Staredit Network > Forums > Staredit Network > Topic: 'Op MapNight'
'Op MapNight'
Jul 30 2008, 10:14 pm
By: KrayZee
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 >

Sep 8 2008, 9:31 pm Centreri Post #61

Relatively ancient and inactive

I haven't been here in a while, so..
The goal is to gather everyone allowing them to play what they want except Phantom or any way of overplaying the same map over and over again. Map Night back then was like this, just without the Phantom prohibition. Yet the definition of split that I'm talking about is that the Map Night that Centreri was somehow 'in charge' is a Map Night that splits everyone apart by not liking what is going on. Not a two separate maps being hosting on Map Night kind of split.

Remember, Phantom is open to eight slots and as always, Centreri always plays it six to seven players and giving himself a free expedition site for his satisfactory. Not only that but dragging six to seven players to the same map over and over again will "SPLIT" Map Night and there's either going to be a long stalemate lasting for hours or Centreri is the remaining winner.
I don't ban people to force six or seven people. If it's a full house, it's a full house. If it's five, it's five. I also host plenty of games like Tron, Uberena, Aerial Combat, Particle Arena, Island Invasion, RFC and a ton of others. Seriously, Krayzee, get some better arguments. If a lot of people are against Phantom, I don't host it. If people want it, like RIVE or Brontobyte, then I play it. Just because you don't like a map doesn't make it evil.
Actually yesterday was an improvement. Before yesterday it was all "OMG HOST PHANTOM HOST PHANTOM HOST PHANTOM" type of thing.

Although I did not approve of one individual for hacking, insulting, hosting a game where he will suddenly wins, constantly hosting by not giving others a chance to host at least two to three times, was banned. Hacking in Map Night?
Thanks for proving my point. People were yelling 'OMG HOST PHANTOM'? I wasn't there. IF PEOPLE ARE YELLING IT, IT MEANS THEY WANT TO PLAY IT. It's a pretty simple concept. And you keep saying 'They don't want to play it...' :lol:

1. No hacking at all. Never, or you are banned from Op MapNight.
2. Stop host hogging. You are not special, anyone can host as long if they don't keep hosting constantly leaving others not able to host.
3. Don't host the same map over and over again. It's going to get old quick.
4. Ignore those independent players trying to steal the spotlight and dragging you to another channel by calling it "Mod Night", the channel is Op MapNight and that is where you SHOULD stay.
5. Don't host a map where you alone are most likely to win against everyone else.
1: You should let 'planned hacking' work, though. So we can abuse maps and stuff.
2: Stop joining my maps.
3: If people want something, I'll host it. That simple.
4: op SEN ftw.
5: Why the hell not? If I win at Phantom, it's because I kick ass at it. You haven't given a really good reason for me having any advantage anyway. Other then 'knowing the players', but if I know them, they know me as well and there are more of 'em.

I won't stop hosting Phantom, but I can tone it down if you want, Krayzee. But for the love of god, stop moving it to random channels or I'll kick your ass at some map and then run around typing 'OMG KRAYZEE SUXXXX'. I'm warning you :P. My monopoly on hosting seems a bit like a dictatorship, since when I left Map Night seemed to have broke :omfg: . If you fix it, I'll play nice.

None.

Sep 8 2008, 9:43 pm ClansAreForGays Post #62

Good points, but I host plenty too. The masses like math///tub better than cent/reri

Sep 8 2008, 9:50 pm Centreri Post #63

Lies. Once I get back to map night, the amount of cents on the interbattlenets shall show you your place! :omfg:

None.

Sep 8 2008, 9:57 pm Symmetry Post #64

Dungeon Master

Quote from ClansAreForGays
Good points, but I host plenty too. The masses like math///tub better than cent/reri

math//tub? Wtf?

