Staredit Network > Forums > Serious Discussion > Topic: Obama or McCain?
Obama or McCain?
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Jul 4 2008, 6:22 am
By: MillenniumArmy
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 637 >

Polls
Who would you pick?
Who would you pick?
Answer Votes Percentage % Voters
Obama 100

80%
None.
McCain 26

21%
None.
Please login to vote.
Poll has 126 votes. You can vote for at most 1 option(s).

Jul 6 2008, 4:02 pm KrayZee Post #61

Quote from Zell.
yea I meant CIA,
Did you or did you NOT? If ever, you even know what CIA are for.
Quote from Zell.
That doesn't mean they couldn't get some? I trust the fucking CIA over you anyday.
I don't think you do... despite the arguments that you have set up here.
Quote from Zell.
I didn't say that I said it would make us look bad?? cuz it does?
Punctuate properly, please. Because that is almost hardly understandable.
Quote from Zell.
You quoted me wrong GJ.
Who cares? :lol:
Are you trying to start an another off topic argument?
Quote from Zell.
You didn't finish that, and I didn't say that low approval ratings make a good ratings, I'm just saying it doesn't makes him bad. Its not a horrid argument because its not an argument. Its a statement showing even one of the greatest presidents had low approval ratings which was implied not argued.
... :lol: ...

Quote from Zell.
Ya thats partially the concept of democracy, but I think it was Ben Franklin who said that common people shouldn't even be allowed to vote. The smart people should run the country, but way to twist my words and mock me anyway. I seem to disagree with a pure democracy i believe it is. If 100000000 million people voted for one law and 4 smart guys voted another law I think the second law should be passed. Democracy means rule by many, not rule by everybody. I think all the smart people should be put into government to make descisions, I know myself that I, my teachers at school, and my parents don't know SHIT about politics or whats going on they don't care. I don't think they need to vote. So yea I would prefer a president that didn't listen to the majority of Americans just the smartest your right. I like how you turned that into dictatorship so you could mock me more. Says a lot about you.

Anyway does anyone know the potential vice presidents??
Since how did Benjamin Franklin entered the discussion about voting. The citizens of the United States only voted for George W. Bush because of 9/11 and declare war upon Afghanistan and the theory of the weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. No one found any weapons of mass destruction and regretted to vote for Bush. Think twice, Zell.

And you'd rather have DIck Cheney left as President? Vice Presidents are only they to become President is whenever the actual President is not in office where either a wanting retirement, assassinated, recalled election (Maybe), or any other particular reason.
Quote from Zell.
LOL trusted news networks.
Okay, you just sounded a lot more ridiculous than ever. Go away. Keep watching lies and always make things up in your brain. That is, if you have one.

None.

Jul 6 2008, 4:36 pm WoAHorde Post #62

Quote from Falkoner
Seriously, who would be a BETTER president??

Romney :)

Romney was a joke. He puts religion before issues, like Huckabee.

None.

Jul 6 2008, 4:37 pm Falkoner Post #63

Is that really a problem when it's a good religion? :P

None.

Jul 6 2008, 4:45 pm Centreri Post #64

Relatively ancient and inactive

Yes.

None.

Jul 6 2008, 5:14 pm WoAHorde Post #65

Quote from Falkoner

Is that really a problem when it's a good religion? :P

There are no good religions, I'll leave it at that. Religion needs to stay out of government.

None.

Jul 6 2008, 5:17 pm Falkoner Post #66

All of our best presidents have been extremely religious men, I guess this just shows what kind of turn the world is taking.

None.

Jul 6 2008, 5:39 pm BiOAtK Post #67

Back when we still had good presidents, most everyone was religious.

None.

Jul 6 2008, 5:45 pm KilaByte Post #68

Quote from Echo
I agree that we should stay in the war against terror. I rather be in war than be a sitting duck waiting for the terrorists to attack again. It's funny how most of the people who are against the war didn't do their research and most of them never had relatives who got killed in 9/11.

What exactly did Iraq have to do with 9/11 again?

None.

Jul 6 2008, 6:01 pm KrayZee Post #69

Quote from Falkoner
All of our best presidents have been extremely religious men, I guess this just shows what kind of turn the world is taking.
Explain about Franklin D. Roosevelt, Theodore Roosevelt, George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, Andrew Jackson, John F. Kennedy and Dwight D. Eisenhower. There are more US President to be mentioned, but I'll have to check the top ten of valued Presidents by the citizens of the United States.

Quote from Anonymous
True.

None.

