Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Setting Building hp %
Setting Building hp %
Sep 18 2008, 5:20 am
By: Oyen  

Sep 18 2008, 7:58 pm Viett Post #21

You can mark buildings still under construction:

Every X seconds (should be under the minimum build time for a building):

Center Location around 1 building owned by current player

Then:

If current player brings one building to location,
Give building to P12
Repeat

If current player brings no building to location,
Set some deaths to 1, leave the location there until:

If some deaths are 1, current player brings building to location,
Set HP to 50%

The point here is that buildings under construction can have locations centered on them, but cannot be detected with "bring". I can imagine you can copy and paste these triggers, and use deaths to count up to allow for multiple location to be used and mark multiple bulidngs at once. Copying these triggers would also help them run faster.

None.

Sep 18 2008, 9:43 pm NudeRaider Post #22

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Quote from MindArchon
Wouldn't a terran player just repair his buildings anyway? It doesn't seem very plausible to try to implement this.
He didn't say anything about terran. :P
Also repair costs time and money. So if he chooses to repair he still has some disadvantage.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Sep 18 2008, 10:21 pm by NudeRaider.

Sep 19 2008, 11:36 am rockz Post #23

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

Heres two ideas I haven't thought out:

Can you detect when a building is being built? Like using command/bring etc...

Perhaps you could move a burrowed zergling underneath the building to tell it that the building has been set to 50%.

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Sep 19 2008, 9:09 pm PCFredZ Post #24

The problem is that you can't cycle through buildings AND use those buildings for research/building units at the same time.

Oyen, I've asked you in my first post to clarify why you want buildings to be built at 50% hp. Would you care to answer it now?

None.

Sep 19 2008, 10:04 pm Falkoner Post #25

You could move burrowed units under the buildings and then cycle through those. And if the number of buildings is greater than those above the zerglings, then you cycle through, still creates problems, but it's not constant at least.

None.

Sep 19 2008, 10:33 pm PCFredZ Post #26

Quote from Falkoner
You could move burrowed units under the buildings and then cycle through those. And if the number of buildings is greater than those above the zerglings, then you cycle through, still creates problems, but it's not constant at least.
So every time you build a building, all other buildings stop research/building units. Magnificent.

None.

Sep 19 2008, 11:29 pm Fwop_ Post #27

You don't have to give the buildings, just the burrowed units. But still, Terran buildings can be lifted and moved away.

None.

Sep 19 2008, 11:36 pm Kaias Post #28

Quote from Fwop_
You don't have to give the buildings, just the burrowed units. But still, Terran buildings can be lifted and moved away.
No, because you wouldn't be able to get to the building that didn't have the burrowed unit (AKA hasn't been set to 50% yet) without giving buildings

None.

Sep 19 2008, 11:51 pm rockz Post #29

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

make triggers for each building, ie commands 1 barracks, commands 2 barracks, commands 3 barracks, up until like 20 or so, then limit new barracks. Stick a ling underneath all of them on each one if they don't have a zergling underneath them already, and set it to 50%. You'd still have to give away the barracks, but only each time you actually BUILD a barracks, unless you build to the left of the barracks.

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Sep 20 2008, 5:41 pm Falkoner Post #30

So every time you build a building, all other buildings stop research/building units. Magnificent.

Like I said, it still has problems, but it's better than checking every 20 seconds or whatever.

None.

Sep 20 2008, 5:49 pm New-Guy Post #31

Well, a possible way to do this would to have a 3x3 location or so, and use this:
[*]All Players
[*]Always
[*]Move Location to "Corner"

Have the Corner be some location in a spot on the map that can't be built on.
After you do this you could put:

[*]All Players
[*]Bring 1 [any building] to Anywhere
[*]Center Location on Building

And you could have the Location always set building's HP to 50%.
This might cause some messes, but it could work if there are enough buildings....

None.

Sep 20 2008, 5:58 pm PCFredZ Post #32

Quote from Falkoner

Like I said, it still has problems, but it's better than checking every 20 seconds or whatever.
Yeah I know what you mean, but the problems created are too crucial to ignore. Imagine you're playing a melee map and everytime you build a new Gateway, all your other Gateways stop making units... :><:

Quote from New-Guy
Well, a possible way to do this would to have a 3x3 location or so, and use this:
[*]All Players
[*]Always
[*]Move Location to "Corner"

Have the Corner be some location in a spot on the map that can't be built on.
After you do this you could put:

[*]All Players
[*]Bring 1 [any building] to Anywhere
[*]Center Location on Building

And you could have the Location always set building's HP to 50%.
This might cause some messes, but it could work if there are enough buildings....
This won't work at all. Starcraft isn't yet advanced enough to actually work the way we want it to.

None.

Sep 20 2008, 6:07 pm Oyen Post #33

Wow. I didn't think people were still hard at work trying to figure out a solution for this. Thanks for all the effort.
consider this a regular melee map with buildings that get stronger over time. Other details are not important.
As time goes on, the amount of hp each building is built with, increases.
0:00 - 15:00 minutes - Buildings are built with 50% hp
15:00 - 30:00 minutes - Buildings are built with 75% hp
30:00+ minutes - Buildings are built with full hp

I also edited the hp for all the buildings so that 50% of their max hp is the normal amount that the buildings start with in regular melee.

Hope any of this info helps.

None.

Options
  Back to forum