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Sep 8 2008, 10:48 pm KrayZee Post #65

Quote from Xx.Doom.xX
I'm not even sure what all the fuss is about Phantoms...
Before I made Op MapNight, Centreri constantly hosts the map every Friday night. Which actually defeats the purpose of Map Night.
The only reason to add an additional moderated channel is to ban/exclude people from map night.
Not true. My bot will be there to accompany the players, I'm only willing to kick if anyone gets on my nerves or pissing others off.

Centreri, you are really late to respond to all of this.

Quote from Centreri
I don't ban people to force six or seven people. If it's a full house, it's a full house. If it's five, it's five. I also host plenty of games like Tron, Uberena, Aerial Combat, Particle Arena, Island Invasion, RFC and a ton of others. Seriously, Krayzee, get some better arguments. If a lot of people are against Phantom, I don't host it. If people want it, like RIVE or Brontobyte, then I play it. Just because you don't like a map doesn't make it evil.
What? When I returned to StarCraft and try to participate in Map Night, all I ever seen is Phantom this and Phantom that. Then Uberena, then Phantom again. A lot of people are AGAINST Phantom, leaving them unattended to Map Night. It's obvious, if they see the same map over and over again and if they don't like it, they're not going to bother to participate. To be honest, when I 'revived' Map Night, there were people that never bothered playing Phantom with you.
Quote from Centreri
Thanks for proving my point. People were yelling 'OMG HOST PHANTOM'? I wasn't there. IF PEOPLE ARE YELLING IT, IT MEANS THEY WANT TO PLAY IT. It's a pretty simple concept. And you keep saying 'They don't want to play it...' :lol:
I don't see that happening, you're just dragging them along by the time you login on a Friday night, you immediately ask everyone in your friends list, including me, to play Phantom. How can you not know that?

Quote from Centreri
1: You should let 'planned hacking' work, though. So we can abuse maps and stuff.
5: Why the hell not? If I win at Phantom, it's because I kick ass at it. You haven't given a really good reason for me having any advantage anyway. Other then 'knowing the players', but if I know them, they know me as well and there are more of 'em.
1. No, it ruins it. If it isn't the way how the map works and only a single individual or another is hacking, only they have the benefits of having fun and will ruin others.
2. You constantly ask everyone in your friends list?
3. As I said, as soon as you login on Battle Net, you immediately ask everyone to play Phantom on a Friday Night.
4. I already explained about that.
5. I know the way how you play, you generally start the game with six players every single time. With six players, that leaves two extra expedition sites, in which you are one of the first players to immediately take hold of. The only expeditions everyone else would take are either in front of their base or the center. Secondly, you're going to know everyone in Map Night, thus you already know their strategy. Plus since you ask everyone in your friends list to join, it would be the same people over and over again.

Quote from Centreri
I won't stop hosting Phantom, but I can tone it down if you want, Krayzee. But for the love of god, stop moving it to random channels or I'll kick your ass at some map and then run around typing 'OMG KRAYZEE SUXXXX'. I'm warning you :P. My monopoly on hosting seems a bit like a dictatorship, since when I left Map Night seemed to have broke :omfg: . If you fix it, I'll play nice.
Sigh. You are starting to piss me off. And I don't think "Op MapNight" is a random channel despite it is called MAP NIGHT. And your cockiness? Come on, stop acting like a douchebag. And I have fixed Map Night, but my absence has worn off Map Night. That's what I'm trying to fix for now.

None.

Sep 8 2008, 10:52 pm Demented Shaman Post #66

Quote from KrayZee
Quote from Xx.Doom.xX
I'm not even sure what all the fuss is about Phantoms...
Before I made Op MapNight, Centreri constantly hosts the map every Friday night. Which actually defeats the purpose of Map Night.
The only reason to add an additional moderated channel is to ban/exclude people from map night.
Not true. My bot will be there to accompany the players, I'm only willing to kick if anyone gets on my nerves or pissing others off.

Centreri, you are really late to respond to all of this.

