(4)Top Up
Sep 8 2007, 1:52 pm
By: Tazzy
Pages: < 1 2 3 >

Sep 15 2007, 12:34 pm Tazzy Post #21

Long forgotten founding member :P

The main reason for the middle is I like battles. I want all four players to battle it out in the middle for the 4 Expos there. Hopefully it would work out like that.

Long forgotten founding member of sen

Sep 15 2007, 12:41 pm Forsaken Archer Post #22

Two players might go for the middle...
Anyone who gets there after that would just be committing CC/Nexus/Hat suicide.
That's how I see it.

None.

Sep 15 2007, 1:16 pm Tazzy Post #23

Quote from isolatedpurity
Two players might go for the middle...
Anyone who gets there after that would just be committing CC/Nexus/Hat suicide.
That's how I see it.

Well maybe, But maybe it would force people to Expand fast? I dont know im not a melee player. But ill see what I can do :)

Sep 15 2007, 1:24 pm Co2Noss Post #24

Quote from isolatedpurity
I don't like how much focus there is in one part of the map (the center)... to a degree. I would rather have those minerals split up to be 1 on the left middle and 1 on the right middle.

I agree with him there... better layout, plus it makes the game a bit more interesting

None.

Sep 15 2007, 2:03 pm Tazzy Post #25

Hmmmm, alright. I'll re-work the middle.

Sep 15 2007, 3:20 pm AntiSleep Post #26

Move that lone gas to the main, and replace it with a min only(2 gas main, min only nat), and try to clear the middle a bit more. Also the corner island expos need some salt to prevent float cc, because they are very close to and easily defended from drops by the main.

None.

Sep 15 2007, 3:49 pm Forsaken Archer Post #27

Maybe just kill that gas all together, make it mineral only, and add a gas or two in the middle?

None.

Sep 15 2007, 4:20 pm AntiSleep Post #28

I am not liking those middle expos right now, it obstructs too much

None.

Sep 15 2007, 4:28 pm Tazzy Post #29

Well i have updated the map now.

I do not have a screen shot at the moment but should do by tomorrow.

Sep 15 2007, 7:36 pm Tazzy Post #30

Any better?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Sep 29 2007, 10:23 am by Tazzy.

Sep 15 2007, 10:54 pm MNeox Post #31

I still think the main's mineral expansion should be jsut a little bit closer to the actual main base.

None.

Sep 16 2007, 2:00 am Excalibur Post #32

The sword and the faith

Just for you Tazzy, heres what this map needs:

The mains are too small and have a bridge right in the middle of where you'd be building. Losing your choke shouldnt mean the end of the game and it really would on a map like this. The islands are oddly shaped and way too small, also have no blocking mineral to prevent CC float. The bridges are WAY too wide for a main base choke, possibly fine for a natural choke, and further there really isnt a natural on this map. Thats a very bad thing to have without an alternative, which would be a very hard one to make. I feel its still too tight in the mid too. Also lacks expansions. The little 4 mineral thing at the end of the main is weird and icky.

Tazzy, you really need to plan and draw out you maps before making them, as demonstrated here you were working with a bad concept to begin with.

Hope youll do better in the future and ill always be here to give further advice.

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

Sep 16 2007, 7:10 am Tazzy Post #33

Quote from Excalibur
Just for you Tazzy, heres what this map needs:

The mains are too small and have a bridge right in the middle of where you'd be building. Losing your choke shouldnt mean the end of the game and it really would on a map like this. The islands are oddly shaped and way too small, also have no blocking mineral to prevent CC float. The bridges are WAY too wide for a main base choke, possibly fine for a natural choke, and further there really isnt a natural on this map. Thats a very bad thing to have without an alternative, which would be a very hard one to make. I feel its still too tight in the mid too. Also lacks expansions. The little 4 mineral thing at the end of the main is weird and icky.

Tazzy, you really need to plan and draw out you maps before making them, as demonstrated here you were working with a bad concept to begin with.

Hope youll do better in the future and ill always be here to give further advice.

Thanks for all the advice :)

I think i'll just stick to UMS .... lol

Sep 16 2007, 12:53 pm Tazzy Post #34

Ok this is the last and final update, ive taken 2 players out and changed layout somewhat. If its no good, I cant be botherd with all this balance crap for each race. I'll stick to what i know....

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Sep 29 2007, 10:23 am by Tazzy.

Sep 16 2007, 1:29 pm Fisty Post #35

Very little deco eh?

Main is tankable...not good

None.

Sep 16 2007, 2:44 pm Excalibur Post #36

The sword and the faith

Well its better but it could still properly function as a (4) map now.

In any case Tazzy i think if you want to make balanced melees you need to try very basic concepts until you get better.

One of my most balanced maps (4)Iron Meld was made quite a while ago. It was basic but far more balanced than my other attempts.

The sword and the faith.

Sector 12

Sep 16 2007, 5:15 pm MNeox Post #37

The huge spaces of water on the side could have been used for an island expo.
Most 4 player maps include a main, a natural with minera;s and gas, and another just plain mineral expansion.
This tho you changed to a 2 player. Ehh... 2 player maps would have a bit more expansions, especially on a 128x128 map, and yeah I think you should take Excaliburs advise, or redo this map with a few changes.

None.

Sep 16 2007, 8:01 pm TitanWing Post #38

Gas imba and gas-only expos suck. Mains are shaped really weird, which is a bad thing and every single mineral on the map is type 3.

None.

Sep 16 2007, 9:34 pm Excalibur Post #39

The sword and the faith

Also Tazzy, if you have AIM or MSN and would like to have someone to talk to while you design your map, as i feel that would be very helpful, let me know. Id be happy to help.

The sword and the faith.

Sector 12

Sep 29 2007, 10:24 am Tazzy Post #40

I was messing around nd came up with this, I know it's prob not no where near balanced for any or all the races. But I can not seem to get any kind of balance right.... :><:

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 >
  Back to forum