Staredit Network > Forums > Clan Oo > Topic: Guidance
Guidance
Apr 29 2008, 1:49 am
By: xAlkalix  

Apr 29 2008, 1:49 am xAlkalix Post #1

Seeing as my whole list hopes and dreams are built around Oo and mapping, I wish to be a future member.
I've read about the whole "get a map rated, score 40+/50" and what not.
I'm working on one map atm, so far I've practically finished p1, except for a few small kinks.
Before I go ahead and copy+modify 300+ triggers for 2-3 more players, I would like to make sure the idea is good enough before wasting a lot of time on it, then having to start on another map.

I'd rather not say what the map is, because it SEEMS better than it sounds(at least IMO).

I'm having confusion on who is who in the actual Oo channel, and have no idea what-so-ever who could tell me if it would be good enough(if completed) for entry.

I don't want a guaranteed acceptance, in fact, I want to be pushed to the limits of my potential before joining.

Now that I look at my computer screen, I realize this seems rather long for such a simple request, but as I highly respect you guys I'm trying to make it sound really professional(no hax just truth).

Thanks for putting up with me in "Clan Oo" channel,
Alkali.

edit:
BTW, from the time I posted this, I probably won't be on after 30 more minutes.

None.

Apr 29 2008, 2:09 am Twitch Post #2

Well the people who can recruit are,Oo.Jamal.oO,Myself,Oo.Snipe.oO,Oo.Solar.oO,and Oo.T-Mastaa.oO.
Ask any of them when you are ready.
As far as your map goes I can't say much as I have not seen it but,it does sound interesting.Maybe Ill test when I can :).

None.

Apr 29 2008, 2:11 am xAlkalix Post #3

Sounds good...

I'll be on tomorrow around 4 EST...

If you do test it... Don't mind the minimap... I'm working with that, because my map is about twice as big as I want, and I messed up the border MAJOR, and the only way to fix it is to move 60-100 locations...

None.

Apr 29 2008, 11:45 am JamaL Post #4

Quote from xAlkalix
Seeing as my whole list hopes and dreams are built around Oo and mapping, I wish to be a future member.

That's the most important part, enthusiasm.

I'm working on one map atm, so far I've practically finished p1, except for a few small kinks.
Before I go ahead and copy+modify 300+ triggers for 2-3 more players, I would like to make sure the idea is good enough before wasting a lot of time on it, then having to start on another map.

Even if we think the idea is bad, I still suggest you finish it if you enjoy making it, because the experience is great.

I'm having confusion on who is who in the actual Oo channel, and have no idea what-so-ever who could tell me if it would be good enough(if completed) for entry.

I don't want a guaranteed acceptance, in fact, I want to be pushed to the limits of my potential before joining.

If you read our Clan's information, you'd see that First Class and up can recruit members into Clan Oo. Twitch is a special case, so I didn't expect you to know about him. Oo.Snipe.oO, Oo.SOLAR.oO, Oo.T-MaStAA.oO, Oo.Twitch.oO, and myself can be seen.

I guarantee you don't want to be pushed extremely hard, you just want in. ;]

None.

Apr 29 2008, 5:12 pm Twitch Post #5

Since when did I become special >:( ?I can handle myself just fine :P.[/offtopic][/badjoke]

Ok back on topic,anyways now you know what to do :).Also I won't be on until like 6 CST because stuff got changed around here.

None.

Apr 29 2008, 7:52 pm xAlkalix Post #6

Even if we think the idea is bad, I still suggest you finish it if you enjoy making it, because the experience is great.
I still plan on finishing it... It's just I would rather be a member and feel included because every time I start a map, I feel like it isn't top quality for acceptance so I stop it at like 70% completion and start on another one ...
This one I have NEVER heard of before... and it's a REALLY simple idea... and for how simple of an idea... it sounds really dumb... but from the work I've put into it just for one player, I feel like it shows most of my abilities.

If you read our Clan's information, you'd see that First Class and up can recruit members into Clan Oo. Twitch is a special case, so I didn't expect you to know about him. Oo.Snipe.oO, Oo.SOLAR.oO, Oo.T-MaStAA.oO, Oo.Twitch.oO, and myself can be seen.

I guarantee you don't want to be pushed extremely hard, you just want in. ;]
I want in, but I also want to do the best I can...
By nature, I am a procrastinator, and therefor if you know I can do better, I wish for you to tell me it's crap because if I get an "It's alright" response, I consider it good enough.

EDIT:

BTW, I've never used the 'RESIZE MAP' options...
Does it have any bugs(I think last time I was here like 2-3 years ago I heard about it corrupting files)

None.

Apr 29 2008, 8:13 pm Twitch Post #7

With with Scm draft 2 ver 0.8.0 the re size thing works ok aslong as you know what to re size to.I suggest saving it first and seeing what happens.

None.

Apr 30 2008, 10:04 am DevliN Post #8

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

For the right price, I'll let you in the clan.

>_>

<_<

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Apr 30 2008, 4:14 pm xAlkalix Post #9

Quote from DevliN
For the right price, I'll let you in the clan.

>_>

<_<

I've got two nickles, a nutter butter bar, and a half off coupon on your next hair cut...

None.

Apr 30 2008, 5:43 pm xAlkalix Post #10

I know I shouldn't double post, but I'm using this also as a bump so it gets noticed without making a new thread...

Do you all that played my map(I think just JamaL, twitch, and The) think that 'Hard' difficulty is necessary?
I've been playing around on easy, just looking for bugs... and the more I play it... the more I realize it's already pretty freaking hard =P

I COULD throw it in for the hell of it, but, would anybody REALLY use it...

Or I could finish it with just easy, then when I get bored one day add hard...

It won't take me that long to do... just checking for opinions...

Just, chances are, with hard being 15/25 squares = mines
That means any square you pick has a 60% chance of being a mine first hit...
That would be insane... and seeing as the objective is to win more times then your opponents.......

Thanks.

None.

Apr 30 2008, 6:59 pm Twitch Post #11

I would add hard mode but, add it a different way make a second thing thats like 20x20 and have maybe uhh 15 mines :).
Reason why I say that if(i am sure you will)you get fans they will want a hard mode :).

None.

Apr 30 2008, 7:09 pm xAlkalix Post #12

Quote from Twitch
I would add hard mode but, add it a different way make a second thing thats like 20x20 and have maybe uhh 15 mines :).
Reason why I say that if(i am sure you will)you get fans they will want a hard mode :).

20by20 is 400 squares, 15 mines is nothing =p
Thats EASIER in fact!
I may make it like 10-12 mines on the 25 square grid... that knocks it down to like a 45% chance of failure on your first square...
I've already got some terrain design ideas based around it only being 4 grids(4 players).

Oh by the way twitch and JamaL...
I went ahead and added another switch, giving 16 possible mine layouts for each difficulty... It seemed not random enough... Now, I'm left guessing a lot =o.

It seemed the mines were very clustered... so I tried to spread them out a bit, but I left some close, so that the setups are different.

Also, since my locations go in order from 1-0 to 5-4(for the grid), the 1-0(to 1-4) and 2-0(to 2-4) were being used for mines a lot more than 3-0(to5-4) because they are higher on the location list... and probably just got selected more...

I'm pretty fair-well done with player one... I've just got one more thing I can't seem to find anywhere in my triggers...

None.

Apr 30 2008, 7:30 pm Twitch Post #13

I guess I am that bad in math :(.Anyways I think you got the point?

None.

Options
  Back to forum