Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: vHP Zerglings Unburrowing
vHP Zerglings Unburrowing
Aug 7 2008, 5:51 am
By: Madroc  

Aug 7 2008, 11:49 pm KyleIs1337 Post #21

You can use lurkers as they won't unburrow. But if they are attacked by a cloaked unit they will however, unburrow.

None.

Aug 8 2008, 12:13 am Kaias Post #22

Quote from NudeRaider
P12 is not automatically enemy. You have to give the unit to an enemy of yours first. Alliances, like colors, are retained upon giving to P12.
Note, that this the only case where units owned by the same player can have different alliance statuses.
Sorry I forgot to make that distinction.

None.

Aug 8 2008, 1:30 am Falkoner Post #23

P12 is not automatically enemy. You have to give the unit to an enemy of yours first. Alliances, like colors, are retained upon giving to P12.
Note, that this the only case where units owned by the same player can have different alliance statuses.

Also note that when you change the alliance of the player that gave the unit to P12, the alliance of that unit also changes.

None.

Aug 8 2008, 1:46 am BiOAtK Post #24

I think it won't unborrow, did you test for yourself? And everyone here has some cool things.

None.

Aug 8 2008, 2:07 am StrikerX22 Post #25

Let me get this straight... you think it won't unburrow?

Be more specific, please. Whether he's tested it himself or not, the concepts here have been tested my multiple people, and some things do unburrow in certain circumstances listed here.

But you were right about the cool things. I could comment on my cool things, but i'm lazy.

None.

Aug 8 2008, 9:48 pm Dungeon-Master Post #26

I made a perfect vHP once, it made unit slow just a bit, once every second aproximately, and it used lings for all players. The problem was, it needed a computer for each palyer so it was limited to 3 players :-_-:

But would the attack priority be the same for the ling and the devouring one, if both got same life/dammage and the researches are disabled?

None.

Aug 8 2008, 11:06 pm NudeRaider Post #27

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Quote from Dungeon-Master
I made a perfect vHP once, it made unit slow just a bit, once every second aproximately, and it used lings for all players. The problem was, it needed a computer for each palyer so it was limited to 3 players :-_-:

But would the attack priority be the same for the ling and the devouring one, if both got same life/dammage and the researches are disabled?
The rule of thumb I mentioned refers to the unit's original stats and is programmed into the engine. Changing stats of units in your map doesn't change attack priorities.
Also regular units are favored above their hero counterparts.

Quote from StrikerX22
Let me get this straight... you think it won't unburrow?
I've recently tested lurker's burrowing behavior:
http://www.staredit.net/76158/

Aug 8 2008, 11:44 pm Dungeon-Master Post #28

So lets say... you attack the poor computer with a normal zergling with 9999 life and 0 dammage and a devouring one with 1 hp ad 9999 dammage, and the computer will attack the normal zergling?

None.

Aug 9 2008, 10:58 am NudeRaider Post #29

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

As I said. This priority is given. You cannot do anything about it.
And like you may have noticed when playing sc the attack ai does not strictly stick to it. There are many factors that may make you unit attack one that has lower priority. A high priority simply improves the chance that the unit will be attacked first, but it's no guarantee.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 9 2008, 11:03 am by NudeRaider.

Aug 10 2008, 10:20 pm StrikerX22 Post #30

Nude, I was referring to the post above me, that said "I think it won't unborrow, did you test for yourself? And everyone here has some cool things." ...hence my entire post being a reference to it. I myself had just tested lurker unburrow as well, as discussed on the first page.

None.

Options
  Back to forum