Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Terrain > Topic: Damn terrain...
Damn terrain...
Apr 17 2008, 1:00 pm
By: payne
Pages: < 1 « 4 5 6 7 >

May 21 2008, 2:41 am Falkoner Post #101

Man! Good work rockz! Looks great.

None.

May 21 2008, 3:05 am rockz Post #102

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

lol, all I did was mirror stickynote's. Credit goes to you bub.

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

May 21 2008, 4:25 am stickynote Post #103

Well, all I did was take the stairs from Falkoner's custom ramp compilation, changed it a little, and made it go to short cliffs.

None.

May 21 2008, 5:48 pm Falkoner Post #104

Short cliffs which are also from Wooden's interiors :P Good job mixing it though ;)

None.

May 21 2008, 9:55 pm payne Post #105

:payne:

Wow, good job on this guys!
Anyway, anyone interested into making Tristram? :D
Oh, and is it possible to make the Monastery Gate stairs transitting to temple please?

None.

May 22 2008, 1:53 am stickynote Post #106

Well, I didn't really see a lot of wooden's work, since I'm relatively new here. Can you post a picture of Tristram?

None.

May 22 2008, 3:23 am payne Post #107

http://www.seashell-collector.com/pictures/d2pic/startstprouge.jpg
http://www.seashell-collector.com/pictures/d2pic/wirt.jpg
http://newd2event.net/img/maps/act1/Tristram.jpg
That's all I found, sorry :S

None.

May 22 2008, 3:38 am stickynote Post #108

Not as much as I would like to have, but I can at least make those parts.
EDIT: Just thought about something. Can those burning buildings be units? Or do they have to be terrain with disabled and burning terran buildings?

None.

May 22 2008, 5:37 am Falkoner Post #109

Disabled burning buildings are units :P

None.

May 22 2008, 8:24 pm payne Post #110

I think I would make it so there is a terrain wall surrounding a disabled burning terran building :P

None.

May 22 2008, 10:56 pm stickynote Post #111

I know they are units; I meant that using a single unit as the buildings. Does that mean you want them to be accessable? As in you can walk inside them?

None.

May 23 2008, 12:44 am rockz Post #112

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

Simple people, think simple. A burning building will work FINE. If you don't want it selectable, disable it and it will still be visible, and burning. You can string together two factories too. People don't need to know it's "Ogden's Tavern".

Stickynote, did you play Diablo? It's virtually identical, except there's no river going through it. It would be cooler, though, to base it off Diablo.

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

May 24 2008, 10:37 pm payne Post #113

No, that's D1! I want D2 >.<
I'll maybe make out a nice map that show the place, exactly :O

None.

May 24 2008, 10:57 pm Ahli Post #114

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Can sb make that for D1?
I'm making a huge D1 map atm... (singleplayer only and lot's of sfx)
I won't have unit problems, only string problems...

May 28 2008, 1:09 am rockz Post #115

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

Quote from payne
No, that's D1! I want D2 >.<
I'll maybe make out a nice map that show the place, exactly :O
I was saying D1 is similar to d2. If you just make the town square of tristram and make the buildings burning, its will work fine. Don't include Adria, the cathedral, or the graveyard and you're good.

May 28 2008, 2:11 am stickynote Post #116

Ahli, (and Payne), you have to randomize the units that appear in a game, and possibly terrain if you're up to it.

None.

May 28 2008, 3:06 am rockz Post #117

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

Terrain won't work. I had suggested at one point to randomize the terrain (have two or more areas and just randomize the two, it's a huge map anyway), but the map is looking to be huge. Randomizing units would be a good thing though.

May 28 2008, 9:50 pm payne Post #118

If you look at my topic in Map Production for my D2 map, you should see that I was gonna randomize the unit spawn (which means no pre-placed units == less lag :))... or maybe I forgot to write that down? I dunno xD

None.

May 29 2008, 4:32 pm Ahli Post #119

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Quote from stickynote
Ahli, (and Payne), you have to randomize the units that appear in a game, and possibly terrain if you're up to it.
I will stick to the Diablo 1 random monster appearances and the random quests. I will say more, if I finished my few thousand basic triggers and made some terrain for the screenshots needed.

May 30 2008, 1:16 am WoodenFire Post #120

that temple ramp looks familiar... :O

I do believe there are a few more blends that can be added to make both of those terrain pieces much better... :O maybe I should make a thread with all my terrain maps so far... :O ive done that before...

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 30 2008, 2:57 am by WoodenFire.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 4 5 6 7 >
  Back to forum