Quote from Centreri
What? When I returned to StarCraft and try to participate in Map Night, all I ever seen is Phantom this and Phantom that. Then Uberena, then Phantom again. A lot of people are AGAINST Phantom, leaving them unattended to Map Night. It's obvious, if they see the same map over and over again and they don't like, they're not going to bother to participate. To be honest, when I 'revived' Map Night, there were people that never bothered playing Phantom with you.
Quote from Centreri
I don't see that happening, you're just dragging them along by the time you login on a Friday night, you immediately ask everyone in your friends list, including me, to play Phantom. How can you not know that?

Quote from Centreri
1. No, it ruins it. If it isn't the way how the map works and only a single individual or another is hacking, only they have the benefits of having fun and will ruin others.
2. You constantly ask everyone in your friends list?
3. As I said, as soon as you login on Battle Net, you immediately ask everyone to play Phantom on a Friday Night.
4. I already explained about that.
5. I know the way how you play, you generally start the game with six players every single time. With six players, that leaves two extra expedition sites, in which you are one of the first players to immediately take hold of. The only expeditions everyone else would take are either in front of their base or the center. Secondly, you're going to know everyone in Map Night, thus you already know their strategy. Plus since you ask everyone in your friends list to join, it would be the same people over and over again.

Quote from Centreri
Sigh. You are starting to piss me off. And I don't think "Op MapNight" is a random channel despite it is called MAP NIGHT. And your cockiness? Come on, stop acting like a douchebag. And I have fixed Map Night, but my absence has worn off Map Night. That's what I'm trying to fix for now.
Fuck you
op SEN > op MapNight

A lot of people are AGAINST Phantom, leaving them unattended to Map Night. It's obvious, if they see the same map over and over again and they don't like, they're not going to bother to participate.
Fuck them. They're dumbasses if they don't bother to host the map they want to play. If people want to play a map then they can play it. If other people don't want to play that map then they can play another map.

None.

Sep 8 2008, 10:54 pm KrayZee Post #67

God damn it, devilesk. By the time of my absence, Map Night went DOWN HILL since it has became apart of Op SEN again.

None.

Sep 8 2008, 10:56 pm Demented Shaman Post #68

Quote from KrayZee
God damn it, devilesk. Ever since my absence, Map Night has been going DOWN HILL since it has been on Op SEN again.
Post hoc ergo propter hoc.

The channel doesn't make a fucking difference and has nothing to do with the decline of mapnight. If you think your absence has something to do with it then just come back, but do whatever the fuck you did at op MapNight at op SEN.

None.

Sep 8 2008, 11:01 pm KrayZee Post #69

Quote from name:Mayor
The channel doesn't make a fucking difference and has nothing to do with the decline of mapnight. If you think your absence has something to do with it then just come back, but do whatever the fuck you did at op MapNight at op SEN.
Fine, if you want it Op SEN, so be it.

None.

Sep 8 2008, 11:05 pm Falkoner Post #70

2. Stop host hogging. You are not special, anyone can host as long if they don't keep hosting constantly leaving others not able to host.
4. Ignore those independent players trying to steal the spotlight and dragging you to another channel by calling it "Mod Night", the channel is Op MapNight and that is where you SHOULD stay.
5. Don't host a map where you alone are most likely to win against everyone else.

Wow, you have got to be kidding me, you just got mad at me because it was your first time playing Sim Castles, and you suddenly blamed all your reason for being mad on my hacking.

1. The channel is useless anyway, and on Map Night I don't use maphack, or any other hack that would ruin the game, I admit to using host hack every once in a while for the lulz, but I don't run around banning everyone for no reason.
2. You tried hosting a map, people decided to join mine, the more popular one usually ends up getting everyone, as the other one gives up and joins it.
3. Depends on the map, if people want it more, I'll host it more, apparently it isn't old if they want it again.
4. Once again, a useless channel, not to mention you banned me just because it was the first time you ever played in a map, why should I join a channel where the operator is being retarded?
5. And AGAIN, you only say this because you lost that one game of Sim Castles, you generally have an advantage if you've played the map before, if this rule was applied, it would be extremely difficult to host new maps.

Seriously, I can't believe you got so worked up over one little game.

None.

