Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Production > Topic: Mercenaries FFA
Mercenaries FFA
Sep 20 2008, 3:43 am
By: l)ark_ssj9kevin  

Sep 20 2008, 3:43 am l)ark_ssj9kevin Post #1

Just here for the activity... well not really

After like, 2 years of making horrible stuff that I never finish, I finally found something I'll work on.
Mercenaries FFA has gameplay based off Blizzard's Mercenaries I and II. (They were Maps of the Month)
If you havent played it, here's what came off of the SCWiki:
The players are given a choice as to how difficult they wish the mission to be. A more difficult mission has more difficult opponents, but also results in the players being given more resources.

Then each player is given a recruiter and a choice of four mercenary groups. (The map actually has eight mercenary groups, but four are randomly selected to be available for the mission.) Each player can only select one mercenary group, and cannot "share" a group with another player.

Each mercenary group has a leader (a modified hero unit) and a trio of special units that correspond to a regular unit. After selecting the mercenaries, the player is granted the leader and the three special units, and the player receives four workers and a town center for the race (effectively playing that race, even though they are treated as Terran for game purposes). Whenever a regular unit of the special unit type is made, that unit is immediately replaced by a special version of that unit at no cost, providing a valuable boost to the player's forces. Furthermore, "spellcasting" special units automatically start with full energy and all special abilities (including energy upgrades).

The players start at locations near the center of the map, while the enemy forces occupy large bases at the corners of the map.

The player, symbolized by a civilian, can select from nine groups of "gruesome" mercenaries; each player can only select one mercenary group, and cannot "share" a group with another player. Each mercenary group has a leader (a modified hero unit) and a pair of special units that correspond to a regular unit. After selecting the mercenaries, the player is granted the leader and the two special units, and the player receives four workers and a town center for the race (effectively playing the race, even though they are treated as Terran for game purposes). Whenever a regular unit of the special unit type is made, that unit is immediately replaced by a special version of that unit at no cost, providing a valuable boost to the player's forces. Furthermore, "spellcasting" special units automatically start with full energy and all upgrades, and the Tycho Reaver is produced with ten scarabs as well.

The terrain is xKrayZee's "Dark Temples", with the middle modified a little.
The Heroes [Green = Done, Red = Not Done]

Nova[Ghost] + Elite Marines [Marines]
Jim Raynor[Goliath] + "Raiders" [Tanks]
Deadly One[Zergling] + Hunter Killers [Hydralisks]

Artanis[Templar] + Twlight Archons[Archons]
Mengsk[Vulture] + Confederate Vessels[Science Vessel]
Torrasque[Ultralisk] + Torraqueens[Queens]
Zeratul[Scout] + Dark Arbiters[Arbiter]
Kukulza[Mutalisk] + Guardians of the Swarm[Guardian]

Ehh, more information when I'm near completing this.
I've only got 3/8 of the heroes, not to mention I have to duplicate some triggers =C.
Oh, and since SeN requires screenshots,

Prepreprepreprepre-Alpha menu. Due to change eventually.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Sep 20 2008, 6:21 pm by l)ark_ssj9kevin.

guy lifting weight (animated smiley):

O-IC
OI-C

"Oh, I see it"

Sep 20 2008, 4:05 pm Biophysicist Post #2

Nova[Ghost] + Ghosts [Marines, actually]

Can you explain this? Do you mean that the player who chooses Nova gets Raynor Marines when they build normal Marines, or that they get Raynors when they build Ghosts? (I hope you didn't pick the second one... that would be weird...)

And why is Artanis a Templar? Why is Zeratul a Scout? Why is Mengsk a Vulture?

Btw, I wouldn't call the hero Queens "Torraqueens"... It sounds weird. How about calling them "Aberrations"?

None.

Sep 20 2008, 6:20 pm l)ark_ssj9kevin Post #3

Just here for the activity... well not really

Okey, you know those Diplomacy maps where you build something and it turns into something else? Yeah.
And the rines are named Ghosts because it kinda fit's Nova as the hero, But now thats too confusing and I'm changing it to "Elite Marine"
And the odd naming is for epic lulz. :P

guy lifting weight (animated smiley):

O-IC
OI-C

"Oh, I see it"

Options
  Back to forum