Jul 6 2008, 6:10 pm WoAHorde Post #70

Quote from Falkoner

George Washington may have been an atheist.

None.

Jul 6 2008, 7:06 pm MillenniumArmy Post #71

Quote from WoAHorde
Quote from Falkoner

George Washington may have been an atheist.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Washington#Religious_beliefs
If there is anything to debate about, it would be whether he's closer to a deist than a christian.

None.

Jul 6 2008, 7:31 pm MillenniumArmy Post #72

Quote from KrayZee
Quote from Falkoner
Explain about Franklin D. Roosevelt, Theodore Roosevelt, George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, Andrew Jackson, John F. Kennedy and Dwight D. Eisenhower. There are more US President to be mentioned, but I'll have to check the top ten of valued Presidents by the citizens of the United States.
FDR was Episcopalian.
Teddy was Dutch reformed.
George washing was christian. One may try to debate whether he's deist
Abraham Lincoln never really affiliated himself with any major sect of religion. But he still attended church and believed in the Calvinistic "doctrine of necessity."
Andrew Jackson is presbyterian
JFK made US history by being the first catholic president.
Eisenhower, originally was jehova's witness but then turned presbyterian.

Now the degree to how religious these men were during their terms in office can be debated. However it's best if they kept their religion out of government. Not for the government''s sake, but for religion's sake. Mixing government with religion will only lead more people into preaching corrupt religion teachings (i could care less if religion is mixed with government because government IMO is already corrupt no matter what we mix it with). And if you want a perfect example of this, look at Barrack Obama's trinity church pastor.

None.

Jul 6 2008, 7:42 pm Demented Shaman Post #73

And nowadays candidates won't just go out and say I'M ATHEIST and use that to promote themselves, because they'd be losing out on votes of people like Falkoner and other people who would just be like OMG HE'S ATHEIST, HE'S GOING TO LEAD US TO HELL. :rolleyes: We still live in Jesusland.

None.

Jul 6 2008, 7:43 pm Doodan Post #74

Quote from Anonymous

Riiight. No matter what time in history, every president had his own group of haters. Lincoln, the "best president ever" (I do agree with that statement, for the record) was so controversial that his election was the catalyst for the nation splitting apart. If you think Bush is controversial now, well, you have no idea how bad it can get. Just because history has shown some presidents to be good, during their time in office many were bitterly hated.

None.

Jul 6 2008, 7:51 pm Brontobyte Post #75

I want McCain to win but I think the fact that the majority of the black minority will be backing Senator Obama in his race to the White House simply to get a black President into the office, which is by no means, even a decent reason to vote for someone.

None.

Jul 6 2008, 7:53 pm MillenniumArmy Post #76

Quote from Doodan
Quote from Anonymous

Riiight. No matter what time in history, every president had his own group of haters. Lincoln, the "best president ever" (I do agree with that statement, for the record) was so controversial that his election was the catalyst for the nation splitting apart. If you think Bush is controversial now, well, you have no idea how bad it can get. Just because history has shown some presidents to be good, during their time in office many were bitterly hated.
What i seemed to have realized is that people always think that their current presidents are terrible and that the past presents were so much better. Remember back when he had bill clinton? After the scandal and then the ensuing impeachment, people were all over his ass saying that he was such a terrible president. Even after the gore/bush election, when people were mad about how bush won, they'd then say "Well at least he's better than clinton." I feel as though the same thing will happen with Bush.

None.

Jul 6 2008, 7:53 pm WoAHorde Post #77

Why do you want McCain? I doubt you own a corporation or are extremely rich.

None.

Jul 6 2008, 7:55 pm Brontobyte Post #78

Quote from WoAHorde

I like his values. The fact that he was a POW, and that he was held captive and survived means that he has good, or at least, better then average leader skills, and leader skills usually lead to being good at leading. :rolleyes:

None.

Jul 6 2008, 7:56 pm BiOAtK Post #79

Quote from Brontobyte
Quote from WoAHorde

I like his values. The fact that he was a POW, and that he was held captive and survived means that he has good, or at least, better then average leader skills, and leader skills usually lead to being good at leading. :rolleyes:
They wouldn't keep alive someone who wouldn't give out information, which results in deaths of GIs.

None.

Jul 6 2008, 8:00 pm Brontobyte Post #80

Quote from Anonymous
Quote from Brontobyte
Quote from WoAHorde

They wouldn't keep alive someone who wouldn't give out information, which results in deaths of GIs.

How would you know this? Whats to say that they just held him captive for some security? Its not always this way but how would you know? :-_-:

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 637 >
  Back to forum