Sep 8 2008, 11:05 pm Centreri Post #71

Fantastic. I'll ignore your stupid arguments in the above posts. Op SEN ftw.

None.

Sep 8 2008, 11:06 pm Falkoner Post #72

I'd say the only reason so many people came that night, was because of the publicity this topic added to Map Night, I'm fairly certain it won't happen again.

None.

Sep 8 2008, 11:09 pm KrayZee Post #73

Quote from Falkoner

Wow, you have got to be kidding me, you just got mad at me because it was your first time playing Sim Castles, and you suddenly blamed all your reason for being mad on my hacking.

1. The channel is useless anyway, and on Map Night I don't use maphack, or any other hack that would ruin the game, I admit to using host hack every once in a while for the lulz, but I don't run around banning everyone for no reason.
2. You tried hosting a map, people decided to join mine, the more popular one usually ends up getting everyone, as the other one gives up and joins it.
3. Depends on the map, if people want it more, I'll host it more, apparently it isn't old if they want it again.
4. Once again, a useless channel, not to mention you banned me just because it was the first time you ever played in a map, why should I join a channel where the operator is being retarded?
5. And AGAIN, you only say this because you lost that one game of Sim Castles, you generally have an advantage if you've played the map before, if this rule was applied, it would be extremely difficult to host new maps.

Seriously, I can't believe you got so worked up over one little game.
1. Fine. Let Map Night be Map Night was it COULD be, not what it SHOULD be.
2. You don't give them a chance?
3. Oh really? The people in Op MapNight that day, I don't believe they think the same map over and over again were appealing.
4. Retarded? You on the other hand was a fucking asshat.
5. No, it's not because of Sim Castles. :-_-:

Okay, I'm not going to make Op MapNight ever again and I'm not stupid to see what will happen on Op SEN. So be it.

None.

Sep 8 2008, 11:14 pm Falkoner Post #74

2. You don't give them a chance?

Say you want to host a map, I didn't just run over people, and if I did, it was only because everyone else wanted me to host again.

3. Oh really? The people in Op MapNight that day, I don't believe they think the same map over and over again is appealing.

Then why did they join?

4. Retarded? You on the other hand was a fucking asshat.

Were*
How so? Go into a little more detail than idiotic name-calling.

5. No, it's not because of Sim Castles. :-_-:

Oh really, then what was the reason? Because you stopped joining my games after that.

None.

Sep 8 2008, 11:15 pm KrayZee Post #75

Don't bother asking questions that anyone with a logical mind asking it can answer themselves.

None.

Sep 8 2008, 11:26 pm Falkoner Post #76

If you're going to bother posting, answer my questions rather than trying to step around them. Not to mention the second one was rhetorical.

None.

Sep 8 2008, 11:27 pm KrayZee Post #77

Quote from Falkoner
If you're going to bother posting, answer my questions rather than trying to step around them.
Why would I bother messing around? You asked me questions that anyone can answer if it is relevant...

None.

Sep 8 2008, 11:28 pm Falkoner Post #78

No, no one can answer those questions except yourself, unless someone has the ability to read your mind, as the last two questions were based on your feelings.

I'm not going to bother posting if you keep dancing around instead of answering what I ask.

None.

Sep 9 2008, 1:43 am MillenniumArmy Post #79

I hate Phantom maps when Russians host them.

Jk. I dunno about this, but it seems like UnholyUrine's map Temple Siege is getting quite popular among SENers. I haven't played battle.net in a while though (because my internet keeps fucking me up for some reason). But I say maps like temple siege and stuff are good to play. However the most important thing to realize is that no matter which map we play, they should under no circumstances be overplayed or hosted numerous times (hence why phantom and uberena are so hated now.) Variety is key to fun mapnights.

None.

Sep 9 2008, 2:38 am Falkoner Post #80

Well, my main peeve with Phantom is that you can go and play it with pubbies anytime you want, I come to map night to play maps that I would have difficulty getting public players to play with me, at least properly anyway.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 >
  Back to forum