

Aug 31 2007, 8:35 am LoveLess Post #35

Let me show you how to hump without making love.

h3 is just really fast-paced, yet involve some strategy, not purely tricks.

its the console UT

None.

Aug 31 2007, 10:59 am BeDazed Post #36

UT was never the same as Halo series. You guys are talking wierd. ;\ If you've played every single one of those games, they are ALL different atleast in some aspects. If you play UT and Halo, you won't get the same feeling or any of the sort like "playing the same game"

None.

Aug 31 2007, 4:23 pm Aoe325 Post #37

Quote from BeDazed
UT was never the same as Halo series. You guys are talking wierd. ;\ If you've played every single one of those games, they are ALL different atleast in some aspects. If you play UT and Halo, you won't get the same feeling or any of the sort like "playing the same game"

Yes its true its not the same universe, feeling, gameplay at all. Yet these are the 2 best FPS I know for each of these platforms (UT 99 And Halo). The game is fast paced you run straight into the action, are not limited by "realist" features like sniper moving by itself difficulty to turn quick or anything. In both of the game there are several weapons that take great skills to master, and it allows player duels that can last for minutes before one kill is made (I'm speaking of face to face combat here, not the complete game). In these games if a player is skilled enought he can take on many many enemies at once (1v5 CTF in halo is lots of fun when you're in the 1 team and are an awesome player :) ) There are many ways to explain what I'm saying but the point is that even if the games are different they represent the same thing and serve the same purpose

None.

Aug 31 2007, 9:17 pm Dr. Shotgun Post #38

There's the Map "Editor" (Not Map Maker), named as Forge while editing and playing online at the same time from editing boxes and weapons to respawn points.
Map editors have been around for ages on the PC, and play-while-edit is going to be in the UnrealEd 3 and Crysis' mapmaking utility.
There are save film features, that is a replay system and a way to record without Capture Card and the ability to upload screenshots on your Xbox 360 and bring it to Bungie.net from wallpapers to glitches.
Screenshots and replays are hardly "setting th bar".
And also, they have "Equipments" used by the X button and this would remind you a lot from real time strategy games like the Bubble Shield is to the Defiler's Swarm but that's only one example.
Basically- some creative weapons.
They have more weapons, and "support" weapons (Which was taken from FarCry) that allows the player to detach turrets, use a flamethrower and such. The "New" weapons and vehicles are more like "Pre-covenant". Plus Bungie is trying to keep everything balanced out.
"Taken from FarCry" explains a lot here. This can fall under "New weapons."

I'm not denying that Halo is good, it's just that it seems overhyped and overrated when people think that it's revolutionary or "outside the box". You want to know what games thought outside the box? Spore, BioShock, Deus Ex, System Shock 2, those are games that thought outside the box.

Even Starcraft didn't really think outside the box, besides some of the creative mechanics (Zerg Hatcheries, Pylons, etc.), there wasn't much original about it. It was just a good example of its kind.

Unfortunately, I don't think I can say Halo 3 is the best in either multiplayer or single player. Gimme the Orange Box anytime.

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Sep 1 2007, 6:20 am by Doktor Shotgun.

None.

Aug 31 2007, 10:06 pm ToA Post #39

Que Sera, Sera.

Unfortunately, I don't think I can say Halo 3 is the best in either multiplayer or single player. Gimme the Orange Box anytime.

*Hug*

:D Yay agreement

Aug 31 2007, 10:50 pm KrayZee Post #40

"Taken from FarCry" explains a lot here. This can fall under "New weapons."

I'm not denying that Halo is good, it's just that it seems overhyped and overrated when people think that it's revolutionary or "outside the box". You want to know what games thought outside the box? Spore, BioShock, Deus Ex, System Shock 2, those are games that thought outside the box.

Even Starcraft didn't really think outside the box, besides some of the creative mechanics (Zerg Hatcheries, Pylons, etc.), there wasn't much original about it. It was just a good example of its kind.

You STILL didn't reread what I wrote. StarCraft is made in 1998, do you really think they have out-of-the-box ideas back then? In StarCraft 2, you see a lot of things dramatic comparing to the original.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 48 >
  Back to forum