diferent grps for heros?
Once you've got the program, you'll need to get a patch. download it from the page first, then extract the files into the main directory of the downgrader. Then run the "SDD3 Patch Installer.exe".
After that, you should be able to choose the patch you installed in the main prog.
to change the directory to downgrade, change the configuration file (so you can have 2 scs)
edit: what mpq? did you use the 1 i linked 2?
This post was edited 1 time, last edit by someone09: Aug 29 2007, 11:09 pm.
Yes, Farty's Downgrader works well, and is a good program.
Another VERY simple method is to just manually copy/paste older version patch_rt.mpq, starcraft.exe, and storm.dll files to your starcraft folder as you need them. Here is how you would do this:
1. Download the necessary patches from Blizzard OLD PATCHES HERE.
2. Start w/ the lowest patch, and each time you upgrade copy/paste the 3 files starcraft.exe, patch_rt.mpq and storm.dll from your SC directory into a new folder w/ a name that represents that version. i.e. 1.10, 1.11, 1.13 etc. including the current 1.15.1 folder.
3. Copy/paste these folder's contents to your Starcraft directory when you want to downgrade/upgrade.
* To start w/ a lower patch you may need to DELETE your current patch_rt.mpq AND manually extract a lower version starcraft.exe from your CD from install.exe (You'll see it way down at bottom of list. Mine is archived v105\starcraft.exe.) Obviously you only have to do this once, or you can reinstall as well to get to a lower starting version.
* if you plan to play multiplayer games w/ downgraded versions you should also copy the files standard.snp and battle.snp as well.
Post #28 DT_Battlekruser Sep 1 2007, 4:54 am
Post #29 RoryFenrir Sep 1 2007, 5:59 pm
Also if for whatever reason you can't get a downgrader to work and the above instructions for deleting you current "patch" seem a bit complicated, you can always "downpatch" to version 1.07. That Blizzard patcher is the exception and will allow you to downgrade from a higher version. From there you can "upgrade" to any version you want. Also Blizzard Maps will work in 1.10 if you use the official patcher.
BTW here is Blizzard's indexed patch page.
Sorry I was confusing. Blizzard's 1.07 patcher allows you to downgrade without reinstalling SC (answer to your post #24) From there you can upgrade to any version you want via Blizzard's patchers or copy/paste method I described. v1.07 patcher can be run from higher versions and is the exception.
Also if you patch using blizzard's patchers, 1.10 Blizzard maps will be playable/recognized by SC. Most downgraders such as Farty's will not.
I only brought this up because for whatever reason Rory couldn't get the downgrader to work and this is a non-3rd party solution. It may seem a bit round-a-bout, but it is quite simple. No setup is required. No .bat files, no 2nd directory, no reg edits etc, no problems upgrading back to current SC, no problems w/ maps etc, etc.
This post was edited 1 time, last edit by bajadulce: Sep 20 2007, 7:31 am.
0 members in this topic (italic members are currently writing a reply): None
NudeRaider -- *fts
NudeRaider -- tfs has been around here a while ago. Afaik he never had another name or if he did it was a really long time ago and I forgot
Dem0n -- ;o
Wing Zero -- lotusblue id fortheswarm AKA ?????
Dem0n -- who the fuck is lotusblue then
Wing Zero -- I'm sure fortheswarm was named something else before, cause i don't remember that name