Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Showcase > Topic: Texas Hold'em Poker
Texas Hold'em Poker
Aug 28 2007, 6:08 pm
By: Demented Shaman
Pages: < 1 2 3 48 >

May 20 2008, 2:22 am Atlos Post #21

Make it on installation. That way you can make those tables with extended terrain for the board.

None.

May 20 2008, 2:25 am Demented Shaman Post #22

Quote from name:Urmom(U)
Make it on installation. That way you can make those tables with extended terrain for the board.
But then I couldn't get the sexy green felt like I have on the current terrain.

None.

May 20 2008, 2:35 am lolzzzzzzzz Post #23

Cool, I'm gonna try it tonight, I'm a big fan of Poker hehe...

Great map, people loved it and wasn't hard to get full house at all (in dual meanings :D )

Here's some suggestions which will make SC Poker much like Full Tilt or Party Poker like.

-Add a best-hand show in the end to show what hand won the round. For example, put WHITE PLAYER won with a PAIR OF ACES or BLUE PLAYER won with a FULL HOUSE. A lot of times, I got people asking why did certain player won because they also had a pretty good hand.

-I know the mineral stacks means the pot but some people playing the game got confused when another player raised by an amount, they called the raise but didn't know it was a 64$ raise (it's in the leaderboard but I guess they don't look at that :crazy: ). Maybe, add it as a mineral counter in the player's resource meter?

Either way, it was a great map. Kudos man ^^

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 20 2008, 3:53 am by lolzzzzzzzz.

None.

May 20 2008, 10:39 am Demented Shaman Post #24

Quote from lolzzzzzzzz
Cool, I'm gonna try it tonight, I'm a big fan of Poker hehe...

Great map, people loved it and wasn't hard to get full house at all (in dual meanings :D )

Here's some suggestions which will make SC Poker much like Full Tilt or Party Poker like.

-Add a best-hand show in the end to show what hand won the round. For example, put WHITE PLAYER won with a PAIR OF ACES or BLUE PLAYER won with a FULL HOUSE. A lot of times, I got people asking why did certain player won because they also had a pretty good hand.
Thanks, I'm glad you like it.

I think there's already some type of showdown at the end where all the hands remaining get put on the table for the people to see, as well as a text display. Anyway, I'll be sure for the next version to make the messages clear and easy to see.
Quote from lolzzzzzzzz
-I know the mineral stacks means the pot but some people playing the game got confused when another player raised by an amount, they called the raise but didn't know it was a 64$ raise (it's in the leaderboard but I guess they don't look at that :crazy: ). Maybe, add it as a mineral counter in the player's resource meter?

Either way, it was a great map. Kudos man ^^
Yea, I'll find a way to make sure people know how much to raise by more easily.

None.

May 20 2008, 11:06 am Brontobyte Post #25

How about making a simple tutorial in the game on how to play Poker Texas Hold 'em? I know you already have a tutorial in the game, but that just shows how to use the map and what does what...

None.

May 20 2008, 6:49 pm Demented Shaman Post #26

Quote from Brontobyte
How about making a simple tutorial in the game on how to play Poker Texas Hold 'em? I know you already have a tutorial in the game, but that just shows how to use the map and what does what...
I could add that. What I was thinking before was that you should already know how to play before playing the map :bleh:

I don't think I'll make it as a tutorial you can play in the beginning that forces everyone to watch, because I'm sure most people, especially the host will already know how to play and it will be a waste of time for most people. So I think a "help" or ingame tutorial system would be better, such as something that explains certain aspects of the game such as the different betting options and how hands are ranked which can be activated by the individual and only seen by the individual.

None.

May 20 2008, 9:03 pm Brontobyte Post #27

I wish you made a blackjack game instead. I know how to play that. :bleh:

None.

May 20 2008, 9:06 pm Demented Shaman Post #28

Quote from Brontobyte
I wish you made a blackjack game instead. I know how to play that. :bleh:
Blackjack is for nubs.

None.

May 20 2008, 9:07 pm Brontobyte Post #29

I'm guessing that the "Texas Hold 'em Poker" map follows the same rules as a traditional game of Texas Hold 'em Poker.

None.

May 20 2008, 9:11 pm Demented Shaman Post #30

Quote from Brontobyte
I'm guessing that the "Texas Hold 'em Poker" map follows the same rules as a traditional game of Texas Hold 'em Poker.
No, I just made up my own rules and called it Texas Hold'em Poker. :-_-:

None.

May 20 2008, 9:25 pm Brontobyte Post #31

Quote from name:devilesk
Quote from Brontobyte

Orly? Then how do you expect some random person to know how to play your game if you made up the rules?

A simple yes or a no would of worked to you know... >:(

None.

May 20 2008, 9:35 pm Demented Shaman Post #32

Quote from Brontobyte
Quote from Brontobyte

Orly? Then how do you expect some random person to know how to play your game if you made up the rules?

I don't expect a random person to know how to play if I made up the rules.

None.

May 20 2008, 9:44 pm Symmetry Post #33

Dungeon Master

Quote from Brontobyte
Quote from Brontobyte

A simple 'playing the map' would've also been an efficient way to find the answer to your question :/

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

May 20 2008, 10:17 pm Brontobyte Post #34

Quote from name:Killer_Kow
A simple 'playing the map' would've also been an efficient way to find the answer to your question :/

I don't know how to play the map. I played it single player just to see how it works, for the most part.

None.

May 20 2008, 10:30 pm Conspiracy Post #35

:bleh: Blackjack is for nubs.

For srsly?

*hides black jack map hes been making for years* :stfu:

None.

May 20 2008, 10:56 pm Demented Shaman Post #36

Quote from Brontobyte
Quote from name:Killer_Kow

I don't know how to play the map. I played it single player just to see how it works, for the most part.
Playing it in single player doesn't tell you anything, and it certainly doesn't show you "how it works, for the most part."

None.

May 20 2008, 11:36 pm Brontobyte Post #37

Playing it in single player doesn't tell you anything, and it certainly doesn't show you "how it works, for the most part."

Well apparently you need everything spelled for you in the literal sense. :rolleyes:

What I mean by this is when I opened the map in Scmdraft 2, I placed a computer player for one of the human slots. Then I began to play the game in single player and I checked out the tutorial.

None.

May 21 2008, 1:58 am lolzzzzzzzz Post #38

I think this is worthy enough to tell you all...

I was playing this morning with this map and this guy... with red Ace and red Jack... he flopped 3 red cards and guess what, YEA, King, Queen AND 10 red... so yea, A FREAKING ROYAL STRAIGHT FLUSH! I never saw anyone flop or turn or river that freaking hand in any online game and only once when I was playing with my friends... that lucky bastardo :><:

None.

May 21 2008, 3:49 am Demented Shaman Post #39

Quote from Brontobyte

Well apparently you need everything spelled for you in the literal sense. :rolleyes:

What I mean by this is when I opened the map in Scmdraft 2, I placed a computer player for one of the human slots. Then I began to play the game in single player and I checked out the tutorial.
And just getting up to the tutorial still doesn't show you anything. :rolleyes:

None.

May 21 2008, 3:12 pm Devourer Post #40

Hello

;O i luv this....^^

between.. you are the guy who made Single Mini Defence, or?
I think, the defence units are unbalanced....

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 48 >
  Back to forum