Staredit Network > Forums > Games > Topic: StarCraft: Ghost
StarCraft: Ghost
Sep 20 2008, 12:57 am
By: New-Guy  

Oct 9 2008, 8:34 pm Darkmapper Post #21

Quote from chuiu
Quote from Darkmapper
Quote from Zycorax
Why can't they just make it for computer? It's way easier to control shooting games on and it's always "new"!

i think it will be better cause of the graphic of the nex.gen consoles. And its even more fun, when i can play it with a Xbox 360 as with the computer. I have a dual processor PC and good graphiccard but when i play BF i have to switch to the lowest quality. :crazy: so is the Console idea much better i think. ( or on both, who knows?)
Graphics on the 360 are already outdated. I just rebuilt my computer essentially for $350 (mobo, memory, GPU, hard drive, and CPU) and I can run games that look and play better than their console counterparts (COD4 and Bioshock are two examples) and I can play games that can't be ported to the 360 without losing graphics quality (Crysis).

Not going to talk about the PS3, no one really knows where its limits lie yet because the 360 is holding it back in a lot of games.

Yea as you said PCs CAN be upgraded to be better as 360 but you said you paid 500$ and a XBox360 Premium costs 399$ i think. :wtfage: i must say that this Xbox live shit sucks... The best would it be, if it comes to consoles AND Pc ^^

None.

Oct 9 2008, 8:51 pm chuiu Post #22

Point out where I said I payed $500 and where I said the word 'upgraded'. Also please note that online play on a PC requires no subscription fee like xbox live.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Oct 9 2008, 8:58 pm by chuiu.

None.

Oct 9 2008, 9:47 pm Hercanic Post #23

STF mod creator, Modcrafters.com admin, CampaignCreations.org staff

Of course Starcraft: Ghost isn't cancelled. Just like Warcraft Adventures.

Oct 10 2008, 8:08 pm DaltonSerdynski Post #24

What I thought was the problem was that te story line looked confusing and other than that the muti- player was way different from the story or SC:GHOST and that it was about the edge of xbox 360 when they discovered that xbox was weak and no use to make a game for old gen console and figured it would of bein a big loss on there part. Gotta think when xbox 360 was commin out they were trying to make sc ghost for xbox.

terrible timing PLUS like one of you said I can't remember they didn't make much progress if you watch the starcraft documentary the guys who made the world of star craft were fucken lazy saying they didn't have enough time or they slacked off and weren't able to add what they wanted. So what do you aspect?

None.

Oct 10 2008, 9:36 pm chuiu Post #25

I think you're completely wrong. And they weren't making the game for just the Xbox, it was for all consoles. I'm pretty confident they canceled the game because it either didn't meet up to their standards (lol) and/or they were getting too much "WHERE THE FUCK IS STARCRAFT 2" hate mail.

None.

Oct 10 2008, 10:09 pm Madroc Post #26

Oh man, I hope they are still working on it. All the previews looked absolutely amazing.

Although I think I like SC and Diablo more because of the interaction with other people, so I suppose their decision made sense?

None.

Oct 16 2008, 10:43 pm Syphon Post #27

Quote from Zycorax
Why can't they just make it for computer? It's way easier to control shooting games on and it's always "new"!

It wasn't going to be a FPS?

None.

Oct 16 2008, 11:41 pm Fisty Post #28

Quote from Syphon
Quote from Zycorax

It wasn't going to be a FPS?
The word "Shooting" doesn't necessarily mean it will be a FPS. WHat he means ( I think) is that it's easier to control any game with the ability to shoot in it on the PC.

None.

Oct 17 2008, 12:02 am chuiu Post #29

IMO its easier to control third person games with a controller (ie platformers or 3ps) but there are a handful of 3ps games that play exactly like FPS games so those work better on PC (Mass Effect is one that comes to mind).

None.

Oct 17 2008, 2:34 am Vi3t-X Post #30

Diablo.

None.

Oct 17 2008, 4:39 pm Zycorax Post #31

Grand Moderator of the Games Forum

Quote from Hercanic
Of course Starcraft: Ghost isn't cancelled. Just like Warcraft Adventures.
The story in Warcraft Adventures actually became a part of the WC3 campaign if I remember right. So perhaps the Starcraft: Ghost story becomes a part of the Terran campaign in SC2?

When it comes to FPS/TPS games on consoles, the crosshair always seem to slide too short or past the target and it takes longer time to re-adjust the crosshair when you first miss, compared to with a mouse. At least it is so for me. Other people who are used to play that sort of games on consoles would off course say something else, but overall aiming is easier with a mouse.

Oct 19 2008, 4:36 pm Devourer Post #32

Hello

Quote from New-Guy
I was looking at Wikipedia, and it said "Although Blizzard Entertainment refuses to list it as such, many of the industry's journalism outlets such as IGN and GameSpot now list Ghost as cancelled."

A little before this it was talking about how Blizzard was investigating " seventh generation video game console possibilities."

Could Blizzard possibly still be working on SC:G, and maybe for the Wii, X-Box 360, and PS3? Might it still come about?

maybe.... that could be a reason why is starcraft2 prgress so lame :flamer: :flamer: hopefully for 360 :)
starcraft ghost remembers me to Halo [with these (awesome designed) vehicles :)]

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Oct 29 2008, 7:37 am DevliN Post #33

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

StarCraft: Ghost was scrapped. They actually start and throw out a ton more games than people realize.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Options
  Back to forum