Futbol
Aug 28 2007, 5:58 pm
By: Demented Shaman
Pages: < 1 2 3 >

Apr 30 2008, 7:53 pm Brontobyte Post #21

Quote from Paravin.
EUD's make my head swirl. Too much information!

I wish I could harness the power of EUD's. Even something simple like selecting a player. I don't even know where to begin or what to look for. :crazy:

None.

May 1 2008, 12:10 am payne Post #22

:payne:

I've played 3 games today and they were very funny, thanks for that map!
I can't wait for v2!!! :O :rolleyes:

None.

May 1 2008, 7:58 pm Impeached Post #23

Any reason why passing wouldn't work for someone? I know this one guy, only person he can pass to is himself (from keeper -> player / player -> keeper). Doesn't matter if he's purple or red. Do some computers not work with EUD clicked condition?

None.

May 1 2008, 9:44 pm SiberianTiger Post #24

I think you should have more than 3 zerglings (2 fielders, 1 goalie), and passing amongst allies would be better, more reaslitic.

None.

May 1 2008, 10:01 pm FlyingHat Post #25

If you had actually played the map you would've discovered that you can pass among allies.

None.

May 1 2008, 11:02 pm Demented Shaman Post #26

Quote from Impeached
Any reason why passing wouldn't work for someone? I know this one guy, only person he can pass to is himself (from keeper -> player / player -> keeper). Doesn't matter if he's purple or red. Do some computers not work with EUD clicked condition?
Was the person you were trying to pass to offsides?

None.

May 1 2008, 11:44 pm Impeached Post #27

No.

None.

May 2 2008, 12:07 am Demented Shaman Post #28

Quote from Impeached
No.
So even if all of his teammates are on his own half of the field he can't pass to them?

None.

May 2 2008, 12:21 am Impeached Post #29

That's right. He was the goalie, had the ball, and his teammates were nearby. He could only pass to himself. This definitely happened when he was purple, but not as sure when he was red (only played one game with him red).

None.

May 2 2008, 12:29 am Demented Shaman Post #30

Do you know the guy, or was it just someone in a public game? As of now I'm not convinced it's anything but some sort of human error.

None.

May 2 2008, 12:44 am Impeached Post #31

Well he's a clanmate of mine, so he isn't an idiot.

And he could always pass fine to himself, but not allies. It's probably something random/computer-specific.

None.

May 2 2008, 1:05 am Demented Shaman Post #32

Quote from Impeached
Well he's a clanmate of mine, so he isn't an idiot.

And he could always pass fine to himself, but not allies. It's probably something random/computer-specific.
Let's arrange a test on battle.net together.

I know macs can't use EUD's, but I think they should be dropping from the game. Yet, clearly he's not on a mac if at least passing between himself works.

None.

May 2 2008, 12:31 pm payne Post #33

:payne:

I played... again! :D
And yes, sometimes, you can pass, others, you can't. What are the conditions to make a pass? I don't even know when someone is offside...
But still, in my games, 2nd player of both teams some times had difficulties to pass to other people :O

None.

May 2 2008, 5:13 pm Oyen Post #34

Yes, me and payne publically played this a few times, and my ally said he couldn't pass the ball to me. I could pass to him, but he couldn't pass to me for some reason. This also happened with several more people we played with.

None.

May 2 2008, 5:49 pm ClansAreForGays Post #35

Your teammate is just offsides.

May 2 2008, 6:26 pm Oyen Post #36

Quote from ClansAreForGays
Are you sure? Because he couldn't pass to me even while my ling was right next to his. How can the players be "offsides"? Maybe we were both offside when he tried passing it to me?

None.

May 2 2008, 7:58 pm Demented Shaman Post #37

Quote from Oyen
Quote from ClansAreForGays
Are you sure? Because he couldn't pass to me even while my ling was right next to his. How can the players be "offsides"? Maybe we were both offside when he tried passing it to me?
Both of you could be offsides.

The condition for being offsides is that you are offsides when you are farther down the field than the last person on the other team. In other words, you are closer to the opposing goal than they are to to the goal -- their own goal.
However, you are not offsides if you are in your own half of the field no matter where the other team is on the field.

Offsides is detected using 1 tile wide columns so it may not be perfectly accurate and exact. Allow for about a one tile difference when seeing if you are offsides or not.

However, if pass isn't working and you and your teammate are both on your own half of the field then there is definitely a problem.

None.

May 2 2008, 11:58 pm Impeached Post #38

May have been offsides...I'll test more thoroughly.

None.

Dec 27 2008, 5:42 am Demented Shaman Post #39

I finally updated the EUD version so it works with patch 1.16
http://www.staredit.net/files/306/
Download/comment/rate!

None.

Dec 27 2008, 6:02 am Decency Post #40

I've always thought the game had great concepts but failed because of the shooting. If you don't have an interceptor shot, even from right next to the opponents goal you won't score on a half-decent goalie. The problem is that they can see your target equally as well as you can, and just follow it up and down. If you get an interceptor shot on the other hand, they're most likely either in the way to stop it or it'll be a goal.

One solution (provided you're willing to work out the EUD's) is the let the player shoot by selecting an egg in a [ or ] shape that represents the goal. That would become their shot, no need to burrow. You should probably make an explosion above the player or something and stop it in order to let other players know that he has shot.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 >
  Back to forum